Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-13-2016, 05:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldara (View Post)
Yes, Indra and Bellamy might have spent some time together, but that in no means means they are friends. They many respect each other , but that has nothing to do with the relationship between Bellamy and Kane. I personally do not believe that Bellamy trusts any grounder. Even Lincoln. He might side with him and fight with him because of the person he is, but he would never trust him in the ways that he trusts Octavia and Clarke. He only semi trusts Lincoln because he has always done what is right, even if that means killing his own people. He has countless times defended Octavia; the most important person in Bellamy's life. With Indra, she has not once shown anything to Bellamy to make him trust her. Yes, she has fought with his side, but she has also left his people to die (ex. Lexa leaving people of the ark at MW) She will do what ever it takes to save her people, and if that means following Lexa, then she will do it. As they had said in the show. "He'd do anything for her. To protect her." This relates back to Lexa and Indra, Lexa is Heda, therefor Indra will follow her at any coast. Bellamy knows that so he will not trust her, let alone other grounders.
But yet, let's say he has no trust in Indra. Let's say these 3 months were full of only political talks at best. Would it be enough for him to want her dead just like that? Would it be enough for him to think of the grounders as monsters? That's earlier season 1 Bell, he grew out of it. He had two whole seasons of growing out of it, plus 3 months and three episodes and threw it all away over a minute. Yes, a minute, because that wasn't him a shot ago.
"Because I love you, you idiot!"
Old 02-13-2016, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

I agree that those things Combined would not have warranted Bellamy to killed Indra and the 300, I think that he is more mature and sensible then that. I thinks faults on the writers, with how Bellamy reacted with what Pike offered him.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
So very, very true. It's really annoying actually.

There is nothing conveyed on screen to make me believe that Bellamy has any kind of relationship with Indra that he would truly trust her. Cause I don't buy the whole, "Well Bellamy is closer to Kane who is friends with Indra ergo Bellamy is friends with Indra."
The best way for me to look at it is this...

Below Ana mentions, would all of this be enough for Bellamy to say screw her, she can die for all i care?? She's just collateral damage...?? Maybe in S1 but it doesnt make sense in S3... He knows how Octavia feels about Indra, he knows although she went with Lexa she also took in Octavia. They shared a bond which is more than anyone besides Lincoln has done for his sister... I just feel like it should be deeper than this surface level **** were getting...
Bel knows its her army, he knows she is leading them in peace.. It just seems such dumb sloppy writing to have him not know the clear difference between allies and the Ice Nation... Bel is smarter than they are giving him credit for... To be manipulated like that, i feel like there BETTER be a major payoff or whats the point... He was supposed to be a "hero" this season. But Jason also said the same about Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMack (View Post)
But yet, let's say he has no trust in Indra. Let's say these 3 months were full of only political talks at best. Would it be enough for him to want her dead just like that?

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 02-13-2016, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
Bel knows its her army, he knows she is leading them in peace.. It just seems such dumb sloppy writing to have him not know the clear difference between allies and the Ice Nation...
Its very sloppy writing, it totally out of character from what Bellamy has stood for since mid season 1. It's been shown that he cares if he kills. When he was in MW he basically pleaded to try to save the innocent people. Yes he was upset that he had lost many of the people that he cared about, but that IN NO WAY would make him act so recklessly, and kill 300 people sent to protect him and the survivors of the ark.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:15 PM
Passionate Fan

I do believe Bellamy could eventually go there. He would be able to eventually see all grounders as monsters again given the time for that frustration to boil. Had they kept the pace of 3x04's first half, it would be understandable that he would go with Pike. Except they hadn't. They rushed it out of nowhere. As a person on twitter has said: it's not that he made that choice that is off, but how.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

I dont know, the whole situation has made me weary. Whether that be the writing or the way things were portrayed. I just hope they redeem Bellamy in the upcoming episodes. Hopefully when and if he sees Clarke again she will knock some sense into that hollow head of his atm..

Old 02-13-2016, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I do believe Bellamy could eventually go there. He would be able to eventually see all grounders as monsters again given the time for that frustration to boil. Had they kept the pace of 3x04's first half, it would be understandable that he would go with Pike. Except they hadn't. They rushed it out of nowhere. As a person on twitter has said: it's not that he made that choice that is off, but how.
Yes, I agree with this completely!

I still remain hopeful, albeit frustrated, right now. The storyline has the potential to be interesting if it's done right in terms of pacing and plotting. If the aftermath of this disastrous chain of events is explored well, it could still be quite intriguing.
ICON
Old 02-13-2016, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

My only real problem is that people are now discouraged to watch the show. I've talked to countless people that will not continue watching because of this episode, because they believe it has gone bad. Myself, I will always watch the show. There is time for redeeming, but others might not feel the same. I think there is still time for people to be "saved". If we were all to give up on characters if they had a bad episode, then literally 2 people would still be watching the show.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Yes, I agree with this completely!

I still remain hopeful, albeit frustrated, right now. The storyline has the potential to be interesting if it's done right in terms of pacing and plotting. If the aftermath of this disastrous chain of events is explored well, it could still be quite intriguing.
It can. Once we ignore 3x04's second half, we can actually enjoy this storyline. It will be great to see Bellamy's "what have I done" or even his anger prior to that. It's better than the episode's other off things in that sense. It's not like we can relive Nia or take back that nightblood xmen leaders trash...
Old 02-13-2016, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It will be great to see Bellamy's "what have I done"
Yeah, if this is good, then it'll be worth it to me.
ICON
Old 02-13-2016, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

It needs to be Thursday! With Bellamy supposedly hitting rock bottom, he can only go up. Im excited to see it. Its also been passed around that Bellamy and Clarke will be having some scenes so that will be great aswell! Yes, this episode is definitely not one of the best, but in a show so great. I think 1 or 2 crap episodes can be handled. If they redeem them right.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think 1 or 2 crap episodes can be handled. If they redeem them right.
That's true! And a good way to look at it.
ICON
Old 02-13-2016, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

It's just sad that people now think the show is crap because of this one episode. Yes, this episode was badly written. But arnt yall forgetting about every other amazing episode Like COME ON. The shows great.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldara (View Post)
It needs to be Thursday! With Bellamy supposedly hitting rock bottom, he can only go up. Im excited to see it. Its also been passed around that Bellamy and Clarke will be having some scenes so that will be great aswell! Yes, this episode is definitely not one of the best, but in a show so great. I think 1 or 2 crap episodes can be handled. If they redeem them right.
And yet... Is it? I mean, we barely got him griefing, then he immediately pulled a Finn, then he immeadiately regrets it, 'cause wife's back in town, then we're back to normal Bell? Heck, I thought we were gonna have half a season of Bellamy on a downfall... I was truly excited for that... Three episodes of him falling, three of hitting bottom, three of regret.

Anyway, I got to see the fan reaction video Jason approved
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOHo...ature=youtu.be
So basically the guy does anything but react... It's all "yeah, ok" "lexa is a badass" "ok" "ok" "wtf bellamy" "ok" oh, look, she killed the ice queen" "ok" "ok" "no kiss?" "yeah, dude, badass episode, best so far!" Of course Jason liked it, he baarely reacts and haven't questioned the narrative choices once...
Old 02-13-2016, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

It was all rushed, yes. But I think it would be better to hope that everything will get better. This is one of the first times that people have truly hated a episode. 31 great episodes vs 1 crap one. It doesn't really seem all that unreasonable. Theres no where to go but up!