Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2019, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think that popularity is a factor (though Bellarke is clearly the more popular of the two) but for sure, they both deserve true happiness and unfortunately, I don't think Echo is the right person for Bellamy and vice versa.

You made some good points, Michelle. Honestly, it's quite clear that Echo is just the barrier to Bellarke confessing feelings to each other. Because it's totally illogical if they were both single right now and Bellamy has risked literally EVERYTHING for Clarke, and not have it go there. I wouldn't be happy either if I shipped Becho because they've been given the shaft this season especially (at least, there was some focus on them last season ... now, they seem more like acquaintances instead of boyfriend/girlfriend) and Bellamy has been entirely focused on Clarke (and then Octavia, though to a lesser extent).

X

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 08-14-2019, 11:29 AM
Loyal Fan

X

Bellamy ❤ Clarke
Old 08-14-2019, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh, I like that set, particularly the first two gifs. Nice wording on them.

I try to be careful about saying things about how Becho fans and their feelings, because . . . well, I’m not a Becho fan, so I don’t really get to say how I would feel if I were them. But from my perspective as a Bellarke fan . . . hmm, yeah, it’s conflicting, because I’m relieved we didn’t have to deal with much Becho this season, and what was there was pretty unimportant and and didn’t pack an emotional punch. But that also makes it frustrating, because I just sit here wondering, why are they still together then? If this ship is going to have no effect on the storyline and isn’t going to propel either of the two characters involved in it forward, then why even have it exist? Just end it. Try letting Echo exist on her own. It’s almost guaranteed to be more well-received by viewers than putting them together in the first place was.
ICON
Old 08-14-2019, 02:45 PM
Loyal Fan

X

Bellamy ❤ Clarke
Old 08-14-2019, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

There should be a point in having any relationship on a show. Why bother wasting screen time that you could use for other things on it if there's no good reason for it? It's not like anything would be different with how Bellamy and Echo was portrayed this season if they were just good friends. Already named several ways in which the show in general would benefit from no more of them.

Old 08-14-2019, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Karina, unfortunately, the script is fake from what I understand.

Love the set you posted, Karina.

That art is so cute, Kate. I just saw it on Twitter too.

I’m not really making assumptions about how Becho fans would feel, I’m just thinking how I would if I were a fan and got those type of scenes.

I agree with you girls, that relationships and characters should be there to add something to the storyline ... otherwise, what’s the point of it? In Bellarke’s case, I just get annoyed when people try to undermine the relationship. Whether you ship it platonically or romantically, it’s an important relationship which has shaped the course of the show. Period. Clarke wouldn’t be who she is today if Bellamy wasn’t around, and vice versa. They’re strong people on their own but clearly, they’ve had significant impact on each other. And in turn, the storylines and plot lines in the show are also influenced by their relationship to a certain extent.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-14-2019, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that script has to be fake, right? Although, it was an Aaron episode, so who knows? Oh, Aaron.

Oh, yeah, Bellamy and Clarke’s relationship has clearly been the most defining one of the show. It’s had the biggest impact on both the characters and the plot. It’s around them that everything else revolves. I do have to admit that, after season 4, Jason had some good quotes about them and how it’s always been their story.

In contrast, if you take the Becho relationship out of the show this season, does anything change? No. The plots don’t change, and the characters’ arcs don’t change. Linctavia, Memori, and Clexa all have influenced the story in significant ways. (I definitely don’t have to like the ship to admit that.) Even smaller ships like Marper and Jasper/Maya have. But Becho . . . nope. I think it’s the most lackluster relationship they’ve ever written.

I agree with what some of you have said, how it’s nice to be able to discuss this in here freely and civilly.
ICON
Old 08-14-2019, 07:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Now i feel like an idiot lmao. It was from 4x10, so I thought it could be real.

Bellamy ❤ Clarke
Old 08-14-2019, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I do have to admit that, after season 4, Jason had some good quotes about them and how it’s always been their story.

In contrast, if you take the Becho relationship out of the show this season, does anything change? No. The plots don’t change, and the characters’ arcs don’t change. Linctavia, Memori, and Clexa all have influenced the story in significant ways. (I definitely don’t have to like the ship to admit that.) Even smaller ships like Marper and Jasper/Maya have. But Becho . . . nope. I think it’s the most lackluster relationship they’ve ever written.

I agree with what some of you have said, how it’s nice to be able to discuss this in here freely and civilly.
I do like that.

I just think that they’ve truly written them into a corner and don’t quite know what to do now. It served to create some drama between Bellamy and Octavia becsuse she wasn’t happy when she found out about Becho but that lasted what, a day. And also, a clear obstacle when it comes to Bellarke and as a means of showing Clarke’s reaction to Bellamy in a relationship (she never saw him with Gina, so).

Karina, don’t feel dumb. I honestly thought the same too when I first saw the script because it looks very legit. Not sure why someone would go to that trouble to deceive fans.

Blessed with more Beliza today, we love one supportive husband.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-14-2019, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Just end it and let Echo have a real chance with plot and friendships, etc. while Bellamy can move on from being the moon's worst boyfriend and save his sister and whatever else his S7 plot will be.

Just when we might be over our from one Beliza thing we get another it seems lately.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Just end it and let Echo have a real chance with plot and friendships, etc. while Bellamy can move on from being the moon's worst boyfriend and save his sister and whatever else his S7 plot will be.

Just when we might be over our from one Beliza thing we get another it seems lately.
Yes to all of that.

I feel like this is still us, two months after the announcement :

TV Guide continues stanning, love them.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-15-2019, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TV Guide just goes harder than any other news outlet, and I love it.

Have any other cast members posted pics in shirts yet? Seeing Bob in the sweatshirt really makes me wish I’d ordered the sweatshirt. Looks comfy. He’s such a proud husband, as he should be. I really hope he’s able to go visit the kids/the school with her in the not too distant future. I feel like he’d love it.

Also, I just have to say . . . I love how Eliza’s campaign utilizes “Together.”
ICON
Old 08-15-2019, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

All I've seen is Richard re-tweeting about her shirts.

https://ladyoldstones.tumblr.com/post/186845781205
Old 08-15-2019, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ That song is SO romantic, now that I've heard it in full ... in this Bellarke video:

Another new video (haven't watched it though) :

And same as Kate, April. The others haven't posted pictures of themselves in the shirt/hoodie yet. But I'm not surprised that her proud husband is the first one to. Love the amount of support they give to each other.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-15-2019, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I must say, there's only one season left - if for some crazy reason we do get romantic Bellarke, I hope that whatever way they do it is like, good for them and their story. Not something smashed together in the last 10 minutes.

(Although tbh, I'll take what I can get)