Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-12-2018, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
I'm personally in a better place with all of this than how I usually am when one of my ships is having big angst like this. I know it's mainly due to things like positive people on tumblr/twitter, April (and a few of the rest of you here). So thanks guys!
Aww, you’re welcome! Love that gifset you brought over, by the way. Very angsty quote in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie (View Post)
It's true that line "My sister. My responsibility." could come into play again. Maybe it was a foreshadowing of something bigger. But if he really does that, then I can see the hate Bellamy will be getting for killing his sister Some people are already upset that he 'only' poisoned her.
Octavia Stans, I’m guessing.

Quote:
Yeah, I get it. Once upon a time these things were making me really angry too, but I eventually I learned that there really is no point arguing with people or trying to change their minds and now I just usually read it and move on and I'm rather focusing on the positives.
Yep, and I have no problem with disagreements, but the hyperbole levels in the fandom this season (and even on the board, to a lesser extent) have just been . . . different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph26 (View Post)
OMGeez, April, I’ve thought this same thing, and even told my husband this last night. In the beginning, I was sure Octavia would die by the end, but now I’m not positive. I think they’re going for a redemption arc for her, which I’m just like meh about. I’ve never been her biggest fan. I do think Bellamy could end up saving Madi at the expense of Octavia somehow.
WE ARE THE SAME PERSON RIGHT NOW!

Yeah, he might not have to kill her but might have to make some kind of decision at Octavia’s ultimate expense. I don’t know, this is probably more general thread speculation, but I had to share it here.

I’m gonna have to respond to the rest later. Gotta go now.
ICON
Old 07-12-2018, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

That would be a good way to handle it Amelia
Old 07-12-2018, 05:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
WE ARE THE SAME PERSON RIGHT NOW!

Yeah, he might not have to kill her but might have to make some kind of decision at Octavia’s ultimate expense. I don’t know, this is probably more general thread speculation, but I had to share it here.

I also think it’ll help Bellarke’s relationship, so that’s how it’s relevant here.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
OMGeez, April, I’ve thought this same thing, and even told my husband this last night. In the beginning, I was sure Octavia would die by the end, but now I’m not positive. I think they’re going for a redemption arc for her, which I’m just like meh about. I’ve never been her biggest fan. I do think Bellamy could end up saving Madi at the expense of Octavia somehow.
I really like this theory and I really hope this is the case, because Bellamy has some serious making up to do when it comes to Clarke AND Madi. And to save someone who is important to Clarke vs someone who is important to him ... that would be huge.

This show has burned me so much when it comes to Bellarke though so I’ll wish for this but not have high hopes for it.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-12-2018, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I just can't imagine Bellamy truly killing Octavia.

Last edited by BlueDog9; 07-12-2018 at 06:13 PM
Old 07-12-2018, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJoyful (View Post)
I'm actually curious to see if Bellamy is actually mad at Clarke, because it didn't seem that way to me.

When she walks away after taking Madi, he looks devastated. He's very aware of how betrayed she feels by him in that moment.
I agree. I don't think Bellamy's mad at Clarke. Because I feel like Bellamy is closer to achieving a balance of using his head and his heart right now, I feel like he can see where Clarke is coming from and see why she's so furious with him.

Quote:
I think some members of Spacekru will be upset with her for leaving him, but is it weird that I don't really see Bellamy being furious about that?
Yeah, I think Spacekru's gonna be PISSED at her. And rightfully so. That's a member of their family she left behind there, and yes, even though that family would not have existed without Clarke being willing to sacrifice her life for them, the fact of the matter is that they became a family and a key member of that family is not coming back with her to the valley.

My friend and I were talking about this today, and at first I was like, "No, I don't want the show to present Echo as the concerned girlfriend and Clarke as heartless! That's not gonna help anything." But then she and I started thinking about it and talking about it, and we decided that we actually HOPE Spacekru is really upset with her, because we think it could open her eyes to what exactly she did, and we think that it might help her better understand where Bellamy is coming from when she sees that those people care about him like she cares about Madi. (I mean, she and Madi only had each other, but those seven only had each other. Yes, a SLIGHTLY bigger group of people, but still a pretty small group for 6 years.) As I noted above, I do think Bellamy is going to have an easier time understanding Clarke than she is currently having understanding him, so maybe actually seeing how much Spacekru cares about him will be a good thing for her. And it might remind her how much she cares about him, too.

Quote:
I think what they both did was unforgivable in the other's eyes, even if they understand it down the line. So I don't want the Day Trip forgiveness talk to come back.
I don't think that what either one of them did was unforgiveable, though. I doubt Bellamy feels that way. Clarke won't always feel that way. Forgiveness has always been a pillar of Bellamy and Clarke's relationship. They've forgiven each other even when they haven't been able to forgive themselves.

