Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2018, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Psstt, Lisa. I'll try to find you a DL link.

I'm surprised too, Kate. Maybe today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
I feel like maybe Clarke is so single-minded about protecting Madi that she might not have even thought about how Bellamy would react when she said she wanted to "take her out." If you watch that scene and pay attention to what Bellamy/Monty/Harper are doing in the background, they seem pretty surprised by Clarke's behavior. Like she has just snapped and is going off on her own and the rest of them don't seem to matter to her anymore. You can see Bellamy look at them and make this open-palmed gesture to them like "wtf is going on?" and Clarke is totally oblivious. This is the Clarke that impaled a living man on a spike in 5x03 to protect her baby. She's not thinking like "oh, it will hurt Bellamy's feelings."
I disagree that they were shocked by it, Bellamy at least looked like he had already contemplated the thought of how to stop his sister from starting a war. He didn't look surprised to me, but clearly torn/troubled at having to partake in it. Especially since Clarke has the same thought now. Also, she was staring right at him the entire time when she's on the radio and even when he turns away. She's definitely aware of his reaction then, or at least was trying to suss his reaction at that point.

Also, a general thread reminder as we go into the next episode ... Please try to stay away from bashing words, wishing for characters’ death or questioning why people would still like certain characters. You might not be a fan of certain characters and that’s fine, just remember that someone else might love/like the character and might feel hurt/offended by your comments. Thanks, guys.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-25-2018, 07:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
I disagree that they were shocked by it, Bellamy at least looked like he had already contemplated the thought of how to stop his sister from starting a war. He didn't look surprised to me, but clearly torn/troubled at having to partake in it. Especially since Clarke has the same thought now. Also, she was staring right at him the entire time when she's on the radio and even when he turns away. She's definitely aware of his reaction then, or at least was trying to suss his reaction at that point.[/B]
Yep That's exactly how I took it. She didn't take her eyes off him the whole time that she was on the radio, so she was obviously aware of the impact it would have on him. And to me it seems like he knows what she's going to say before she tells Diyoza, because like you said, it's probably something he's contemplated before. Alot of people think Bellamy looks angry when he looks up, but to me it seemed like he was bracing himself for what's coming next.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJoyful (View Post)
Alot of people think Bellamy looks angry when he looks up, but to me it seemed like he was bracing himself for what's coming next.
Agreed, I didn't see it as angry either ... just a troubled expression and him dreading what is to come next because he knows that she is right but it won't be something he looks forward to, clearly.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Old 06-25-2018, 12:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Spoiler:
Old 06-25-2018, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam23089 (View Post)
I'm sorry if I'm asking but isen't that bashing a character if anything wishing someone would kill her, you can criticie her actions that's another thing, I love Kara
Sorry Adam, I didn’t know that there is someone who likes Kara
I had the impression that no one here likes her
Now that I know you like her, I‘ll be more careful what I write about her, I promise

Ugh, I can’t watch the Sneak Peek
My internet at home is down since last Tuesday because I have changed the Internet provider
Now the old provider makes problems with the switch and the new provider has trouble getting the internet up and running
I’m not able to watch the Sneak Peek video with my IPad
Hopefully the Sneak Peek is uploaded on YouTube soon … My IPad doesn’t have problems with YT videos
Old 06-25-2018, 01:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Who are your providers? I'm a huge tech nerd, I might be able to help.

I care about your access to promo material!
Old 06-25-2018, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Found the yt link:
Old 06-25-2018, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Thanks so much for offering your help Tara
I have German providers … the old provider is the biggest German provider called „Telekom“
And the new provider is a small local provider called „ZEAG“
The new provider has laid new fibre optic cables in my village, so I can get 100 MBit/s Internet from them instead of 6 MBit/s Internet from the old provider
Now I hope I get the new internet soon … I phone call the providers daily until they have fixed it

