Old 07-02-2018, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Or do both
Old 07-02-2018, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJoyful (View Post)
I feel like we're either gonna see that, or see someone bring up how Lincoln would feel about the person she's become.
Now that you say it, Tara ... we had a lot Jasper mentions in S5 until now, but no one has mentioned Lincoln ... although it would be really important for Octavia, if someone would remind her of Lincoln and according which values Lincoln has lived
Old 07-02-2018, 11:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, how powerful would this be?

"Lincoln didn't die to see you turn into Pike!"

I can see Indra or Bellamy coming at her with that...yikes.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I would love this, but we aren't that lucky to get a line like this.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 07-02-2018, 12:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

That's a great line

Hopefully someone tells Octavia something like that
Old 07-02-2018, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

This. Would be. The best.
ICON
Old 07-02-2018, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

What scares me about Octavia right now is how almost gleeful she is about going to war. It’s like there is no other alternative, it’s happening no matter what so I really did feel like what Bellamy did was completely necessary (killing Cooper wasn’t though) since I doubt that she’s at the point where she can listen to reason anymore.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-02-2018, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
What scares me about Octavia right now is how almost gleeful she is about going to war. It’s like there is no other alternative, it’s happening no matter what so I really did feel like what Bellamy did was completely necessary (killing Cooper wasn’t though) since I doubt that she’s at the point where she can listen to reason anymore.
Completely agree. There was no other way to stop her short of killing her. She wasn't going to stop and she has cult-like followers who will not listen to anyone besides her too. It was the only way.

I mentioned on my Everwood board a couple weeks back with others who watch the show how Lincoln should absolutely be brought up. A Lincoln mention might be the one thing that allows her to start the healing process.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I think Octavia also knew that Indra was helping Bellamy and Clarke in that moment, or at least suspected that Indra was SOMEHOW making a move against her, so giving her spot to Miller was punishment for that, too.
Even if it's not a case of Octavia suspecting Indra, and punishing her for that, I think that it would be enough for her that she can't be sure that she wasn't involved. She might think that there's a 10% chance that Indra was involved (as opposed to 99.9% for Bellamy) and, while that isn't enough to prompt her to arrest her or cut emotional ties with her, it's enough that she's not about to entrust an important mission to her.

Basically, it'd be a case of "I don't think that you're guilty but I can't be sure that you're innocent."

Quote:
But her actions since leaving the bunker have not been motivated by necessity, IMO. She wants to go to war when there isn’t a war that needs to be fought.
That's the problem. She has options and it's not a case of her being unable to see them, she's unwilling to consider any option other than Wonkru taking possession of the valley. The only circumstances in which I can see her agreeing to share the valley would be if the Eligius group agreed to join Wonkru.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)

I mentioned on my Everwood board a couple weeks back with others who watch the show how Lincoln should absolutely be brought up. A Lincoln mention might be the one thing that allows her to start the healing process.
I hope that Lincoln will be brought up to her and it’ll be interesting to see if a Lincoln mention is enough to bring her back from the brink and realise that maybe how she’s been operating is not the best way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regan (View Post)
That's the problem. She has options and it's not a case of her being unable to see them, she's unwilling to consider any option other than Wonkru taking possession of the valley. The only circumstances in which I can see her agreeing to share the valley would be if the Eligius group agreed to join Wonkru.
I feel like it may not be enough and that she’ll only accept a truce if Eligius wholly surrenders to Wonkru.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-03-2018, 04:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
I feel like it may not be enough and that she’ll only accept a truce if Eligius wholly surrenders to Wonkru.
Her philosophy of "You are Wonkru or you are the enemy of Wonkru" would apply.

Even in the event of a surrender, I doubt that she'd accept the leaders among the Eligius group.

Likewise, Diyoza will accept surrender, not alliance or co-existence, and I suspect that she will not be willing to leave Octavia alive.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I feel like, if they were going to mention Lincoln or Pike to Octavia, they'd have done so by now.

I think Octavia needs to be fighting/a war, otherwise she's doesn't know how to be. Either that, or she's so power hungry now that logic goes right out the window.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:13 AM
Addicted Fan

I know it's far too late for it now, but I WISH when Bellamy had first argued to Octavia that Eligius feels they have the same right to the valley that Wonkru does, that Octavia had snapped back "Yeah? And how many original inhabitants of Shadow Valley does Eligius have, exactly? Because Wonkru has 96." (Or whatever the actual number would be, because I'm willing to bet she knows.)

Everybody's hating on Octavia this season, and I'm not saying she hasn't earned it, but Diyoza and Eligius didn't exactly land on the ground and open their doors waving white flags and yelling 'we come in peace'. Just because Diyoza has been shown over the past few eps to be the more reasonable leader doesn't mean she's some pacifist that Octavia is just sh@@@ing all over in her power hungry quest for total rule.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:14 AM
Addicted Fan

double post

Last edited by Taryn74; 07-03-2018 at 09:20 AM
Old 07-03-2018, 09:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

I can't recall if any character has indicated what kind of numbers the valley can sustain, and if Earth's current population of c. 1,100 can live there.

If it can support everybody, then I think that the fairest solution, if uniting is not on the cards, would be to split it based on population.