Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2018, 06:54 PM
Helioskru Treasurer

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

Yeah the free will aspect is important, the entire situation sucked but really - they should have started with the lottery. I think most (not all) people would have been way more on board with that, than some 18 year old girl sitting there writing their names down.

Lxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:55 PM
Commander of Death

I wonder if the writers gave Raven the line about Jake mostly to remind the audience that Clarke is doing the opposite of what Jake chose, and they just thought Raven was the best character to bring it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I can understand her being afraid of panic erupting and losing people to work on the ship but at the same time that means she's using them to ensure some of them get a chance to live. And as Jasper said, what about free will?
I agree with this Clarke lying about the number of people the Ark would hold was just plain deceitful and unfair to those who wouldn't have fit
Old 01-12-2018, 06:56 PM
Helioskru Treasurer

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

It could be, Marie. So maybe Lindsey could have delivered the line a little more...softly

Lxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:57 PM
VP of Helioskru

I think so too, Lisa

people would have been on board with that idea. And then in a month, they would have all complained why there was no doctor or not enough engineers or not enough girls or whatever. That's how people in groups operate.

I'm team Clarke regarding the logical aspect of needing to choose people wisely. There should have been a group of people deciding at least. And yay we have a council again
Old 01-12-2018, 07:05 PM
I'm Braven

Moderator of ...
Joseph Gordon-Levitt

If that was their plan, somebody forgot to tell Lindsey.

You with me? Always.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:41 AM
Graphics Team
President of Helioskru

Moderator of ...
Fan Art

I'm thinking the writers just wanted to show us all perspectives.
And TBH, I think sometimes it is a bit overlooked that on TV shows things have to be amplified?
They tried (and succeeded) to get the point across that Raven Really disapproved of this. By giving her an extremely harsh line.
But I think from a story telling perspective, that makes total sense.
The entire season is about the differences and wide range of different reactions people have to Praimfaya coming.

I DO agree that IF Raven is SO against it (which she clearly is), she could've also made the choice to speak up herself, right then and there. Instead of just telling off Clarke, she could've just jumped out right away and tell the truth.
But I don't know, I also kinda get that she didn't, out of loyalty to a friend (calling her out) and maybe a kind of loyalty to "her leader"? Clarke's been leading the SkaiKru for quite some time, people trust her.

Apart from the fact that she just lied and I think that people should have free choice, I'm most disgusted by the fact that by lying, Clarke basically recruiting the people who she's condemning to die to do the work on the ship so that the rest can survive

Last edited by girl under the floor; 01-13-2018 at 03:28 PM
girl under the floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:20 AM
I see you

Moderator of ...
The 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIcallYouKate (View Post)
The thing with Raven is weird. She is totally against everything Clarke (and Bellamy) decides and does but will not openly defy her. It's this weird mixture of loyalty and just I dunno crabbiness, so passive aggressive, and I am so not a fan of it
Yeah, honestly it surprised me that she wouldn't defy Clarke seeing as how against the plan she was (and considering that Monty did go down that route after he/Jasper found the list) ... but yeah, maybe some of it was out of loyalty.

It did come off as passive aggressive at times, but also I understand that maybe she was angry because this was Clarke's role and she still felt like it was down to Clarke to make the right call, at the end.

The lottery idea would have made more sense to me too, but then I felt like the fact that it was introduced only in 4X03 was because they NEEDED to have Clarke make that list (since it came in handy later on in the season).

More thoughts later, but absolutely love the discussion in here, guys.
Sarah | tumblr | icon thread
pretty lies is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top