Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2018, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

It's nice to see people being reasonable with their dislike for Echo as a character and that they don't automatically dislike her for reasons we already know
Old 06-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Surprised we got a Gina reference.

Yay for Monty getting to do tech stuff again.

We saw Memori Mark.

Gaia wants to help?! I don't 100% buy it.

Last edited by BlueDog9; 06-05-2018 at 06:27 PM
Old 06-05-2018, 06:43 PM
Elite Fan

Yay! I'll have to find the episode somehow.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, needless to say, this is not my favorite episode.
ICON
Old 06-05-2018, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Wow, needless to say, this is not my favorite episode.
Definitely my lest favorite of the season.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This was my least favourite episode of the season so far, but not for any shipper-related business. I just found several chunks of dialogue to be super clunky, and bordering on corny. I blame the writer completely I feel like the actors did the best they could with the material they were given.
#lowkeyshade

Wait, it's not lowkey if I declare it as such, is it now

That said, I still enjoyed the episode as a whole!
-Kane is boring me right now
-Octavia is honestly intriguing me, I totally trusted her and now I feel naive! Silly me. And, she had a point at the end there re: Diyoza not believe Echo.

Speaking of Echo, that was damn smart to hide the thumbdrive in the bullet hole

-I found the dialogue between Octavia and Bellamy clunky in their fighting scene, but I understand that it needed to be said so I'm ok with that.
-also found the dialogue a tad clunky in the Memori ship scene but again, it needed to be said. I guess I find those explain-y scenes to always feel kind of forced, but I realise why they need to happen.

This whole Gaia/Niylah thing is VERY intriguing. This is not the Niylah I was expecting, and tbh I'm totally here for that. I love how she mentioned Clarke avoiding her...like girl, yes - that's what happens when you don't show up for four episodes

So annoyed at Madi I guess the poor kid thought she was doing the right thing, but heck no. I don't trust Octavia and don't believe she thinks Madi is a cute new pet. But, what do I know.

I also don't trust Gaia...or do I? Hmmm.

PS loved Memori making out, and damn you McCreary for interrupting Them holding him as hostage should be interesting, to say the least.

No Shaw or Raven I cry.

What else...well, I have to rewatch this tomorrow because my bf insisted on talking through half, and through the other half doing such things as running water, turning on the shower, loading the dishwasher, playing music loudly from his phone, etc. I missed some dialogue.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

The Niylah and Gaia thing could be interesting if there's actually anything more there for us.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Memori made out?! #dead

I'm glad that Niylah showed up I figured she was part of the whole "dark year" or whatever
Old 06-05-2018, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am becoming more and more intrigued by the Dark Year What did they do that was SOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAD

Also forgot to mention that Indra was missing tonight wtf

Old 06-05-2018, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

Me too! It sounds so ominous and foreboding I'm afraid though because with all of my shoes they've built something up and the endgame was very anticlimactic

I do agree with the cannibal theory, that's the only thing that makes sense.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn’t really understand the Niylah stuff. I think I was having emotional reactions to . . . other things. Can someone explain it to me?

It’s my least favorite episode of the season, ENTIRELY for shipper reasons. I’ll own up to it. Well . . . I don’t know. I probably still liked it more than 5x02.

I continue to really dislike Octavia this season. This is the second episode in a row I’ve enjoyed Echo more than her. What even . . .

All that Becho was just a lot for my Bellarke heart to deal with, but I think it’s good that she’s off in Shallow Valley now and can have her own storyline. Attaching her to Bellamy doesn’t redeem her. I makes a large portion of the audience resent her more.

I will likely NOT be rewatching this one for . . . reasons. But I do think Bob, Eliza, Tasya, and Marie all did a really good job tonight.
ICON
Old 06-05-2018, 07:36 PM
Elite Fan

I have to try extra hard to stay silent around here because I know the majority of you are Bellarke shippers but it's not worth signing over and you are all very great
Old 06-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Total Fan

Echo was for sure the MVP tonight. She was principled and brave and smart. At first when Diyoza's crew was searching the defectors, I was thinking "Echo better have stuffed that flash drive up her ass" but when they kept showing her hand over that girl's wound I was like "Maybe she put it in there... NO! That's gross as hell, she wouldn't have done that." But she did!

I'm legit feeling like whatever happened during The Dark Year might not even turn out to be cannibalism. I mean, that's still the front runner theory for sure, but I would absolutely die laughing if it turned out to be something else.

Murphy and Emori were so cute. This is the best love story on the show, honestly. They're all "broken up" but obviously still in love.

I can't believe McCreary cockblocked Murphy. He dragged his exploded ass out of the cave and was like "Muuuuurrrrrrpppppphhhhy....." What even.

The Niylah stuff. I'm glad she's back, but apparently she's a fully brainwashed Wonkru person now. What was that stuff about "it's like trying to explain the sun to someone who's never seen it." That's some crazy Octavia hero-worship. So my takeaway is that Octavia probably asked Niylah to go flirt with Clarke to try to pry some info out of her about Madi. Niylah was essentially Octavia's spy and Gaia turned out to be on Clarke and Madi's side. Which makes sense, I think. Gaia is a deeply religious person, so she's not going to abandon all of that for Octavia.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Shipper stuff aside, there was still a lot I did not like.

Quote:
Can someone explain it to me?
Nilyah was pretending like she's on Clarke's side but was going to rat her out to Octavia about Madi being a born Nightblood. That could have gotten Clarke and/or Madi killed.

The Memori stuff was nice.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One of those weird sandwiched double posts.

So what was Niylah’s objective then? Why do that? Out of loyalty to Octavia?
ICON