Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2019, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Ooh, eyesex for which season, Adie? (Hey, btw. )

Hi to you. Season 4. I haven't started S5 because we were stuck on another survivor back then.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, we can’t go wrong with a season 4 survivor, IMO.
ICON
Old 08-16-2019, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Well I guess if we do their eye sex as separate seasons, we can do a finale round with all of the winners afterwards.
Old 08-16-2019, 08:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
https://66.media.tumblr.com/eda0ed70e391ce67483b065c02412521/tumblr_oqkzciGJW71vp512oo1_500.gif

Sorry, but does a sibling/platonic guy touch his friend like that? Or does a girl react to the touch like Clarke did? If my guy friend I grew up with (we're talking sandbox time, we've known each other since we were little, in the single digits, age-wise) ever stroked my face like that, I would either think he lost his mind or I'd slap his hand away.

Love that moment so much.
S4? Nice find, it's signifiers like this that lead viewers to see their relationship as romantically coded. When I see these types of cues I feel a little more confident that Jason is doing what the Mentalist and Bones creators did, making a lot of noise about platonic friendship only to ultimately have the leads get together.

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 08-17-2019 at 08:02 AM
Old 08-16-2019, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Oh, one can only hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Well I guess if we do their eye sex as separate seasons, we can do a finale round with all of the winners afterwards.
Yeah! I believe that was the original plan . . . years ago.
ICON
Old 08-17-2019, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Agreed so much, Michelle. If my guy friends ever acted the same way as Bellamy does with Clarke, I would seriously have to rethink the status of the friendship, stat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallor8 (View Post)
S4? Nice find, it's signifiers like this that lead viewers to see their relationship as romantically coded. When I see these types of cues I feel a little more confident that Jason is doing what the Mentalist and Bones creators did, making a lot of noise about platonic friendship only to ultimately have the leads get together.
I certainly hope so. Though I really try to keep expectations low, as to not be ultimately crushed by the outcome of the series finale. The show really does a good job of raising your hopes for romantic!Bellarke in every season before the crushing disappointment of reality. Oh yes, both shows also teased their lead characters until the end, did they? I never watched either (apart from a smattering of Bones episodes at the beginning).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars Fade (View Post)
Do you mind if I say eyesex? I sent the gifs to someone long time ago. Sarah? I think? I still have the gifs on the computer just in case.
Adie. OMG, yes. I'm sorry, I'm so terrible and I totally lost track of it. Someone please yell at me if I haven't done it in two weeks.

Should we update our hiatus projects BTW? We were also thinking of video survivors and that might be faster to put together anyway?

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 08-17-2019 at 02:17 AM
Old 08-17-2019, 01:40 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
Oh yes, both shows also teased their lead characters until the end, did they? I never watched either (apart from a smattering of Bones episodes at the beginning).
Bones wasn't the very end (they get together in season 7), it ended up going much longer than the creators expected with 12 seasons. The Mentalist waited until the last season (7). Jane and Lisbon, both in terms of what the creators said and the things brought up within the fandom when they debated the relationship, are exactly like Bellamy and Clarke. I mean literally the exact same:

-Strong friendship where they were constantly saving the other in powerful emotional scenes
-Ambiguous teases but no overt romance
-Creator expounding on the virtues of platonic relationships in fiction
-Fandom back and forth like I see online for Bellarke.

I'm not saying the above really means anything about the likelihood for next season, just pointing out that creators don't always play it straight with their audience when talking about these things.
Old 08-17-2019, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I still say a video survivor would be difficult. We all have different taste in music, etc.

https://clarkgriffon.tumblr.com/post...gently-rocking
Old 08-17-2019, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Hugs!

The way we did a video survivor a few years ago was that we had a nomination period. Everyone nominated their favorite vids, and the ones that had the most nominations were selected. Then after that we ran it as a bracket system, with two facing off at a time. It ran pretty smoothly.

Oh, Sarah, I think I forgot to respond to you about Logan last year. Yeah, he had General Admission but wants to try for Eliza’s VIP this year. He’s a nice guy and has been a really positive member of the fandom, so I’ve got my fingers crossed for him.
ICON
Old 08-17-2019, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallor8 (View Post)
Bones wasn't the very end (they get together in season 7), it ended up going much longer than the creators expected with 12 seasons. The Mentalist waited until the last season (7). Jane and Lisbon, both in terms of what the creators said and the things brought up within the fandom when they debated the relationship, are exactly like Bellamy and Clarke. I mean literally the exact same:

-Strong friendship where they were constantly saving the other in powerful emotional scenes
-Ambiguous teases but no overt romance
-Creator expounding on the virtues of platonic relationships in fiction
-Fandom back and forth like I see online for Bellarke.

I'm not saying the above really means anything about the likelihood for next season, just pointing out that creators don't always play it straight with their audience when talking about these things.
Ahh, got it. Thanks. Yeah, by no means should we read into the similarities since each showrunner has their own end game and ending in mind ... BUT of course, I'm hoping that Jason and co do decide to go down the same route. More importantly, it needs to feel earned and fleshed out over the season if they do go there. I'll feel so jipped if it was rushed towards the end, we have waited SO LONG for this after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)

The way we did a video survivor a few years ago was that we had a nomination period. Everyone nominated their favorite vids, and the ones that had the most nominations were selected. Then after that we ran it as a bracket system, with two facing off at a time. It ran pretty smoothly.

Oh, Sarah, I think I forgot to respond to you about Logan last year. Yeah, he had General Admission but wants to try for Eliza’s VIP this year. He’s a nice guy and has been a really positive member of the fandom, so I’ve got my fingers crossed for him.
Yup, and it worked out nicely too, I thought. Let's just try to do it the same way this year, and if it doesn't work, we won't do it again next year? I do like keeping us busy with little projects like this since it's just the beginning of hiatus and feels agonising already, plus watching the videos always brings back the Bellarke feels even more.

Fingers crossed that he gets it this year then.

This edit ... amazing :

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-17-2019, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That’s beautiful!

I’m happy to build and keep track of the video bracket again. I just think I need to finish the 50th Clarke and 100th Bellamy thread stuff first.
ICON
Old 08-17-2019, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's great, thanks April. I've watched quite a few videos and have some favourites, but I'll have to watch some more for the survivor. What a chore.

I completely agree with this and no matter how this ends, no other pairing can come close to having Bellamy/Clarke's connection and bond ... and I love the term "emotionally intertwined":

Quote:
the thing is, Bellamy and Clarke are so emotionally intertwined.

even if they get everything else from a romantic partner…no one fulfills their emotional needs like each other.

Bellamy has shown over and over that Clarke is the only person he’s completely vulnerable with and Clarke has shown over and over that Bellamy is the only one that she relies on.

they support each other in a way no other character can touch. they lean on each other and complete each other in a way that no other character ever could.
Source

And on the Beliza front, how did we not notice this? It would have been really suspicious if we noticed them sharing the same beanie.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-17-2019, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh goodness, how did we not notice that? So many little clues in retrospect.

They are absolutely emotionally intertwined. That is a nice term for it.
ICON
Old 08-17-2019, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was so CLUELESS, granted I wasn't observing their interactions in too much detail because I didn't suspect a thing (and honestly thought Bob/Arryn were still together until like ... May ) but yeah ... in retrospect, there were many little signs that added up.

Another (sad) Bellarke parellel re the things they regret:

X

+ This is another pretty set :

X

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-17-2019, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie