Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2018, 12:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Awesome, Susan! Thanks for sharing with us Hopefully today continues to be a wonderful experience for you
Old 04-22-2018, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, can’t wait to hear Susan’s account of day 2.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 04-23-2018, 08:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

So sorry for the late update everyone, it was late when I got home last night from Melbourne that I needed to just relax before work the next morning. It's already late again tonight, but finally finished writing this up and had to post it.

So continuing with my weekend, after the panel, I went to buy some tokens for autographs for each of them and then had some breakfast/lunch. When I was eating lunch, I felt a little nauseous and I think it was because I was so nervous that I will soon be talking to them both. After eating we made our way to the autograph tables and joined the queue.
I went to Lindsey’s queue first as it was shorter. But her and Bob were still at the photo ops as they took a little longer, which was understandable and not surprising.
One thing I forgot to mention, when Bob came out to the stage for the Panel, I thought he looked quite young. I’m not sure if it was the clean shaven face or he just looks naturally younger or both.
Anyway, when they came back from photos (Bob came back first), luckily for me both Lindsey and Bob were set up next to each other, so I could listen to Bob with other fans while waiting for Lindsey. He is so beautiful in person, seriously! Of course I thought he was good looking already, but definitely more so in real life. He was fanning himself once he came back, which made sense, because of constantly standing under photo studio lights for a long period and it was also a small inclosed photo area, where the rest of us couldn’t see the photos being taken.
Bob’s girlfriend’s signing was set up on his other side and she was already there when he came back. They talked to each other for a little, and sharing some laughs. They are both less tall than I imagined. But definitely not a bad thing, because it’s nice to have people near my height.
I was the second person in the queue for this autograph session with Lindsey. She’s intimidatingly pretty lol. She’s super sweet too. And to all who don't live in the U.S., definitely had an American accent. Anyway, we said to each other ‘Hey how are you’. I can’t recall all the exact words she said, but I asked her if this was her first time in Australia and she said yes it was. I asked if it’s just Melbourne she has been too, which it was. Then I asked her what Latin American background she is from. She said she was half of Mexican/Spanish. And I said, the reason I asked because I was born in El Salvador and moved to Australia when I was little. I asked her if she spoke Spanish, she was pretty much saying no she doesn’t and in Spanish she said, ‘a little’, and then I replied to her in Spanish, ‘me too’. And she replied something like ‘eyyyy’, knowing that she understood what I said and happy that we had that in common or something to that effect. After that I just said it was great to meet her and that was it. My other question that I was going to ask her about Raven and Clarke S5 went out the window lol. I completely forgot about it. I’m sad that I did.

After meeting Lindsey, I went to queue up in Bob’s line. By that time, his line was huge. It probably took over 40mins for my turn. But to be quite honest, I didn’t care. His long line was sort of in a tight loop, meaning it came back around to his table, so when I got close to his table but still back of the line, I was able to hear him talking to fans. I also think, besides him being Bob, the fact that his line is longer is because he talks a bit longer with his fans. I’m not saying Lindsey doesn’t, because she definitely engages well with her fans, but Bob probably takes just that bit more time with each person. When I have been standing in close range of his table, he asks fans if they had any questions to ask him. So if the fans are too nervous or shy to say much, he makes the effort to engage with them and make them more comfortable. If I wasn’t a fan of this man before, I definitely am now.
I should also mention that in this convention, the workers/helpers there, ask us if we want a personalised autograph, and they write the correct spelling of our name on little post-its and have us hold on to it, to then give it to them at the table so Bob or Lindsey can include it in the autograph. When it came to my turn, I got to shake his hand. I know you lucky fans that have met him already got to have a hug, but I was still very happy to at least shake his nice hand. I told him that I was from Adelaide (South Australia), and he asked where in Adelaide, but then he said, ‘I don’t know why I asked that’ lol. Because he knows he doesn’t know where all the places in Adelaide is. I asked if he has been there before and he said he went there back in 2008 to shoot a film. I asked which one, and he said Road Train. And I said, oh really, cool. He said it was a whacky little film lol and I said, yeah I have seen bits of it, and mentioned that he was a bit whacky in it. I don’t know if I had put my foot in it, but I said it in a joking way, but he was genuinely smiling so I think he was ok. Anyway, then my boyfriend asked if he followed the Cricket (popular Aussie sport, also played in England and other selected countries) at all. Bob said he hasn’t been following it in a while but he does know about the recent news of the ball tampering that happened in one of the matches. We all agreed that it was silly that they made a whole big commotion over it when other countries have been caught doing the same thing in the past. Anyway, won’t bore you guys with Cricket stuff lol. But during that talk, the convention helper interrupted and kindly said we needed to finish it there or something. So then we said our goodbyes and thank yous. I noticed as well when talking to him that his freckles were more prominent and I loved it. It’s one of his best features.

The second day of Supanova I didn’t really see them as much as I didn’t buy anymore autographs. But I saw glimpses of them signing and I basically visited stalls all over and browsed at other convention stuff on this day. I heard the photo sessions were quite fast paced. Very few second moments where you get in, say hi, make your pose and then its goodbye. I don’t know if it’s like that at every convention, which is totally understandable. But I think this one was restrictive. They even put a sign saying, ‘no hugs’, even though I know there was hugs lol. I think fans just ask anyways and Bob and Lindsey are happy to give hugs so the workers just have to accept it. Anyway, I think it’s awesome that fans got to have photos with Bob and/or Lindsey to remember the occasion of having met them. Both Bob and Lindsey were very busy both days and I’m so very grateful that they got to be there.

