Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-14-2018, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I can see one of saying ILY during the fight, just not sure how I feel about it.

He's had some off writing this season with lines like "We don't have time for this" and now this family line. Be clearer writers!

It's a learning curve Sarah, to grow and change how you operate but don't revert right back to the old way of doing things. I think it's realistic for them to do things now the way they would have done them pre-S5. At least a little.

Not here for them all being angry at Clarke.

https://bellarkegifsdaily.tumblr.com...-still-serving
Old 07-14-2018, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)

It's a learning curve Sarah, to grow and change how you operate but don't revert right back to the old way of doing things. I think it's realistic for them to do things now the way they would have done them pre-S5. At least a little.
That's true, but I'm still frustrated to see that regression (in a sense) from both of them.

Have you guys read Selina's analysis of Bellamy/Clarke as individuals and their dynamic now vs. how it was in the past? It made me feel better because it certainly hit some crucial points on why they acted the way they did in this episode.

X

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 07-14-2018, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I think I’m here for Spacekru being mad at Clarke. I have sympathized with Clarke all season, but I’m not gonna coddle her or anything. I mean, if Bellamy deserved Clarke’s anger in 5x09, then why wouldn’t Clarke deserve Spacekru’s anger in upcoming episodes? Clarke views him as having endangered Madi. Now they’ll view her as having endangered him. It’s totally fair, IMO. You make questionable decisions, you face the consequences. Bellamy’s facing his consequences now, too.

And I disagree about the “family” line feeling off. Why should Bellamy be the only one getting blamed for being harsh in that scene? Sure, he could have said, “Clarke, you’re my family, too, but I have to protect my people in the valley,” but Clarke could have also said, “Bellamy, I want to protect your people, too, but I have to first and foremost protect Madi.” I mean, I don’t feel like I’m being unnecessarily harsh on Clarke for saying this. I’m still 50/50 about both of them here. I just think it’s important that if we say one person could have or should have done or said something different here, we also look at the flip side and think about what the other person could have or should have done or said, too.

Ultimately, even though they’re on different wavelengths right now, there are just so many strong parallels between them right now that this still fundamentally feels, to me, like a journey they’re on together.

Selina’s review is indeed great. Like always.
ICON
Old 07-14-2018, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I think their dialogue there was potentially written that way so they would have the wrong idea so whenever we do get their big fight/talk it can come up.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I think so too. I think all of this is leading up to a big blow out and they’ll finally discuss their feelings and communicate properly. I really think last episode was a set up for good things to come.

Also, I have decided I want Octavia and her hatred for Echo to blurt out to her that her brother’s in love with Clarke, lol. Echo is smart. She’ll hear Octavia, figure out she’s right and then step away from Bellamy, essentially doing the right thing.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’ve managed to lower my expectations to the point where I’m only envisioning a reconciliation between them at the end of the season, though like I always say, I’ll gladly accept being wrong, but I do hope it sets up well for season 6!
ICON
Old 07-14-2018, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I don't want it to happen that way Michelle (Is that your name?)

Regardless of anything else, we just need this season end well for them.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't want them to end the season at odds, that's for sure We still have 5 episodes left though, so tooooons of time for good stuff.

Old 07-14-2018, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

4 episodes left, Lisa. I wish it was 5.
ICON
Old 07-14-2018, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wishing it's a 16 episode season and not 13. I thought we just started this season and now we're half way there. I really hope they're not at odds which is why I want 16 episodes. But then again, I'm feeling confident about these two this season.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Oh, I think I’m here for Spacekru being mad at Clarke. I have sympathized with Clarke all season, but I’m not gonna coddle her or anything. I mean, if Bellamy deserved Clarke’s anger in 5x09, then why wouldn’t Clarke deserve Spacekru’s anger in upcoming episodes? Clarke views him as having endangered Madi. Now they’ll view her as having endangered him. It’s totally fair, IMO. You make questionable decisions, you face the consequences. Bellamy’s facing his consequences now, too.
Okay, I can agree with that.

Quote:
And I disagree about the “family” line feeling off. Why should Bellamy be the only one getting blamed for being harsh in that scene? Sure, he could have said, “Clarke, you’re my family, too, but I have to protect my people in the valley,” but Clarke could have also said, “Bellamy, I want to protect your people, too, but I have to first and foremost protect Madi.” I mean, I don’t feel like I’m being unnecessarily harsh on Clarke for saying this. I’m still 50/50 about both of them here. I just think it’s important that if we say one person could have or should have done or said something different here, we also look at the flip side and think about what the other person could have or should have done or said, too.
As I've said before, I feel for both of them this episode even though I'm also angry/upset at both of them. But the reason why I probably felt that Bellamy phrasing it that way was more important than how Clarke phrased her words is because, out of the two of them, the sense of abandonment is a LOT stronger for Clarke than it is for Bellamy. He has Echo and Spacekru, he may have lost Octavia (in his mind) but at least he has them. And I'm still annoyed that they were going to leave without telling her (or at least weren't considering her very much). So, that's why I feel like that "family" line made her feel even more of an outcast (even if Bellamy didn't intend it to sound that way). Bellamy knows that Clarke is focused on only protecting Madi because he knows that she's all she has had for 6 years. That's the main difference for me at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
I think their dialogue there was potentially written that way so they would have the wrong idea so whenever we do get their big fight/talk it can come up.
Good point, I don't know if we're giving the writers too much credit with this but I do hope that is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)

Also, I have decided I want Octavia and her hatred for Echo to blurt out to her that her brother’s in love with Clarke, lol. Echo is smart. She’ll hear Octavia, figure out she’s right and then step away from Bellamy, essentially doing the right thing.
I'm torn though, I want Bellamy to come to that realisation on his own and not because Echo stepped back and did the "work" for him essentially. I want Bellamy to actively choose Clarke. But given how the season's been going, hey I'll take it either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars Fade (View Post)
Wishing it's a 16 episode season and not 13. I thought we just started this season and now we're half way there. I really hope they're not at odds which is why I want 16 episodes. But then again, I'm feeling confident about these two this season.
This. I said it before but this is one of the seasons that NEEDS a 16 episode run so that everything isn't so rushed, especially the emotional aspects of the show. The action scenes are usually at the forefront especially towards the tail end of the season, so I'm worried that there won't be enough time for the talk to happen or if it does, whether it gets sufficient time to be effective.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 07-14-2018, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, Madi is all Clarke has had for 6 years, but Spacekru is all Bellamy has had for 6 years. Is it really so different? Yes, he’s had a few more people than her, but there still had to be a strong sense of social isolation.

I wouldn’t have minded 16 episodes for this season, either, I’ve decided.
ICON
Old 07-14-2018, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still feel like it's different ... Clarke did not have any adults to talk to/confide in (which is why her radio chats with Bellamy were SO crucial), Bellamy at least had his peers with him, even if he was still grieving over Clarke. And once they reunited, she still felt isolated from all of them whereas he was still preoccupied mostly with ensuring Spacekru's safety. And her and Bellamy were still dancing around each other, being cautious with each other (unconsciously) ... before all **** hit the fan and now their rift is worse than ever.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 07-15-2018, 02:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

This season definitely needed 16 episodes.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It's definitely different to me. Being with 6 other people your own age and being alone with a little kid are not =. Madi couldn't comfort Clarke or help her with certain things the way that having even Murphy there would have been. That family line had to have hurt and reinforced her abandonment issues.

Add me to the wish we had 16 episodes list.

https://bellarkegifsdaily.tumblr.com...earned-nothing