Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
The blood transfusions from the grounders kind of confused me. Do they have special healing properties in their blood? I'm ready for the next episode.
I guess they could have like super white blood cells that would clear out the damage from radiation? I'm not that far along in biochemistry.

The whole concept of entire communities of people who have evolved in three generations is freaking ridiculous, though.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

Josie, maybe b/c the Mountain Men have been underground their entire lives and haven't been exposed to many things then they might not have the anti-bodies that they need for their immune system to fight off disease and infection but the Grounders do. I have a business degree and it's been years since I took a science class of any kind so I'm probably way off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
Lol @ Miller. With his dapper little shirt and baby beard. I was like "Who's that?" at first.
When the guard with Abby gave Bellamy the gun and told him to find his son then said his name was Miller, I was so damn excited. I like Miller so I'm hoping it means that we might get to see more of him this season.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 10-29-2014, 07:43 PM
Total Fan

Can we talk about the fact that, evidently, when the original Mountain Men took cover before the bombs, they were like "Save only pastel colored clothes!!!!"
Old 10-29-2014, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

^Maybe pastels were big at the time that the bombs started falling. Or maybe years of washing have made the once bright colors fade...
Old 10-29-2014, 07:50 PM
Total Fan

It was clearly spring when the bombs dropped. The Ark people's clothes didn't fade like that!

I was thinking for a second that you might be onto something about the Mountain Men just not having antibodies to deal with the outdoors... Like maybe they're wrong about the evolution thing (because that's just impossible) and they're just getting sick when they get exposed to stuff. But then I figured that people from the Ark should have that same problem, so that can't be it. My conclusion is that the people writing this story all have fine arts degrees and have never taken biology.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I have to stop reading spoilers because it's ruining the fun of the show to already anticipate half of what's going to happen. The #1 absolute best thing about this show is when they surprise you with something crazy. What am I doing, ruining that for myself?
You know, I don't read spoilers about this TV show, and I had this attitude since the first episode of the 100. I'm all the time intrigued for what's going to happen and I really enjoy it, you can try to do the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
The blood transfusions from the grounders kind of confused me. Do they have special healing properties in their blood? I'm ready for the next episode.
I think that they're using their blood to improve their people's health and to improve ability to survive under the exposure of radioactivity/radiation.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:25 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilove (View Post)
I think that they're using their blood to improve their people's health and to improve ability to survive under the exposure of radioactivity/radiation.
Yeah, that's the obvious hand-wave explanation the show is expecting us to accept. I think we're questioning the actual mechanism of that. Like how does that work? That's what I'm questioning, anyway.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

I still haven't gone back to watch the episode yet but didn't the guy that Clarke saw all healed towards the end, isn't he the same one that they brought in with "radiation" burns? Radiation burns aren't going to be healed with a blood transfusion. So there's something else going on.

There were people on twitter saying that Jaha couldn't have survived his space jump when the glass broke on his helmet but they're wrong. He was only exposed for a few seconds and then immediately got in the decompression chamber. So yeah, the science was right there. Jason also tweeted about Jaha's space jump and how they consulted with NASA on the mechanics of whether or not it would be possible.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:42 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave princess (View Post)
I still haven't gone back to watch the episode yet but didn't the guy that Clarke saw all healed towards the end, isn't he the same one that they brought in with "radiation" burns? Radiation burns aren't going to be healed with a blood transfusion. So there's something else going on.
Yeah, that part makes no sense at all. I think the "something else" that's going on is that the writers don't know what they're talking about. The whole storyline is shenanigans.

Quote:
There were people on twitter saying that Jaha couldn't have survived his space jump when the glass broke on his helmet but they're wrong. He was only exposed for a few seconds and then immediately got in the decompression chamber. So yeah, the science was right there. Jason also tweeted about Jaha's space jump and how they consulted with NASA on the mechanics of whether or not it would be possible.
Yeah, if it's less than like 15 seconds, he'd be okay. I don't even think they needed that extra bit of drama with the helmet breaking. Just launching himself across open space is freaky enough on its own!

Why do they research the physics but not the biology?!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It was clearly spring when the bombs dropped. The Ark people's clothes didn't fade like that!

I was thinking for a second that you might be onto something about the Mountain Men just not having antibodies to deal with the outdoors... Like maybe they're wrong about the evolution thing (because that's just impossible) and they're just getting sick when they get exposed to stuff. But then I figured that people from the Ark should have that same problem, so that can't be it. My conclusion is that the people writing this story all have fine arts degrees and have never taken biology.
well, we know that the Grounders heal differently from when they gave Murphy the virus and it started killing people when to the Grounders it was basically a cold or something, Lincoln said.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, that part makes no sense at all. I think the "something else" that's going on is that the writers don't know what they're talking about. The whole storyline is shenanigans.
I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. B/c if it's just a simple "we can go outside b/c of solar radiation blah blah blah" then Dante was actually telling the truth. They just use horrible methods to ensure that they stay alive. HOWEVER, I don't think it's as simple as that. There's something else going on here. So I'm okay with not having all of the answers right now and wondering what the hell is going on.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:30 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
well, we know that the Grounders heal differently from when they gave Murphy the virus and it started killing people when to the Grounders it was basically a cold or something, Lincoln said.
Do we know that they heal differently, though? I thought they had just built up an immunity to that particular virus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave princess (View Post)
I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. B/c if it's just a simple "we can go outside b/c of solar radiation blah blah blah" then Dante was actually telling the truth. They just use horrible methods to ensure that they stay alive. HOWEVER, I don't think it's as simple as that. There's something else going on here. So I'm okay with not having all of the answers right now and wondering what the hell is going on.
Unless part of the eventual explanation is that Dante was lying about the Grounders and the Arkers evolving in 97 years, then I am still calling shenanigans. It just doesn't happen that fast, even in small populations.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Passionate Fan

I thought this episode was just amazing. It is a great lead up to episode 3 which I think is going to be an action packed one. Jaha scenes were done brilliantly but looks like he has landed in no mans land very very far away from any civilization. I think he is going to run into Finn and Bellamy at some stage plus Linsey Morgan was great! That scene gave me chills. I found it abit hilarious though that the two scared kids are accompanying Finn and Bellamy on their search for the 48. I mean c'mon now!
Old 10-29-2014, 10:25 PM
Master Fan

^They need red shirts with Bellamy, Finn and Murphy that they can kill off.

So on the re-watch, I saw part of the Brooklyn Bridge behind Jaha's missile which means he's in New York. I hope he has a compass and a map if he ever hopes to find his people.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:45 PM
Passionate Fan

^Poor kiddos

So if Jaha is in New York does that mean Octavia is in DC? The distance by foot between these two places will be quite a task but maybe Jaha will find some new people along the way who he will bring along to the main camp?