Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2019, 08:13 PM
Passionate Fan

So I usually avoid clips like that cause I like to avoid spoilers. But I did watch some of it. Enough to know these Primes are even worse than I thought. I might watch the whole thing later but just couldn't listen to more right now.

And I've heard Get Out is good. Mean to watch it but just never get to it.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ya I've been refusing to watch them this year, but I couldn't help it this week for some resaon I'm really looking forward to this week's episode.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:57 PM
Passionate Fan

It's just that what the Primes do - and especially Josephine's attitude - makes me sick to my stomach. I mean what Mt. Weather was doing was pretty horrific and I've been wondering which is worse. But Josephine in particular just makes my skin crawl.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:42 AM
Total Fan

I don't know if it's possible to say which is worse. Maybe Sanctum is worse because of the completely unnecessary nature of it. The Primes don't need to live forever. It's not as if their civilization will die out if the Primes aren't worshipped and resurrected as gods. They've got a whole compound full of people who can carry on living there without them after they're gone and everything would be fine. The whole thing seems to be motivated by Russell's guilt about the first Red Sun and then it just got out of hand from there. Mt. Weather at least had the justification that they were trying to find a way to survive in the irradiated world. (Still completely horrific, though.)

The thing that bugs me the most about Sanctum is the phony religion. They made a point of telling us that Russell is an atheist, so it seems extra cruel and cynical that he would invest a fake religion and brainwash people to worship him and his family. Super gross.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:40 AM
Addicted Fan

I agree, Sanctum is definitely worse than Mt Weather. Mt Weather went about things the wrong way (putting it lightly) and were wrong in that they viewed the Grounders as having no worth other than to supply them with bone marrow, but at least they had a legitimate reason for what they did. There is absolutely no reason for Russell to have coerced Gabriel into doing what he did, other than to appease Russell's guilt for killing everyone.

Quote:
The thing that bugs me the most about Sanctum is the phony religion. They made a point of telling us that Russell is an atheist, so it seems extra cruel and cynical that he would invest a fake religion and brainwash people to worship him and his family.
Absolutely. It's truly horrific.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for posting the sneak peek! I’m definitely going to check it out as soon as I’m out of work haha

Bellamy ❤ Clarke
Old 06-15-2019, 09:15 AM
Passionate Fan

I've been thinking perhaps Mt. Weather had more justification since they were trying survive rather than creating way to live forever as gods. But then it occurred to me that we don't know how many Grounders had to die to save one person though a normal lifespan. In my mind what Mt. Weather did would be best likened to slavery. They captured Grounders because they saw them as subhuman and then used them up till they died.

I'm not sure what I could liken Santcum to. And it is gross. On several levels. I know I've said this before, and will likely repeat several more times, but it's like the show is trying to make this statement about how horrible humanity is. A group of genius scientists are sent with embryos to start another world. Outside the judgement of society they decide to use sciene to make themselves gods and live forever. What does that say about people?

Again, likening Mt. Weather to slavery I can see how otherwise good people would think what they were doing to the Grounders was okay. Racism and prejudice are taught. They were raised believing the Grounders are inferior and it was okay to use them as they did for their own survival. But the Primes just seem to have no regard for human life but their own. How does someone get to that point?
Old 06-15-2019, 09:37 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
Again, likening Mt. Weather to slavery I can see how otherwise good people would think what they were doing to the Grounders was okay. Racism and prejudice are taught. They were raised believing the Grounders are inferior and it was okay to use them as they did for their own survival. But the Primes just seem to have no regard for human life but their own. How does someone get to that point?
It might have something to do with believing that their nightblood makes them superior to other people. They hint at it a bit with Josephine's interest in eugenics, but I've also seen some kind of wild theories that relate to geometry and the golden ratio (like the spirals in the Dictavia and Xavier storyline) that might be about perfecting their genes. I dunno. It's all very half-baked right now, but it could be more than just not giving a **** about killing people.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:51 AM
Passionate Fan

But their Nightblood was manufactured. It's not some natural step in evolution which now sets them apart from the rest of humanity. And even if so why does that give them the right take over other Nightbloods? They would be just as special and superior as them.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:08 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
But their Nightblood was manufactured. It's not some natural step in evolution which now sets them apart from the rest of humanity. And even if so why does that give them the right take over other Nightbloods? They would be just as special and superior as them.
I don't see why something can't be "superior" just because it's manufactured. There's no reason why evolution has to be "natural." I tend to think that the digital revolution is a kind of evolution for humanity and it's not "natural." But then, humans are natural. So if they create something with their skills, isn't it just as natural as anything else? Like a bird's nest or a bee hive?

Maybe they're worried that their plan for purifying the bloodline wouldn't continue if they let others take over for them. Or maybe it's just a psycho ego thing. Hopefully they actually delve into it on the show.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Ok, I'll take that it's simply a matter of being able to create something superior. But then anyone could be superior. I get that they previously didn't know how to make Nightbloods but they knew it wasn't a natural occurrence for them. So anyone has the ability to become a Nightblood. And who's to say that others couldn't continue their work? Psycho ego thing it is! Cause Nightblood aside the Primes think they are above everyone else and that these people won't survive without their guidance. Massive ego trip if there ever was one.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's always fun to me how american television won't allow swearing, but they do allow showing dead chlildren
Old 06-15-2019, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Some American shows do, it depends on the channel.

Re: the Primes - I'm wondering if we're ever going to find out WHY they got to this point of thinking other people's bodies are basically just tupperware containers to be used and tossed away.

I mean, sure you could make yourself a nightblood and see yourself as superior to others. It's like having money and buying expensive brands and thinking you're better than others. I'm assuming none of the non-primes know that technically anyone can be made into a nightblood, because if they did, would they not think everything is a sham?

I'd like to know when the primes became nightbloods and how exactly it happened.

Old 06-16-2019, 01:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
This episode presents a tantalizing bit of Sheidheda backstory that is obviously just the first part of a bigger reveal: he was kept in chains by his first teacher, who wanted to make him “conform.” I suppose The Afictionados’ awesome theory about Sheidheda being Cadogan isn’t gonna work out, buuuuuuuut who do we think kept him in chains??

I bet Sheidheda was the first person to get the Flame in his head after Becca, a Second Dawn cult follower who took her Nightblood and who Cadogan then forced to take the Flame in order to extract information from it… *excited mythology noises*
Selina's HYPABLE review

If we got some backstory on this, especially about the early days of Becca/ Cadogan and this Sheidheda commander, I would squeal in excitement

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 06-16-2019, 06:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIcallYouKate (View Post)
Selina's HYPABLE review

If we got some backstory on this, especially about the early days of Becca/ Cadogan and this Sheidheda commander, I would squeal in excitement
OooooooO I would be squealing right along with you! I refuse to believe that Madi's Flame-induced "memories" last season included Becca being burned alive for nothing.