Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-20-2016, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

I'm loving all these pictures, and that gif set

Old 02-20-2016, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Geez, now I lowkey want Bellamy and Clarke to have their own room like Lincoln and Octavia

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 02-20-2016, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too!

Charlie does write good Bellarke scenes, doesn't he? So does Jason.

There was another writer though - what was his name? David something? He wrote good ones too I think. I think he left the show though?

Old 02-20-2016, 05:02 PM
Master Fan

^^Akela Anderson was also a big Bellarke fan but she left the show.

Aaron Ginsburg is a good writer too and usually do justice to the Bellarke relationship.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 02-20-2016, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think maybe I was thinking of Bruce Miller?? But now I can't remember why

Old 02-20-2016, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

<3

Old 02-20-2016, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
When we met Bellamy in season one, he was angry, defensive, protective of his sister, and trying very hard not to be put to death—both on the ship to Earth and once they landed. The threats and circumstances may be different, but his reactions stay consistent.

If you look at Bellamy from the point of view that he’s been protecting his sister his entire life and that he’s lived his life on the defensive and pretty much without any kind of hope, everything from his sudden desire to lead once they land to his willingness to go out and kill Grounders makes sense. He’s either defending his sister or himself, which just means he’s staying alive to protect her.
Hope, happiness, the idea that anything can be different or that people aren’t just out for themselves—these aren’t things he considers, because he’s been raised in a world in which his sister could be killed just for existing.

Until Clarke Griffin.

Once Clarke Griffin becomes, well, Clarke (and all that entails), Bellamy starts to see something else as possible. He sees someone who sacrifices, who thinks about others, who cares about more than her own survival. He sees … hope.

He also fell in love with her. Not the romantic, heart-fluttery, sexual-attraction thing that we’re so used to in stories like this. Nope, Bellamy fell in love with Clarke Griffin in the most idealistic way possible. He fell in love with her vision of humanity and with the possibility she sees in him. Clarke saw Bellamy as a potential hero and leader to their people and, once Bellamy saw himself through her eyes, that’s exactly who he wanted to be.
| EW Community | EW.com

I would advise you to read the entire article. Jason retweetet it just now. It's amazing.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 02-20-2016, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

I think the thing I love the most about them, also something that they pointed out in the artical; is that they are not the basic, "boy falls in love with girl, they get married and lived happily ever after" It's genuine love, they love each other in ways that no one else see's. They love the person they make each other. From the moment Clarke saw that Bellamy couldn't mercy kill Atom in the woods, she has always seen the absolute best in him. Even when he does stupid things and gets people killed. She still sees who he is, rather then what he has done.

Old 02-20-2016, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

There is one thing that bothers me though about that article is that it's putting almost all the blame on Clarke. Basically whatever Bellamy does is Clarke's fault. I don't like that.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 02-20-2016, 06:03 PM
Elite Fan

Its definitely not all Clarke's fault, Bellamy was reckless before he knew Clarke, yes she might have has a small part in making him get to this point but that doesn't mean it is purely her fault. He has other things hanging on his head other then her.

1. He told Octavia to go to the party, resulting in His mothers floating

2. He got to Raven when she first landed and ruined the radio resulting in the culling of 320 people.

3. He shot the Chancellor to go to the ground with Octavia.

Yes, he did them all with love, but they were still extremely reckless.

Old 02-20-2016, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Also, Chelsey (Harper) tweeted during the Bellarke scene.

by the way, I don't know about you guys but I don't remember what it feels like to have Clarke and Bellamy reunited during an entire episode.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy

Last edited by Maud&Danny; 02-20-2016 at 06:28 PM
Old 02-20-2016, 07:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Okay, finally got around to reading Natalie Crown’s review and then saw the EW review so had to read that too. I have some thoughts. Warning: This is going to be loooong.

First, let’s look at what Ms. Crown had to say:

Quote:
Why do you get to decide it’s over? OKAY, SO REMEMBER WHEN I MENTIONED MY IMPORTANT NOTE ABOVE? I AM GOING BACK TO IT NOW. I think Bellamy has been battling his resentment for Clarke ever since she left. I think every little moment between them where she has asked, and he has given, has been playing in his mind since she left. Because he’s been asking himself over and over, why didn’t she stay when I asked her too? And the only answer he could come to must have been, because I am NOT to her what she IS to me (</3). But then 3x02 comes around and all of his instinctive reactions to CLARKEEEEEEEE come flooding back and he’s like okay, okay, okay. And then she stays in Polis in 3x03 and it just BREAKS him. All of those doubts? All of those fears? I truly wonder if Bellamy is now questioning their entire relationship. I truly wonder if Bellamy believes he only matters to Clarke in terms of how best she can use him. *takes a break to cry*
It’s like she took the words right out of my mouth. The bolded breaks my heart. That feeling that you aren’t as important to someone as they are to you? Absolutely heartbreaking. Especially in looking at who Bellamy was, has become and how he is attempting to reconcile these different versions of himself.

