Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-30-2015, 01:58 PM
Total Fan

There still should have been a Bellamy/Raven sex scene though, if she came down as Finn's mom. That would have been awesome.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Fuzzy, I find both your theories quite plausible. Especially about the awkwardness of Finn's mom being on the ground with the 100. Nobody wants that. Like what would they do with her? Though I TOTALLY thought there would still be a Bellamy/Raven sex scene. Finn really wouldn't like that.

But I really wonder how things would have gone had Jasper died and Wells lived. Like what would they have done in Earth Skills if not saving Jasper? And we wouldn't have had Bellamy smugly telling Clarke that she couldn't make the hard choices while he could only to have her kill Atom for him.

And without Wells death we would have missed the whole Charlotte/Murphy storyline, which really informed so much of the rest of the season. No doubt the writers could have come up with plenty of other material and storylines, but the show would have been so different.

Is it strange that I almost feel like I shouldn't be talking about that stuff yet since we haven't reached those episodes in the rewatch?
Old 03-30-2015, 02:23 PM
Total Fan

Clearly things would have been completely different if Wells had lived. Somebody should write the AU fanfic of what would have happened if Wells had lived and Jasper had died. Has that happened yet?

I made a thread suggestions section for the OP and I'm realizing: that OP is all about the semicolons.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:06 PM
Passionate Fan

I've never seen such a fanfic. Not that I've looked. I would suggest we collaborate, but then I see madness. Hyenas will attack the camp. One of which will take a chunk out of Murphy's leg. Clarke and Raven will string up Finn, a la Atom, then go have drinks with Sterling. Octavia and Monty will capture some of those butterflies, all for some very scientific experiments. And then Bellamy and Wells will fly off on a Pegasus together.

And you're so true about the semicolons in the OP! Haha! Never noticed that before. Sadly, I don't believe any are used correctly.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They're pretty, though!

It's true though - Wells living and Jasper dying would have changed ALOT of things. Things we will never know because who could even imagine where they would have gone with it? It's really interesting to think about, though.

And Kenni I know - last week I mentioned something from episode 3 and then felt guilty

Old 03-30-2015, 04:51 PM
Total Fan

I like to imagine that if Jasper had died, then Monty would have a bigger role instead of mostly just being Jasper's sidekick. Every now and then he gets a moment to shine, but we all know that doesn't happen nearly as often as it should.

The semicolons in the OP are most definitely used incorrectly; they're being used to replace colons and in some places I think they might be purely decorative.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They are for sure decorative, they are like that in all the threads on this board.

I wish Monty had a bigger role. I mean I know he's not a main character, but everyone loves him Plus he seemed to have much more action in season 1. I guess what happened in the season finale could possibly mean a bit more exposure for him??

Old 03-30-2015, 05:32 PM
Passionate Fan

The semicolons are used to replace a colon in a couple instances, some are decorative, and then several are replacing commas. Which is ironic since commas are quite possibly the most commonly misused punctuation mark, and yet here they're being replaced with something else being used incorrectly. Oh, commas. Can't catch a break.

I think Monty will have more to do next season. At least I hope so. He was pretty much just as culpable in the genocide as Bellamy and Clarke. It's not like their pulling the lever would have done any good if he hadn't worked his tech mojo.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:37 PM
Total Fan

We might get more of a focus on Monty and Jasper's relationship since they're obviously at odds over what happened at Mount Weather. Maybe even a flashback to their friendship on the Ark!
Old 03-30-2015, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ yes. I think we can and should see a flashback of their relationship on the ark, especially with what happened in the finale. Jason will need to make us care about them even more, to truly understand how broken their friendship could be.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly I think Monty & Jasper's relationship is going to be one of the more interesting points next season. Although I hope they are able to overcome it, and become friends again.

But I am hoping S3 is a bit more like S1 in regards to screen time. While there is a few who had a lack of screentime in S1 (like Monty). I felt like the last half of S2 was imbalance with more character being sidelined for Lexa & Grounders.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:00 PM
Total Fan

I'm sure Monty and Jasper will be friends again eventually... as long as neither one of them dies beforehand.

I was never bothered by the amount of time we spent in season 2 with Lexa and the Grounders because that was a really cool way to proceed from last season when they were the enemies. We got a new enemy and teaming up with the Grounders was a change of pace and we got to learn so much about them, which was really cool and taught us a lot about the world the story is set in. Plus, Clarke and Octavia's personal arcs for the season were almost entirely dependent on the time we spent with the Grounders. So I don't even look at it as some of the smaller characters being sidelined for the Grounders so much as they were sidelined for Clarke and Octavia.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Personally I'm surprised nobody the audience really cares for didn't die in the S2 finale, except for maybe Maya. I was almost sure Wick or Abby will die, maybe Raven despite being a fan-favorite.

Honestly I never particularly liked Lexa in S2 B or her relationship with Clarke. I felt like Lexa was manipulating Clarke and was more or less was just toxic for her. Not to mention with Lexa's betrayal I feel like Finn's death is for nothing now.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Neither Monty or Jasper are allowed to die anytime soon. And by saying that I may have just sealed their fate. Jasper will die 3x02 and Monty will die 3x10. Dang it!

I really didn't mind the focus on the Grounders either. Like you said Fuzzy, that was really a focus on Clarke and Octavia. My only real complaint with season two was that there were so many different storylines going on with characters spread out all over the place. In season one it was pretty much just the 100 on the Ground and the adults on the Ark. Season two stretched the characters out a bit more. Which was necessary and worked for the plot of the season but I'd like to see more cohesion in season three. That obviously won't be the case right away given Clarke's walkabout and Jaha and Murphy being in Wonderland. And I don't necessarily even want that cohesion for the entire season, but it hit me kind of hard when Octavia hugged Jasper and Monty to realize she hadn't seen them since season one. Similar feeling when Raven gave Jasper his goggles. Or when Jasper asked Bellamy about Finn. They were so disconnected from everyone. So maybe not wait till the season finale for some reunions? Is that too much to ask?
Old 03-30-2015, 06:13 PM
Total Fan

We definitely expected more major characters to die. Over on the spoilers thread, we had a game going where everybody guessed 5 characters we thought would die and nobody got all 5 right. It was basically just Cage, Dante, and Maya.

I think season 3 is gonna have 3 big storylines that will gradually converge as we get closer to the finale: Clarke and whatever craziness she finds on her walkabout, Camp Jaha, and A.L.I.E. And weirdly, I feel like Camp Jaha and A.L.I.E. might connect before Clarke gets involved.