I just hope that the show doesn't make it seem like Bellamy is the only one who's done something that needs to be forgiven here. That whole episode was Bellamy and Clarke BOTH making questionable calls, BOTH doing things that could be considered a betrayal to each other, BOTH breaking each other's hearts. Not one part of that episode was one-sided, (same goes for all the other "civil wars," too, like Eligius), so I don't want the resolution to be one-sided, either.

Now I'm finally caught up on the thread today!
ICON
Old 07-12-2018, 06:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)

This show has burned me so much when it comes to Bellarke though so I’ll wish for this but not have high hopes for it.
Same. While I think it would be good, it seems too good for Bellarkers.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Which are you?
Old 07-12-2018, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If I still played Sims, I'm sure I'd have Bellarke ones. But I don't think I'm Jaclyn either, there. I'm the person who's been thinking a lot and typing out a lot of analysis for days.
ICON

Last edited by April7739; 07-12-2018 at 06:39 PM
Old 07-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I'm Jaclyn at this point.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I’m thinking and thinking more. Plus, I’ve got someone on my board scared to watch the episode. She’s a diehard Bellarke shipper and based on what little she knows she doesn’t want to watch. She had relatives in town and couldn’t watch live. So she keeps asking me questions hoping the reality isn’t as bad as what she’s imagined inside her head. I don’t know how to soften the blow since I know she’s going to be upset yet I still want her to watch. I also know her... she’ll either see both Clarke and Bellamy as justified or she’s going to be mad at Clarke.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like people just have to watch rather than building up thoughts and opinions in their mind before they’ve even seen it for themselves.
ICON
Old 07-12-2018, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

All I know is, I'm not giving up on Bellarke until the show ends, or one or both of them die.

(But I will keep expectations low just to feel better about myself).

Old 07-13-2018, 12:08 AM
New Fan

I finally saw the episode and it was just... aaaa urgh, I don't have proper words only thing I can remember clearly was that sexy smack I felt like if they were alone, Bellamy should just grab her hand and say that he loves her

Honestly, I thought about how can writers make them romantic duo in this situation and even if it feels really like "not the good time", there is one possibility. Probably there is a reason why they didn't have a propper conversation, maybe writers waited for these kind of situation and now, when they do talk to each other, they both be yelling at each other, crying, they will put all emotion out there and it will be exactly at that moment, when they will both feel so much vulnerable and "standing on the edge", that one of them (and my guess is that it will be... maybe even SHOULD be Bellamy) will break that tension and say that he loves her out loud...

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little chaos (View Post)
... He put his feelings for Clarke aside...
I think you are right in every word in this post except this part. He didn't put feelings aside completely, he wanted to save her too, but he was in the middle of terrible desicion - he can't keep safe everyone - "his" family, Madi, Clarke, Octavia... so he made a choice and in his own way, he really tryied to safe everyone. Including Clarke, including Madi and even Octavia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy4839 (View Post)
The only thing that really upset me is Clarke leaving Bellamy behind...
Quote:
But what I really don’t like that is that there are three people in the arena risking everything for her (Bellamy the most) so that she could live, but then she’s like, “Peace out! We’re going to take off, good luck fighting to the death because of stuff you did for me!”
I don't like it either, but it really reminded me about Bellamy and Pike's mess. And if you go back to the scene when Clarke was chained up and she was screeming on bellamy, it was exact same situation as with Bellamy back in the bunker. It doesn't feel good, but it didn't feel good back then either. But maybe, just maybe writers thought that it is best way to show changed "heart and head", to show, that they really can become the same, because now they can trully understand each other. And if they overcame S1-4, they can overcome this one too. Actually the more I think about it, the more I feel like I can't be really mad about Bellamy's choice to "use" Madi. He was the first one who made really huge sacrifice, he poisoned his own little sister. He really could have killed her. With Madi he really seemed to have faith, that Wonkru will follow her, so she will be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
I felt that Bellamy truly thought that she would be safe with the Flame (and that's why he freaked out when she didn't awaken immediately) and that it was still the best plan that they had, under the circumstances
Exactly! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Yeah, I think Spacekru's gonna be PISSED at her. And rightfully so. That's a member of their family she left behind there, and yes, even though that family would not have existed without Clarke being willing to sacrifice her life for them, the fact of the matter is that they became a family and a key member of that family is not coming back with her to the valley.
I just realized... even John was willing to stay for Abby writers really did a good job to make Clarke look like the worst in the world...

Last edited by LadyTomcat; 07-13-2018 at 01:04 AM
Old 07-13-2018, 01:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
All I know is, I'm not giving up on Bellarke until the show ends, or one or both of them die.

(But I will keep expectations low just to feel better about myself).

This is exactly how I feel, 100%

I cannot wait for the inevitable confrontation between Bellamy and Clarke. Whether this comes in the form of screaming, crying, anger, fight or in a quiet, calm conversation, I have no clue. I'd be for screaming and crying of course, because conflict and angst comes with a much bigger pay-off for me

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon