Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2019, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
No problem, yup it’s definitely not a new occurrence. And regardless of Jason’s words at the start about “fans who want to see Bellarke together should read the books”, he’s also always said that it’s up to our interpretation (which is also why his recent comments are frustrating because now he’s telling us we are misinterpreting things ) and that “who knows? It might happen, just not the story we are telling now.” etc. So, he’s always been “playing the field” so to speak, which is agonising for shippers. He has to keep us on the line for ratings/attention to some extent, but also at some point, you have to make it canonically clear what the direction is. It isn’t fair to us otherwise.
Exactly. Is it possible he’s always had it planned that romantic Bellarke happens in the series finale (no sooner) and this entire time he’s been protecting this? Probably not. I think it’s just like you said... he’s playing the field. He might not care about this fandom but he’d have to care about money and ratings for a prequel or spinoff. I wonder if he realizes how many from the Bellarke fanbase will never watch anything with his name on it again if the Bellarke ending is disappointing?
Old 08-19-2019, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

@ their reaction. I haven’t kept up with them, but I enjoy getting to see those snippets.

Anyone watch Liam Duke? He has great reactions and a really good analysis for a first time viewer.
ICON
Old 08-19-2019, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Exactly. Is it possible he’s always had it planned that romantic Bellarke happens in the series finale (no sooner) and this entire time he’s been protecting this? Probably not. I think it’s just like you said... he’s playing the field. He might not care about this fandom but he’d have to care about money and ratings for a prequel or spinoff. I wonder if he realizes how many from the Bellarke fanbase will never watch anything with his name on it again if the Bellarke ending is disappointing?
Personally, for me, regardless of how this turns out, I’m never watching a show that Jason is heavily involved again. Too much trauma involved. I don’t even know what to hope for at this point, I’ll probably have a better idea once the first few episodes have aired. Probably Bellarke both being alive and happy, and a Becho breakup. I’m a simple person to please, now.

I’m not familiar with that reactor, April.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 08-19-2019, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think essentially, they didn't write this show for Bellarke and probably didn't know how popular it would get. I think it would be extremely naive for anyone to say that at least a couple of times over the course of the series, they've not found it amusing or entertaining to tease and bait the fans a little bit. There's a fine line between that though and just baiting for the sake of baiting/dragging fans along. I hope it's not the latter, but it's a real possibility. It's also quite possible they did plan Bellarke earlier at some point, and changed their minds. We'll probably never know. I just hope whatever they decide, feels right and makes sense.

And I hope next year they don't put things in the trailer that aren't in the season

Old 08-19-2019, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Personally, for me, regardless of how this turns out, I’m never watching a show that Jason is heavily involved again. Too much trauma involved. I don’t even know what to hope for at this point, I’ll probably have a better idea once the first few episodes have aired. Probably Bellarke both being alive and happy, and a Becho breakup. I’m a simple person to please, now.
I’d be fine with that scenario too. Yes, I’m not watching either. No way. 7 years of torture is enough.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Agree with you all. (Sorry I'm not being so wordy today. Not feeling great.)

If he tries to keep Bellarke from us and thinks we'll watch any type of 100 prequel/sequel show, he's dumber than Jason Mendoza!

Someone's gonna float if they do that to us again Lisa.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Clearly, Chuku also didn’t get the memo and saw the Bellarke chemistry like us delusional folk. Also, I like that he commented separately on Bellarke vs Beliza chemistry and wasn’t surprised about finding out about their marriage.

He really seems like a pretty cool dude, I don’t follow all the cast members now but I recently followed him on IG.

Agreed with you on the difference between Bob talking about Jason vs Aaron, April. You can see he really respects Aaron on a professional and personal level whereas he has a more complex relationship with Jason, putting it lightly.

No problem, yup it’s definitely not a new occurrence. And regardless of Jason’s words at the start about “fans who want to see Bellarke together should read the books”, he’s also always said that it’s up to our interpretation (which is also why his recent comments are frustrating because now he’s telling us we are misinterpreting things ) and that “who knows? It might happen, just not the story we are telling now.” etc. So, he’s always been “playing the field” so to speak, which is agonising for shippers. He has to keep us on the line for ratings/attention to some extent, but also at some point, you have to make it canonically clear what the direction is. It isn’t fair to us otherwise.

I was reading the old thread and I do agree with Kriza to some extent that Bob does need to be careful about his beef with Jason. I applaud his courage but openly having a feud with your boss online probably isn’t the best move ever. The unfollowing was just the start and then his retweet of Aaron’s tweet and now this. It seems to be escalating and it just may not show Bob in the best light, even if I get why he may be angry right now.

Jess, appreciate it if you could edit your posts if you want to add anything else in as FF doesn’t allow double posting. I’ve merged your posts this time, so it’s fine. Also, thanks for bringing over the interview! It’s a good read.

Bob liked this :

As much as certain quarters want to discount the representation that Bellarke brings to the table, it still represents queer and POC characters and that’s important.
Sorry I was posting quickly on my way to work and forgot about that until after I posted and then couldn’t figure out how to delete the second post.
May the road rise up to meet you; May the wind be always at your back; May the sun shine warm upon your face; May the rains fall soft upon your fields; And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little chaos (View Post)

Gutted I missed Lee the other day
😭😭😭 😍😍😍

Im rewatching the show and I just finished season 1 and I'm just sad cause I know everything that is gonna happen. And how they are gonna be separated for a long time. I JUST WANT THEM HAPPY.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Leeeeee. Same, rewatching season 1 always makes me nostalgic and miss younger!Bellarke.