Sorry for the off topic tech talk

Thanks for sharing the YT Sneak Peek, Kate
Finally I could watch it
Can’t wait to see how they want to take Octavia out
Old 06-25-2018, 03:27 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
I disagree that they were shocked by it, Bellamy at least looked like he had already contemplated the thought of how to stop his sister from starting a war. He didn't look surprised to me, but clearly torn/troubled at having to partake in it. Especially since Clarke has the same thought now. Also, she was staring right at him the entire time when she's on the radio and even when he turns away. She's definitely aware of his reaction then, or at least was trying to suss his reaction at that point.
I'm not talking about them being surprised when she says "we're gonna take her out." I'm talking about them looking surprised when she pulls the cable out of the walkie talkie and steps away from them. She has her back turned to them right then. Watch them interact with each other in the background. I didn't really notice it the first time I watched. They look fed up. They look annoyed that Clarke just made a unilateral decision to take over the whole situation without even consulting them first or anything. Harper says, "Wait, what are you doing?" and all she tells them is she's "stopping the cycle" and then they all just sort of silently go "wtf" as she talks to Diyoza. It's a continuation of Bellamy being annoyed with her "diplomacy" with Indra. Bossy Clarke is back.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I'm not talking about them being surprised when she says "we're gonna take her out." I'm talking about them looking surprised when she pulls the cable out of the walkie talkie and steps away from them. She has her back turned to them right then. Watch them interact with each other in the background. I didn't really notice it the first time I watched. They look fed up. They look annoyed that Clarke just made a unilateral decision to take over the whole situation without even consulting them first or anything. Harper says, "Wait, what are you doing?" and all she tells them is she's "stopping the cycle" and then they all just sort of silently go "wtf" as she talks to Diyoza. It's a continuation of Bellamy being annoyed with her "diplomacy" with Indra. Bossy Clarke is back.
Monty clearly trusts her to make a decision, considering the fact that he first tried to stop her but then let her have the radio when she said she was going to "break the cycle."

You're starting to edge a little close to Clarke bashing here my friend. Let's wait and see how it all plays out before we make her out to be "bossy and making unilateral decisions."
Old 06-25-2018, 03:59 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJoyful (View Post)
Monty clearly trusts her to make a decision, considering the fact that he first tried to stop her but then let her have the radio when she said she was going to "break the cycle."

You're starting to edge a little close to Clarke bashing here my friend. Let's wait and see how it all plays out before we make her out to be "bossy and making unilateral decisions."
Clarke does make unilateral decisions. I could give you a list of examples. It's not bashing her to just say what she's doing. If you can't handle an opinion about Clarke that mild, then I don't know what to say. I'm not like... calling for her to be consumed from the inside out by worms or something. Do we want a forum where nobody is allowed to express any negative opinions about any character ever? I'd like to see how that goes.

Again, just watch Bellamy's body language as she takes the radio. He doesn't like what she's doing.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Clarke does make unilateral decisions. I could give you a list of examples. It's not bashing her to just say what she's doing. If you can't handle an opinion about Clarke that mild, then I don't know what to say. I'm not like... calling for her to be consumed from the inside out by worms or something. Do we want a forum where nobody is allowed to express any negative opinions about any character ever? I'd like to see how that goes.

Again, just watch Bellamy's body language as she takes the radio. He doesn't like what she's doing.
Clearly we disagree about our interpretations of the sneak peak, which is why I said that we should probably wait and see how it all plays out before any judgements are made.

Negative opinions about characters aren't a problem, but consistently negative comments regarding a particular character's actions and decisions can be very discouraging to the rest of the people participating in the discussion.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm not talking about them being surprised when she says "we're gonna take her out." I'm talking about them looking surprised when she pulls the cable out of the walkie talkie and steps away from them. She has her back turned to them right then. Watch them interact with each other in the background. I didn't really notice it the first time I watched. They look fed up. They look annoyed that Clarke just made a unilateral decision to take over the whole situation without even consulting them first or anything. It's a continuation of Bellamy being annoyed with her "diplomacy" with Indra.
It‘s typical Clarke, that she decides on her own without asking the others
She‘s convinced that her plan is the best option and she assumes that the others will join her
For me, Clarke’s acting is not negative … good leaders must often decide on their own and need to trust, that the group will support their plan
Old 06-25-2018, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tara, I totally agree! Clarke isn’t being bossy. She’s just doing what she thinks needs to be done. And Bellamy isn’t annoyed. He was confused—I, too, noticed his reaction when she unplugged the thing. He’s going to be upset, but like others have said here, I get the sense that he was bracing himself for it, deep down.
ICON