Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-31-2015, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Personally I'm a bit over the Grounder/Ark drama. The alliance was pointless (along with Finn's death). So I do hope they don't make them get into another allance.

Personally I wouldn't mind if the Grounders have a civil war(?) because I just want to see something new with them Not a repeat of the grounder/ark storyline in S1 or S2.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:48 AM
Total Fan

I mean... I can't agree that the Grounder/Ark drama is "pointless" because it's basically the entire plot of the series. They came down to Earth, there were people already there. They've been fighting with them ever since, trying to find a way to co-exist. It's not static or repetitive. Plus the Grounder/Ark interactions have been driving most the character development for a lot of the kids since they got down there, Clarke and Octavia in particular. Far from being pointless, I'd say it's close to being the whole point.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Technically I called the Grounder/Ark alliance (and Finn dying so their can be alliance/peace) between them pointless.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniElky (View Post)
I was invested in Bob/Bellamy way before I thought of him as attractive, which is saying something for his acting and the writing. It was after I started actually feeling for Bellamy and learning more about him that Bob became more attractive to me, too. It was kind of a nice progression. I think some fans need to be given more credit than they are giving, the maniacs shouldn't take that away.
Same here.

Grounder/Ark drama will most likely continue for the duration of the show. What other people are the Sky People going to come into conflict with? Everyone else on Earth is, in some way, shape, or form, a Grounder. Granted, there could, and should different cultures within the Grounders. But the show is limited in terms of geography. Unless they ever do make it to Africa and Australia.

I would just like to see dynamics continuing to shift, rather than more of the same. And I think Lexa's betrayal opened up plenty of opportunity for that. I fully believe the show will capitalize on that.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just curious how do you see the aftermath of Lexa's betrayal playing out.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:00 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by warangel88 (View Post)
Technically I called the Grounder/Ark alliance (and Finn dying so their can be alliance/peace) between them pointless.
Okay, well, technically I still disagree with you because even if the alliance fell apart in the end, it wasn't pointless because Clarke and Octavia's characters grew and changed significantly because of it and the Ark learned so much about the Grounders because of it. It's really important to know as much about your enemy as possible when you're in a war.

I think Lexa's betrayal is going to open up drama between the 12 grounder clans and there might be a civil war or at least a power struggle where some Grounders will be pushing for new leadership. The missile debacle is definitely going to come up again. And I think Camp Jaha is going to get roped into this. And then maybe when they all finally find out that ALIE's trying to destroy everybody, we'll see them try to work together against the common enemy again.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

But honestly with Alycia being on anther show. I can somewhat see her being killed off (possibly in a civil war). Honestly Grounder vs Grounder conflict could be a lot more interesting than Ark & Grounder conflict. However, I would be surprised if anyone on the Ark side wants to be an alliance with Lexa again.

Last edited by warangel88; 03-31-2015 at 08:11 AM
Old 03-31-2015, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The alliance completely served a purpose, at that time. If Finn lived and the grounders attacked Camp Jaha, CJ would have likely been obliterated and then the show would probably have to be over But without that alliance, there would be no betrayal. And without the betrayal what conflict would arise in season 3? Now there is the opportunity for further development between Clarke and Lexa if they meet again. Whether Clarke has a bone to pick with her is a question, but she also has the knowledge that Lexa ran from her people when the missile was coming. I still think that's an important fact, considering she held a meeting in Tondc and then a bunch of the visiting grounders got blown up and she made it out unscathed. It's a tricky situation.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniElky (View Post)
I was invested in Bob/Bellamy way before I thought of him as attractive, which is saying something for his acting and the writing. It was after I started actually feeling for Bellamy and learning more about him that Bob became more attractive to me, too. It was kind of a nice progression. I think some fans need to be given more credit than they are giving, the maniacs shouldn't take that away.
Same for me as well. I really hated his guts back when but when I finally liked Bellamy and was invested in his arc, Bob became way more attractive to me too. And why can't people like a character simply because of a compelling characterisation and overall growth? Some people, I swear. They try to find drama in every little thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
Grounder/Ark drama will most likely continue for the duration of the show. What other people are the Sky People going to come into conflict with? Everyone else on Earth is, in some way, shape, or form, a Grounder. Granted, there could, and should different cultures within the Grounders. But the show is limited in terms of geography. Unless they ever do make it to Africa and Australia.
I think so too. There's just going to be variation of the Grounders throughout the show, I feel.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 03-31-2015, 08:46 AM
Passionate Fan

I think the missile at TonDC will definitely come into play. And that could go so many ways. It will certainly bite Lexa if too many find out, and I do anticipate that happening. Jason has made it known that Lexa was counting on Mt. Weather remaining a common enemy and using that for uniting the clans. Clarke blew that to hell. So how will the Grounders react to Mt. Weather being obliterated while Camp Jaha still stands? I could see the Grounders turning their focus back on the Sky People. They may not count them as an enemy and attack, but they certainly will recognize them as a formidable opponent seeing how they succeeded in destroying Mt. Weather. That can't go unnoticed.

Further alliances with the Grounders and Sky People will be tricky. And I don't know that either party will necessarily want one. If there is a civil war among the Grounders I could see that being more behind the scenes without the Sky People getting directly involved. I don't really have any ideas right now how that could work.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Same for me as well. I really hated his guts back when but when I finally liked Bellamy and was invested in his arc, Bob became way more attractive to me too. And why can't people like a character simply because of a compelling characterisation and overall growth? Some people, I swear. They try to find drama in every little thing.

I COMPLETELY AGREE. In the beginning, like you said lol, I couldn't stand him, he made me so mad. I thought he was so full of himself and such a jerk. and then suddenly while watching, whether it was him and Charlotte, with Octavia and "His Sister's keeper," him working with Clarke, their chemistry, just becoming a leader, I fell hard for this character. and the growth has just been amazing. Bob Morely has just been SO DAMN FANTASTIC as Bellamy and I think that's what makes him so attractive.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:40 AM
Total Fan

So now that Mount Weather has been taken down, the radio signals won't be jammed anymore and Camp Jaha will be able to pick up any signals that might be coming from other Ark crash sites. I think they might pick up a signal and send out a team to look for them. But here's the thing: I also think that ALIE will be wanting to send teams out to Ark crash sites to scavenge their technology. So I think that could be a good way for the Jaha/Murphy and Camp Jaha storylines to converge.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I got into the 100 late. So I pretty much watch S1 during Thanksgiving break. So I don't think I ever really wen through the disliking Bellamy stage.

But I don't think he became my personal fav. until Day Trip

Old 03-31-2015, 10:09 AM
Passionate Fan

Fuzzy, I like that theory. I too was thinking they should be getting in touch with or looking for other Ark crash sites. It makes sense that ALIE would get involved with that.

warangel88, it was Bellamy in Day Trip that finally got me hooked on the show after previously only seeing bits and pieces. He was just so compelling in that episode!
Old 03-31-2015, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

warangel88 - it was probably Day Trip for me too, I'll get back to you on that after we re-watch that one

I got in it a bit late too, I think only in August of last year, then I binged it. So my progression to thinking Bellamy was garbage to thinking he was amazing went pretty quickly