Sorry if this was very descriptive unnecessarily.
It was a great weekend, and having this experience has made me considered going to another one again in the future. Talking to them is my favourite part, even though it makes me so nervous. I love the panels as well. And maybe next time I will buy photo ops with some of them.
I also understand how some of you feel after a convention, where you get sad. Even though I didn't spend a lot of time with them, I felt sad to have it be over and not see them again until God knows when.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Such a great account of your experience, Susan. Thanks for sharing that with us! I've definitely heard that Bob spends a lot of time with each fan, and I think that is just so lovely. And I love that you got to speak a bit of Spanish with Lindsey. Very cool! And I'm sorry that you didn't get to ask your Clarke/Raven question but hey, incentive to go to another convention soon (hopefully).

Everyone seems to get convention fever after meeting this lovely cast ... I'm sure that you'll have a chance to go to one again.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 04-23-2018, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the write-up, Susan! I enjoyed reading it, and I’m really glad you had such a nice time! It’s so good that you decided to go.

Agree, Bob looks so boyish and young in real life. I saw him with facial hair, so I’m sure he looks even younger without it. And yes, he’s definitely one who likes to talk a lot with his fans. He has that positive reputation. His line at Conaggedon was always very long, too.

Aww, so cool that you spoke Spanish with Lindsey! And yes, she’s sooooo pretty! But just so down to earth, too, don’t you think?

So you didn’t get photos with them then? The photo ops definitely go fast at any convention, but I think especially at these bigger ones where there are many celebrity guests to get in and out of there.
ICON
Old 04-23-2018, 04:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for sharing, Susan! That's great that they both took the time to chat with you for a bit

I can't believe the con put up a no hugs sign! That seems like it should have been left up to what each individual actor was comfortable with
Old 04-23-2018, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for sharing Susan! And yes, I find celebrities are almost shorter in real life, it freaks me out

Old 04-24-2018, 02:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments!

Yes Sarah, I'm definitely bummed I didn't get to ask that Clarke/Raven question to Lindsey. Oh well, maybe my first convention can be a practice run. So that my mind is all there next time. But yes, I loved that I could speak to Lindsey in Spanish!

Lindsey is definitely so down to earth. She was too cute at the panel. So talkative and vibrant. I don't know why I felt intimidated by her beauty, but she was genuinely very sweet when I spoke to her.
I wish the panel could go online so you guys could hear me ask my question.

No photos with them April. I considered one with both Bob and Lindsey together, but hearing that it felt like a production line, I would probably stuff it up and just stand awkwardly with them because I felt like I needed to rush. I have to be reasonable though and understand why it has to go fast. I'm glad though that other fans were confident to ask what they wanted, even if it felt rushed. But definitely if there is a next time, I will have a photo op with some of the cast.

I honestly don't know why they put that 'no hugs' sign at the photo area. Maybe it was for certain other guests who didn't want hugs and I just assumed it was for every guest star.

Yeah it's weird how some people tend to be shorter than imagined Lisa. But it's good.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Vibrant is a good word for Lindsey.

Hmm, yeah, the No Higs Sign is a little weird (what are you supposed to do, stand shoulder to shoulder in a photo?) But it’s probably for other guests and not so much for Bob and Lindsey.
ICON
Old 04-24-2018, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for your great write up Susan

If you do a photo OP next time, I can only recommend to ask for a hug ... I like my hug photos the most ... and my funny one with the Harmons of course

After getting autographs from 9 cast members since last year, I must say, that nobody could compare to Ricky's hugs and cheek kisses ... his autograph sessions are by far the best

Tasya was also very sweet ... she did a handhold with both hands with the fans for a moment and everyone got a big smile from her

Nadia hugged everyone at her photo OP before the photo was made ... because I've asked her for a hug for the photo, I could hug her twice in a row

Seems like Lindsey is a very nice person ... I hope that I can meet her too, someday
Old 04-24-2018, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think you’ll meet Lindsey, Sonja. And Eliza.

Richard is now the one I want to meet most (besides Bob AGAIN, because I’m always wanting to spend time with Bob).
ICON
Old 04-24-2018, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

If I could make a wishlist for the con next year and could pic 8 guests, I would choose

Bob, Eliza, Lindsey, Ricky, Zach, Chai, Ian and Sachin of course ... no BeerKru meeting without the BeerKru Leader
Old 04-24-2018, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder what Conaggedon is going to bump it up to. 5 was a nice, not too overwhelming number. But more guests means more VIP options, which means hopefully fewer people clamoring for my precious Bob VIP. (Found out yesterday that they did end up selling out of all the Bob and Eliza VIPs. Oh, also, sounds like they plan on having both Bob and Eliza back. And Zach, of course.)

I would just faint if they got Richard, too.
ICON
Old 04-24-2018, 03:42 PM
Master Fan

I think you have to be fast to get a VIP ticket for Conageddon next year April
Now everybody knows what a special Con it is ... the Ticket demand will be much bigger than this year
Old 04-24-2018, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, that’s why I check multiple times per day. Hopefully they do the tickets during the summer when I’m not at work.
ICON