Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2015, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

I wasn't the biggest fan of the Griffin women in general for part of season 2. Clarke, I at least sort of got her frame of mind but I just didn't like the way Abby was as Chancellor once Clarke was back at Camp Jaha. As for Kane, it felt like he was Chancellor with him really being the one behind the truce with the Grounders even though Abby technically had the title. He didn't need the title to do what he thought was right.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 10-19-2015, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacatia (View Post)
It's funny how much Kane grew on me...I wasn't the hugest fan of Abby for a few episodes in season 2, but then later I think I was just misunderstanding her.
I never had anything against her. I wasn't sure about Kane in the first few episodes, but then he changed and I started liking him. And I like him even more when he's with Abby
Old 10-19-2015, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never disliked her so much as I wanted her to shut up a couple times But only because I was on Clarke's side in those situations/coming from Clarke's POV I think. But that was all washed out later

Old 10-22-2015, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

So in the hangman thread, I used a line that Abby said to Kane early on in season 2 which was basically that he was only chancellor b/c Jaha beat him to redemption by staying behind. Which, looking back on season 2 now, I find the line interesting b/c like I've said before I thought Kane really came into his own and started acting like the chancellor and protecting his people the way that a leader should once he handed the title over to Abby.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

So in the hangman thread, I used a line that Abby said to Kane early on in season 2 which was basically that he was only chancellor b/c Jaha beat him to redemption by staying behind. Which, looking back on season 2 now, I find the line interesting b/c like I've said before I thought Kane really came into his own and started acting like the chancellor and protecting his people the way that a leader should once he handed the title over to Abby.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

He's a favorite of mine! I thought Kane would be maniuplative, like he was on the Ark but he seems to be more down to earth (no pun intended) on the ground. I'm in the middle of s2 now via Netflix.

I also enjoyed Henry in Lost. He was my favorite character in that..."see you in another life, brother".
Old 11-14-2015, 01:48 AM
Master Fan

I loved Kane so much by the end of season 2. He's grown so much as a character from the pilot to the end of season 2.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, it's weird thinking I didn't use to like him at all...he grew on me SO much. I'm glad tbh.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

That's what good character development and acting will do.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly - he is such a good actor. Ugh, he infuriated me in the beginning. He seemed so smarmy and snivelly. But that changed really quickly. I hope he doesn't die

Old 11-16-2015, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

wait why would he die what are we talking about why?
Old 11-17-2015, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know my imagination gets carried away too frequently

Plus I feel like nobody is safe on this show except a couple

Old 11-19-2015, 09:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

I´ve finished S2 today and will post my thoughts in some other threads, but as promised first I´m back here. Still love Kane. Selfless to the end, great insight and for sure too little screen time in the second half of the season. And I think it´s good for him not to be the chancellor because it gives him more freedom to act.

I hope he´ll find someone good for that position because Abby just isn´t. Sorry, but I still don´t see anything likeable in her. I don´t know where you see improvement with her, for me she became worse from episode to episode. I already postet my opinion on her in S02E05 and she´s not getting better. Clarke is her property that has to be put in a golden cage and behave like she wants it. Good that Clarke wouldn´t have that. And then Kane has to point out to her, that she´s not better than Clarke (with a girder on his leg, that is) and she still tells Clarke they´re the good ones. IMO that´s already narcisstic traits. Even if I suppose that she really believes that there are no good ones in the end of S2 I only see a daughter (Clarke) who is more grown up than her mother (Abby).

And sorry shippers but I am happy that there were far less Kabby shipper moments in S2 than I expected and I hope that if there is romance at all for Kane he'll look for someone grown up and not as full of herself. It´s obvious who´d benefit most from a relationship when one of them is selfless (Kane) and the other one is selfish (Abby). I don´t need to see that.
I could imagine him with Indra. Right now they are both the second to an IMO childish leader...
Oh, and I could imagine that Clarke and him would make a good and interesting team (not couple!) if they work together.

Last edited by Okun; 11-19-2015 at 09:33 AM
Old 11-19-2015, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never would have even thought of Kane and Indra together, but that would certainly be a dynamic and interesting couple! Although I do feel like they would butt heads alot

I agree that him and Clarke would make a good and interesting team, I think they both have qualities that could offset the other person really well. Even though I've always had a BIT of a problem with a 17 year old running things

Old 11-21-2015, 02:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Kane and Indra: But that would be part of what would make them interesting and in the end they would always do what´s best for their people even if it´s not best for their relationship. But IMO they could also mend a lot between their people if they work together.

TBH to me his decision to let a teen run things by far makes more sense than to let Abby be chancellor. As I wrote before for me Clarke is definetely more grown up than Abby. And what´s important as well is that you can´t necessarily measure life experience in the number of ones age. The months the teens were alone on the planet weighs years of life experience on the Arc. And I think it was Octavias way of dealing with the grounders that showed Kane that the teens are by now far more experienced with surviving on earth and contact with the grounders then the grown ups are.