This is where EW hits the nail on the head:

Quote:
Hope, happiness, the idea that anything can be different or that people aren’t just out for themselves—these aren’t things he considers, because he’s been raised in a world in which his sister could be killed just for existing.

Until Clarke Griffin.

Once Clarke Griffin becomes, well, Clarke (and all that entails), Bellamy starts to see something else as possible. He sees someone who sacrifices, who thinks about others, who cares about more than her own survival. He sees … hope.

He also fell in love with her. Not the romantic, heart-fluttery, sexual-attraction thing that we’re so used to in stories like this. Nope, Bellamy fell in love with Clarke Griffin in the most idealistic way possible. He fell in love with her vision of humanity and with the possibility she sees in him. Clarke saw Bellamy as a potential hero and leader to their people and, once Bellamy saw himself through her eyes, that’s exactly who he wanted to be.
This is just about the epitome of courtly love - an ennobling love. Take note of the bolded, Bellamy had no hope in a world in which his sister would be killed simply for existing. It’s no wonder he’s jaded. But then there was Clarke Griffin who made him believe he could be more. Gave him hope in a world and in himself.

Bellamy was a man with a good heart, a huge heart. But circumstances in life kept working to beat him down. He’d gotten to a point of internalizing the starkness of his realty and accepting that in order to survive he had to be something he wasn’t proud of. But what did that matter in a world so bleak?

But then he allows himself to believe in Clarke’s belief in him and so comes to believe in himself. It’s a shaky, fragile belief, but it’s there. Unfortunately, Clarke didn’t understand Bellamy’s vulnerability (more on that in a bit) and so she left him. SHE LEFT HIM.

Back to EW:

Quote:
And then Clarke Griffin turned around and left.

Right after they’d saved their people. Right after he’d shown her just how much he loved her and trusted her and how he’d do anything for her, Clarke took on the burden of Mt. Weather as completely hers …and then she walked away.

Leaving Bellamy.

Not just leaving, but leaving after he killed people for her. After he trusted her with his sister. After he fought to be everything she saw him to be. After making him feel … hope.

She left. Can you imagine that?

You build your new life on a new world with a new vision and a new identity, and the person you did all of those things for leaves? After you get your heart that broken. After you put yourself so far out there. After you walk out onto that tightrope and then someone cuts that rope.
No wonder Bellamy has shifted back to his grim outlook on life. Clarke had been the one to give him hope and confidence in himself. He was building his new sense of self around her ideals and hoping he could actually be the man she believed him to be. Then she left. And that hurt. But then she refuses to come back and instead sides with the woman who betrayed them, forcing them to commit genocide. Forcing him to again become the monster Clarke had once convinced him he wasn’t. That compounds the pain of her leaving in a way nothing else can.

Now back to Clarke failing to understand Bellamy’s vulnerability. Going to reference another bit from Natalie Crown:

Quote:
Clarke is speechless for so many reasons. I honestly don’t think she thought about the pain she would put Bellamy through, because he was so solid, so supportive that she 100% thought he would be okay. I think she thought that Bellamy was STRONGER THAN SHE IS. How incredible is that? Seeing his pain, hearing his anger….it must feel like her heart is being ripped out of her chest.

Clarke’s 'I’m sorry’ is 100% genuine, and follows on from what I said above. I really don’t think she considered this. And maybe, MAYBE, she didn’t realise just how important she had become to Bellamy on a core level. 'But I knew I could because they had you’ really backs this up. I really do think she means this.
I hadn’t really considered this before, but it’s very significant that Clarke had underestimated how important she was to Bellamy. She knew what he meant to her - that he was her rock and the one person on Earth she could truly count on. It hadn’t occurred to her that he may crumble without her because she just truly believed he was that strong. That’s an amazing belief.

So while Bellamy’s love for Clarke is this ennobling love. It’s something that makes him a better man as she gives him an ideal to aspire to. As he’s continually striving to be the man she believes him to be and always deserving of her faith in him, as he’s climbing that mountain she already sees him on the top. She admires his strength and it’s something she strives to attain in herself. In a very real way they each make the other want to be a better person - to be good enough for the other.

