Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2017, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Devon really has great insight into Jasper. It's obvious he spent a lot of time figuring the character out and thinking about how to realistically portray such a serious, dark storyline. He did such a great job.
ICON
Old 06-15-2017, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Devon is actually an amazing actor - he did a really good job with Jasper's material.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I want to watch more of the stuff he's in now.
ICON
Old 06-16-2017, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I should too
Old 06-17-2017, 06:07 PM
Total Fan

Old 06-18-2017, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Words cannot express how happy I was that Eliza mentioned Devon. He was on the show for four years. He deserves to be mentioned far more often.
ICON
Old 06-18-2017, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw it's sad, they work with these people for several years and then they're just gone

Old 06-21-2017, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know right
Old 06-21-2017, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylina (View Post)
Aww. This made me sad. It's so sweet though, this cast feels every departure so much, Ricky and now Devon. Must be so tough to love your co-workers and have to say goodbye to them (on the show) and not see them on set again.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-21-2017, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Since Devon was there from the very beginning, I would assume that he would be one of the hardest actors to lose from the cast.

You can vote for Devon/Jasper here if you'd like: TV Scoop Awards 2017: Vote for the Saddest Death and Actor Exit Now | E! News
ICON
Old 06-22-2017, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll vote!

And yeah, they spent alot of time together in the first seasons for sure, but so many of them got split up for the last couple of seasons. I always forget that not all the cast sees eachother all the time!

Old 06-24-2017, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Voted too.

I'm guessing that they got to see each other on set sometimes, even when they don't have scenes together ... but now, even that won't happen anymore.

Quote:
Jasper Jordan has been with this hell show since the very ****ing beginning. He had a deep connection to every single member of that group and he deserved to be grieved.

He was one of Clarke’s first friends, the first person she got to save, someone who had her back, who saved her at the bridge, who set off the rockets for her in the dropship, someone who believed in her, and offered the chance to smile one last time at the end of the world.

He was the closest thing Bellamy had to a little brother or a protege, someone who looked up to him, who followed him into hell for his sister, who set off the bomb when he couldn’t, who had unwavering faith in him at Mt. Weather, and who reminded him of who he was at the very end, when he needed it.

He was Octavia’s first friend, someone who jumped into a river to save her from a monster, who followed her brother through hell just to get her back, and who shared his grief with her.

He was Raven’s right hand, someone who helped her sort out gunpowder and build mines, who worked with her to open a dropship and then blast it off, who risked himself to save her from Arkadia and ALIE, who understood the pain of living they both faced.

He was Monty’s brother, someone he shared every memory with, who was closer to him than his own family, who sat in front of the window and played on which planet would you rather with him, who got locked up together, who was always at his side, who pulled him from a cage.

He was Harper and Miller’s mastermind, someone who kept them all together, who worked out how to stay alive in Mt. Weather, who led their team of misfit criminals through picking locks and defending their own.

He stood up for Murphy on the Ark.

He was the protector and beacon of hope for the 47 inside the mountain, filling the spot of leader, keeping them as safe as he could.

Jasper Jordan was connected to each and every character on this show, he meant something to every single person and he has since the very first episode. He didn’t deserve to be a guest star in his own death episode. He didn’t deserve to have half of his friends find out about his death offscreen. He didn’t deserve on line in passing to tie it all up. He didn’t deserve to be a throw away plot brushed under the rug after it was over.

Jasper Jordan ****ing deserved to be mourned and remembered, and it’s ****ing frustrating when there’s a guest star that wasn’t even around for a full season, that still gets name dropped and glorified every damn episode for 2 years.

Jasper Jordan was an original delinquent and this is really just utter bull****.
Source

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-26-2017, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He was the protector and beacon of hope for the 47 inside the mountain, filling the spot of leader, keeping them as safe as he could.
I really agree with this, especially the bolded part. I've mentioned before how I really admire that Jasper stepped up into a leadership role in Mount Weather. I mean, this was coming off the heels of season one, where the delinquents were very much followers of Bellamy and Clarke, where they were very used to letting those two make the tough calls and the difficult decisions. When Clarke left, Jasper really stepped up. And even when they knew Bellamy was in there, working to help them escape, it wasn't like he could be with them all the time. So Jasper had to remain the leader.

Quote:
Jasper Jordan was connected to each and every character on this show, he meant something to every single person and he has since the very first episode. He didn’t deserve to be a guest star in his own death episode. He didn’t deserve to have half of his friends find out about his death offscreen. He didn’t deserve on line in passing to tie it all up. He didn’t deserve to be a throw away plot brushed under the rug after it was over.
Not sure if I agree with this part, though. I certainly wouldn't say that Jasper was a "guest star" in his own death episode. There were very clearly three distinct (and all very emotional storylines) going on in 4x11: We had Jasper's death, Raven saving herself, and Bellamy/Clarke and the bunker door. Jasper's decision to die was a sharp contrast to both Raven and Harper deciding to fight for life in that episode, and to Bellamy fighting for Octavia's life.

Now the whole "finding out off screen" thing . . . okay, I do have an issue with how many things this show tries to explain as happening off screen, but at the same time, they can't show absolutely everything. I actually quite liked the moment where Monty told Bellamy and Clarke that Clarke should wear the suit that was supposed to be Jasper's, mainly because it gave us this show of Bellamy's reaction, and you guys all know how much I love my Bellasper. Bellamy knew it was coming, but he still looked sad. Now yes, I would have loved if they'd shown a shot of Clarke's reaction, too, but Bellamy and Jasper were ultimately closer friends in the end, so it was more important to see his face there.

Also, they're battling the clock when it comes to the death wave at that point. What are they all supposed to do, stand around and have a funeral? There's no time for them to break down and get emotional when they're trying to figure out a way to save their own lives.

Quote:
Jasper Jordan ****ing deserved to be mourned and remembered, and it’s ****ing frustrating when there’s a guest star that wasn’t even around for a full season, that still gets name dropped and glorified every damn episode for 2 years.
Okay, that's some frustration I can admittedly understand. I feel the same way with Finn, and I didn't even like Finn.
ICON
Old 07-03-2017, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I agree with everything you said April
Even Finn was mourned for one episode though

I would've loved to see some mourning for/over Jasper, but it's not like there was time
And with the time jump I've accepted that we won't get it.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still need to get a playlist going for this guy. I'm just worried all the vids will make me sad, though.
ICON