Michelle ... the trauma is real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)
I think essentially, they didn't write this show for Bellarke and probably didn't know how popular it would get.

It's also quite possible they did plan Bellarke earlier at some point, and changed their minds. We'll probably never know. I just hope whatever they decide, feels right and makes sense.

And I hope next year they don't put things in the trailer that aren't in the season
Yup, they got so lucky with Bob and Eliza so that probably propelled the popularity of the ship even more. Bellarke is the best written relationship on the show, by far, so combined with that natural chemistry and connection between BE ... the show truly hit the jackpot and yet doesn’t cherish them enough.

Maybe. I also think that they didn’t expect Clexa to be so popular either so I wonder if that also changed things in the writers’ room. We will never know I guess, until the cast spills the tea after the show ends.

I’m still so angry about the line being included in the trailer and then being cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyloveau03 (View Post)
Sorry I was posting quickly on my way to work and forgot about that until after I posted and then couldn’t figure out how to delete the second post.
No worries. And you aren’t able to delete posts, only mods can.

Kate, let’s do try to stay away from referring to Jason or anyone else as “dumb” though, that is steering into bashing territory.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-20-2019, 04:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hey all, sorry to crash your thread (I’m not a shipper but not opposed either)—I stopped by because I was curious how that whole ridiculous argument about Bob’s tweet got started. I saw the tail end that bled over into the General discussion thread....

Anyway, I just wanted to comment that I suspect they’ve always planned for Bellamy and Clarke to end the show in a romantic relationship. Because for a while there they never knew if they’d get renewed or not, they wrote every season (except maybe S1) with the possibility of romance for these two, and then dialed back on that when they learned they were renewed. Thus the mixed messages and teasing/baiting from the show runners (which is not always cool but of course they don’t want to give away where things are headed). I bet you’ll all be happy with how next season turns out!

Last edited by BrooklynFan; 08-20-2019 at 04:59 AM
Old 08-20-2019, 05:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, Brooklyn! I love your optimism. It’s funny how some non-shippers are a lot more optimistic than actual shippers are. That’s cool that, even though you’re not a shipper, you’re not opposed, either. That’s how Amelia was back when I met her in the summer of 2017, and then she just fell into the trash can and never came back out.
ICON
Old 08-20-2019, 05:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks, April! I’ll keep a close eye out for trashcans!
Old 08-20-2019, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Nice to have you drop by Brooklyn. I don't agree with your post though because they write and film the seasons before they ever know about renewal.

https://lesbellamy.tumblr.com/post/1...-de-gr%C3%A2ce
Old 08-20-2019, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ That moment just makes me so WEAK. The way Clarke's face just crumbles into an obvious relief/happiness when she hears Bellamy's voice and that he's alive ... love it so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
Hey all, sorry to crash your thread (I’m not a shipper but not opposed either)—I stopped by because I was curious how that whole ridiculous argument about Bob’s tweet got started. I saw the tail end that bled over into the General discussion thread....

Anyway, I just wanted to comment that I suspect they’ve always planned for Bellamy and Clarke to end the show in a romantic relationship. Because for a while there they never knew if they’d get renewed or not, they wrote every season (except maybe S1) with the possibility of romance for these two, and then dialed back on that when they learned they were renewed. Thus the mixed messages and teasing/baiting from the show runners (which is not always cool but of course they don’t want to give away where things are headed). I bet you’ll all be happy with how next season turns out!
Hey, Brooklyn! Thanks for stopping by and no worries, glad to have you sharing your views even though you don't ship them, since you're being completely respectful about it.

I did too, but honestly now ... I'm not sure if that's the intention of TPTB now. We've been burned too many times before so yeah, it's funny like April said that it's amusing that (some) shippers have less faith in Bellarke being endgame compared to some antis/neutrals right now.

I do think that's a distinct possibility. Even if scripts have largely been written, there's always the likelihood that certain things end up being amplified/dialed down depending on the narrative at that point in time. Especially season 5, like we've discussed here before. The first half really did feel like it was leading somewhere ... and then didn't. And then, same with season 6, when the entire season was an ode to the extent of Bellamy's devotion to Clarke ... until 6X12. It's bizarre/jarring. Also, we know that Becho was supposed to have more scenes in season 6 (and more Echo backstory) but possibly due to the fan backlash, those were also cut down in the end.

And I love your optimism and certainly hope that you're right! (but also not keeping hopes TOO high either)

Also, just wanted your take as someone who is neutral on this, did you feel like the shippers were being baited in season 6, with the Bellarke scenes up until 6X11? Or that largely, those scenes can still be read as Bellamy focused on saving Clarke as his friend, but also motivated by his need to save his family/other people too?

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-20-2019, 09:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I agree with that Brooklyn. I feel like Jason was hoping to put Bellamy and Clarke in romantic relationship at the end of the series. So not knowing if the season would be renewed would explain why the two always had intimate moments at the end of each season (with the exception of 1, of course). Those moments would be easy to work in a kiss or confirmation of their relationship IF the show weren't to be renewed.

I know many people were disappointed it took a series for them to become romantic (assuming they do in the last season). But I personally thought it made their relationship the most unique and NOT cliche of all couples I've ever seen on TV. They were able to remain best friends, slowly falling in love, but only acting upon their romantic feelings when the timing was perfect for them to live out the rest of their lives in peace.

EDIT: Kate, I think they always know of the season renewal BEFORE the finale. So they could add in a kiss scene or something if they were told the series would be ending.

Bellamy ❤ Clarke