Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2015, 09:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Awesome! Though still not really sure how big it is. Regardless, I see things taking a turn for the worse before any of them make it out. Though that's an easy prediction to make with this show.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:01 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
Nice..!! Maybe they have a secret Level 33.1 that only the "Revolutionist" know about.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmmm very interesting...this makes it look like there aren't TOO many hiding places? But who can be sure, really. I feel like one of those groups is doomed for sure...

Old 02-20-2015, 08:12 PM
Total Fan

I think that map is oversimplified. Or at least I hope it is. See how each numbered section is marked up into little grids? Hopefully those are sublevels or individual rooms or something. And we know there must be little hiding places and hidden rooms like the harvest chamber. This was the map that was on the first page of the Mount Weather orientation manual that they gave to Clarke in 2x01. They're not gonna have every little nook and cranny advertised right up front like that.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True true - I'm so confused right now as to what's going to happen next Not even confused...there's just a blank space there

Old 02-21-2015, 08:12 AM
Total Fan

That's good, right? One of the best things about this show is how it can surprise us. Even those of us who read spoilers. Like, we have some idea of what may happen, but we can only guess. It's exciting!
Old 02-21-2015, 09:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Yep. Blank space? No kidding. I both love and hate it at the same time. Mostly love. This show gives solid characterizations, but then places characters in scenarios that make it near impossible to predict what will happen.

Anyone else find it interesting that the lowest level is the President's Office? President Dante no less. Almost thinking there should be 9 levels rather than 7.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:15 AM
Total Fan

Oh, wow! I hadn't even thought of that. Now I'm trying to force more meaning into this and I think I'm failing. Surely the name Dante was meaningful at least.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the blank space - as much as I love spoilers and talking about them, I also love nt knowing anything cause it'll be so much more fun to watch.

And I was also wondering why his office would be on the lowest level, I assumed in case someone attacks them with missiles too I don't know. I never even thought about his name, either!

I really wonder what kind of twist Jason will throw our way in the finale...

Old 02-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Passionate Fan

I know in the past I've probably assigned more significance to character names that I think was ever intended by the writers. But I've always thought Dante's name was significant. You don't just name a character Dante without some meaning behind that.

And if it were 9 levels Cage taking over that last level would have even more significance. Damn it, Jason! You were so close to some awesome symbolism!
Old 02-21-2015, 01:18 PM
Total Fan

Dante has to be deliberate. It's kinda funny, actually. I know Dante isn't necessarily negative, but it's definitely associated with Hell. If you are the president of Mount Weather and you have a son, maybe name him something presidential like George or Thomas. Why you gotta go with Dante and Cage? Why not just name him Adolf at that point?
Old 02-21-2015, 01:21 PM
New Fan

Blank Space

Blank Space as well, but love to speculate. That whole Dante thing passed right over my head too.? I should of caught that. I found this very interesting about MW:

“Mount Weather could hold two, even three times as many people as there were bunks—several thousand in all. Only the President, Cabinet Secretaries and Supreme Court Justices had private quarters. Eisenhower had family pictures on his desk. A therapeutic mattress was installed for [President John F.] Kennedy’s bad back. For those who could not cope with the stress, the facility had sedatives as well as a padded isolation cell, complete with an observation window. One official dubbed it ‘the rubber room’ and said there were straightjackets on pegs outside the door… So complete is the site’s inventory that it now includes birth-control pills—not because of any anticipated sexual activity but so that female officials would not have to interrupt their pill-taking schedule.”

-- Ted Gup in Time magazine, 1992

Source:CONELRAD Adjacent: Mount Weather: A Random and Incomplete Oral History
Old 02-21-2015, 01:38 PM
Total Fan

The real Mount Weather is totally interesting, but I wouldn't expect the version on the show to be super accurate.

I also read that they took aerial shots of the real Mount Weather to use on the show, but I don't know how much I believe that. On the show, they make it look like it's set inside some big, craggy mountain, but that is not at all what the Blue Ridge Mountains look like.

This is a real photograph of the facility:

Last edited by Fuzzy Dunlop; 02-21-2015 at 01:43 PM
Old 02-21-2015, 01:49 PM
New Fan

True

That's a beautiful shot.! This vid shows that sat. footage, and road side shots ..and history of MW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R40zwj4MUo4#t=71
Old 02-21-2015, 02:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
Dante has to be deliberate. It's kinda funny, actually. I know Dante isn't necessarily negative, but it's definitely associated with Hell. If you are the president of Mount Weather and you have a son, maybe name him something presidential like George or Thomas. Why you gotta go with Dante and Cage? Why not just name him Adolf at that point?
So true! You already know how I feel about names in literature and stories. And with a show like this I feel like so many things are deliberate. And Dante practically screamed to me from the premiere. And I've loved that it turns out he's not exactly a bad guy. Not that he's great either - I mean he has been okay with bleeding the Grounders all this time. But his insistence to Cage about retaining his soul really fits with the name Dante even more. I love it.