And so this fight was crucial. It stripped them both down and forced them to reveal their truly raw emotions. They were finally honest in a way we haven’t seen them be since Day Trip. While I absolutely love the faith each has had in the other it was a bit detrimental. They each worked so hard to live up to the ideal version of themselves which the other saw that they no longer allowed themselves to be vulnerable to the other. They no longer recognize the other’s need.

Bellamy has never actually told Clarke he needs her. Certainly not because it’s not true. He definitely needs her and no doubt in my mind that he knows he needs her. But I don’t think he ever thought he needed to tell her that. He has spent a life time holding everything in. She was the first person he ever truly opened up to. For him that act alone should have told Clarke all she needed to know. But unfortunately it didn’t. While she certainly appreciated and understood the significance of his opening up to her she didn’t see it as his way of saying, “I need you too.” I believe after their fight though that Clarke finally sees just what she means to Bellamy. She’s not going to take this for granted again.

And though Clarke has acknowledged her need of Bellamy multiple times - both to him as well as others - he’s lost the belief that she means it. She needs him to believe it again. And he needs to believe it again.

They’ve each slowly been breaking without the other for some time. This fight was the last straw. It broke them down completely and I am so excited to see what they now rebuild which will inevitably be stronger than before.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, that was loonggg. But It was all true
Quote:
because I am NOT to her what she IS to me
I hate this, I hate this because it rings so true. She might not even mean it but, It looks that way. She goes to him for help. For awhile it seemed one sided (at least from their point of view) All Bellamy knows is what she says, when they were reunited in Polis, all he saw was that she refused to come back to Arkadia, even after he basically begged her. He didn't see her trying to hold back her emotions when he turned away and left. The biggest problem in this relationship, IMO, is that things are far to commonly left unsaid; That is until 3.05. Before they had to guess what they other one was feeling far to often.
Quote:
But then he allows himself to believe in Clarke’s belief in him and so comes to believe in himself. It’s a shaky, fragile belief, but it’s there. Unfortunately, Clarke didn’t understand Bellamy’s vulnerability (more on that in a bit) and so she left him. SHE LEFT HIM.
This breaks my heart, because it is 100% true. He has changed, she has changed him. She made him see that he is not the worst parts of himself. She made him see all the good he could do. She became the person that knew him better then he knew himself, but then she left. The person that he had depended on knowing how he was feeling, left. She was gone and left him to deal on his own. She was being completely selfish, she left because SHE, couldn't stand seeing her people after what she did. But she never stopped to think about what it had done to him, what it all had done to him. She might not have known how much she meaned to him, but should have never left him alone to deal with it all alone.

I am also excited to see how their relationship builds up from here. It was broken down to dusk. They said everything they had been thinking. They might not have said it out loud but after that scene they both know how much they mean to each other. They are like a Phoenix, they will rise from the ashes and be breath taking if given the time.

AAR:

I just had to add this, its perfect!

Last edited by Leelith; 02-20-2016 at 10:09 PM
Old 02-20-2016, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I don't like the insinuation that Clarke would owe him anything because of what he did for her (unless I misinterpreted that part). The thing I like about their relationship, is that they have always been equals. That's why the moment in MW was so powerful - because it of course made sense that they would do it together. He did it for her yes, but so she wouldn't have to do it alone. They both did it for their people. But mostly he did it because that's who he is. And that's who they are together.

I still think Clarke had a right to leave camp if she wanted to, even though I think it was selfish only in the way that we've discussed before - all the other people weren't exactly going to forget what happened in MW, so her bearing anything alone never made much sense to me. And clearly it was the worst thing for Bellamy. And she did not realise it. But he's also not her responsibility, that's the thing. And I think they made it very clear in this week's episode that she hadn't realised it, until Bellamy explained himself to her. He could still be furious with her about TonDC but he wasn't. You could see the look of surprise on her face as she was thinking about these things/listening to him, and you could see that she was genuinely sorry.

I'm really interested to see their relationship moving forward, ESPECIALLY after this conversation. When have we ever heard him open up to her that much, any time recently? It's been ages.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

The only other time he has ever truly said what he was feeling was way back in 1.08. Even that scene tho has no comparison to what he let out recently in 3.05

I do agree that she was genuinely sorry for what she had done. I think if she knew what she meant to Bellamy she would have not left, IMO.

They do not owe each other anything, they are there for each other because they care for each other, not for a future IOU or so they can do a favor for the other in the future.