Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-29-2015, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Because Clarke would have done the same. She spent a whole episode telling lexa to worry about her people, and she'd worry about hers. Clarke did exactly what lexa did when she killed all the mountain men, and when she burned alive the grounders. So she can understand why lexa did it. The reason Clarke can't forgive Abby, is because she doesn't understand why she did it. That's the difference. And the same applies to wells before she knew it wasn't him.

I do think it depends on why Clarke would need to work with Lexa again. But they're always going to run the same paths. The ark is on lexa's land, and Clarke is wandering aimlessly on lexa's land. The trikru take that seriously. The arkers can't just expect that the grounders are giving them that land just because the mountain fell.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

She had to make a tough decision to rescue her people but the innocent people at Mount Weather were not her people, Clarke considered grounders to be her people, so I don't think she would have betrayed Lexa or the grounders the same way Lexa did. As for the grounders who died in the attack, Clarke wanted to find a solution to warn them, it was Lexa who was more willing to sacrifice them.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:51 PM
Total Fan

I think Clarke does understand why her mother did what she did (because she did a very similar thing to Finn), but she doesn't want to understand it because it was her father and she can't forgive that. I still think that in 2x09 when she realized that killing Finn made her similar to her mother, that's what made Clarke freak out and accept Lexa's advice on how to turn off her emotions. She didn't want to be like her mom. But after the missile and the betrayal and the genocide, I think Clarke realized the error in that and you see her full acceptance and reliance on mother again in the finale.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Clarke considers Lincoln to be her people.

'you take care of your people, I'll take care of mine'

She said that. The grounders aren't her people. They never will be, she doesn't understand them, and they certainly haven't invited her in with warm arms.

I wasn't talking about the tondc attack, that was different. I was talking about how despite the tact that she wanted peace, she still burned 300 grounders at the dropship to protect the 100. Basically the same thing lexa did. Risking 47 strangers to save all her people.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I wasn't talking about the tondc attack, that was different. I was talking about how despite the tact that she wanted peace, she still burned 300 grounders at the dropship to protect the 100. Basically the same thing lexa did. Risking 47 strangers to save all her people.
Wanting peace and fighting for survival in times of war is different, she wanted peace but the grounders attacked them, so they did what they thought they had to do in order to survive. They weren't in an alliance back then, the grounders attacked them, she also had no close relationship with Anya or any other grounder, they were strangers to her, she didn't betray them. So to me it's not the same because Lexa broke the alliance, betrayed Clarke and the rest of the Sky People and just let them there to die. If I were in Clarke's position I would have a hard time understanding her decision, not only on a personal level but also on a tactical one because if they hadn't beaten Mount Weather, the threat of the Mountain Men would be still present, so the grounders would be back were they started and Lexa's choice wouldn't protect her people at all.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:14 PM
Total Fan

I can't find the original tweet, but after the finale, Jason said something to the effect of "One of the reasons why Clarke is so gutted by Lexa's betrayal is because she understands why Lexa did it."
Old 03-29-2015, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lexa had a deal that the mountain men would leave her people alone. So they wouldn't have been at square one. And if the mountain men broke that deal then lexa has 12 clans and an army of thousands to go to war again. We don't know the intricacies of the deal, but I would assume lexa's people would ve completely off limits. And if the mountain men tried anything the grounder know the land, I have no doubt that that would give them the upper hand.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree that Clarke would understand lexa's choice.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

How Lexa would trust the Mountain Men after how they tortured them for so long and made them feel defenceless for years is beyond me but we can agree to disagree.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She doesn't have to completely trust them. She'll probably have scouts in the forest making sure they stick to their terms. If they don't she'll go after them to.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

With the technology, weapons and protective gear MW had they would still have an advantage over them.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They only have two exits. A few well placed guards could take them out as they try to leave. They've got to be able to leave the mountain before they're a threat. There's no more acid fog. Grounder could wait around all day and pick them off one by one as they attempt to leave
Old 03-29-2015, 05:02 PM
Total Fan

Well, obviously the very first thing they're going to do is leave the mountain because that was their entire goal in taking the bone marrow. They don't want to live underground. They would leave before they attacked the Grounders. But now that they don't need the Grounders' blood for survival, they don't really have a reason to attack and I think that's what Lexa is probably working off of.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's for sure what Lexa was working off of. I don't think she would be naive enough to think they'd never hear from the MM again, but like Kim said in a previous Tumblr post, they would send scouts - as I assume they do all year round to fend off ANY enemy.

Original pilot script

wtf @ Raven being Finn's mom? lol

Old 03-29-2015, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

What would a scout do though if they were attacked by somebody who is better equipped than them? The guards of the Mountain Men knew the woods well too, it's not like they would go out into unknown territory. It also makes their whole blood must have blood rhetoric sound laughable.

Raven as Finn's mom?

Old 03-29-2015, 07:22 PM
Total Fan

I'm gonna make a new thread. Hang on a sec.

NEW THREAD