Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2018, 07:30 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Not watching a show isn't harming, destroying, or cancelling a show.
If enough people stop watching a show, then it's totally harming, destroying or cancelling a show

Quote:
One person or one small group of people do not have that much power. It doesn't damage anyone's viewing experience of the show either.
But if one person or a small group of people write about skipping episodes on Social Media, then maybe other persons are also skipping episodes because they get affected by the stuff they read on SM
Look at this InfoBellarke girl ... It's only one person, but she has an Twitter account which is followed by thousands of followers ... if that one girl does something that harms the show, then maybe thousands of her followers do the same and that will harm the show in any case

- Sonja -
"We found each other in a cage."
"Whatever happens, I know we'll find each other again"
Old 06-04-2018, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 100

I just think that people need to be mature about it. Period. If it's something you truly don't enjoy watching anymore, it's fine but what annoys me is when people are deliberately tuning out to reduce the ratings for certain episodes and then tuning in the following week/when they know that they still love the show but want the show to "suffer" due to certain creative choices.
it is to even exist.
hostage taker & his girlfriend
Sarah | tumblr | icon thread | credit
Old 06-04-2018, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

But that's their right to do so. And frankly, as someone who's skipped and stopped watching, I find this stuff you guys are saying about people offensive and hurtful. I would never judge you guys if you stopped watching The 100 or any show!

You're making a much bigger deal of this than is called for. It's still a small group of people, the show's already been renewed and is doing fine in the ratings as it is, and it doesn't affect your ability to watch and enjoy the show.

Yes, that behavior is not good Sarah.
Old 06-04-2018, 07:49 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
I just think that people need to be mature about it. Period. If it's something you truly don't enjoy watching anymore, it's fine but what annoys me is when people are deliberately tuning out to reduce the ratings for certain episodes and then tuning in the following week/when they know that they still love the show but want the show to "suffer" due to certain creative choices.
I totally agree with you Sarah

- Sonja -
Old 06-04-2018, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 100

I honestly don't see what has been said here so far is offensive or hurtful, Kate. These are strong words TBH.

I've stopped watching shows because storylines frustrated me or were plain bad but I never tuned out to deliberately hurt ratings for certain episodes. I think that is plain childish, you might feel differently but that's how I see it. Same goes for the behaviour displayed by InfoBellarke as far as I'm concerned. Do I like Becho? Not one bit. But it doesn't mean that I'm going to resort to this sort of behaviour when I PLAN to continue watching a show but want to spite TPTB, all the same.

As for the ratings/renewal, we lucked out that the show HAS been renewed but if it wasn't already so, this would definitely affect ratings and I'll be angry at these people TBH.

Anyway, both sneak peeks for this episode:

CONTROLRadioUK #IfWeLikeIt #WePlayIt: The 100 Episode 5x06 Exit Wounds Sneak Peek, Promotional Photos, Press Release + Promo

Spoiler:
it is to even exist.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Wait, what?

Spoiler:
Old 06-04-2018, 08:09 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I honestly don't see what has been said here so far is offensive or hurtful, Kate. These are strong words TBH.

I've stopped watching shows because storylines frustrated me or were plain bad but I never tuned out to deliberately hurt ratings for certain episodes. I think that is plain childish, you might feel differently but that's how I see it. Same goes for the behaviour displayed by InfoBellarke as far as I'm concerned. Do I like Becho? Not one bit. But it doesn't mean that I'm going to resort to this sort of behaviour when I PLAN to continue watching a show but want to spite TPTB, all the same.

As for the ratings/renewal, we lucked out that the show HAS been renewed but if it wasn't already so, this would definitely affect ratings and I'll be angry at these people TBH.
And again, well said Sarah

Quote:
Anyway, both sneak peeks for this episode:

CONTROLRadioUK #IfWeLikeIt #WePlayIt: The 100 Episode 5x06 Exit Wounds Sneak Peek, Promotional Photos, Press Release + Promo

Spoiler:
About Madi:

Spoiler:

- Sonja -
Old 06-04-2018, 08:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 100

Thanks, Sonja.

Spoiler:
it is to even exist.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I was not saying they're right to tune out to hurt the ratings on purpose! I even edited a post to say I agree with you right after you posted about it.

Spoiler:
Old 06-04-2018, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 100

I did see that but your post still talked about the posts here being offensive and hurtful which I frankly don't see, IMO. That's why I commented on it, because that speaks negatively about the mood in this thread and I don't agree with that. Anyway, let's just focus on the episode.

Spoiler:
it is to even exist.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Just how the posts made me feel but let's move on.

Spoiler:
Old 06-04-2018, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Of course it’s everyone’s right to decide whether they want to watch or not, but . . . it just frustrates me is all. The consistently positive people in this fandom have to carry the negative ones on their backs sometimes, especially when they have a knee-jerk reaction to something. But at least everyone here is continuing to watch, regardless of whether they like a certain storyline or a certain ship or not. So that’s what matters.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
BELIEVE IN BELLARKE.
ICON BY MEL
Old 06-04-2018, 09:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 (View Post)
About Madi:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 06-04-2018, 09:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Of course it’s everyone’s right to decide whether they want to watch or not, but . . . it just frustrates me is all. The consistently positive people in this fandom have to carry the negative ones on their backs sometimes, especially when they have a knee-jerk reaction to something. But at least everyone here is continuing to watch, regardless of whether they like a certain storyline or a certain ship or not. So that’s what matters.
Well said April

That's the reason why I enjoy it so much to post with you all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

- Sonja -
Old 06-04-2018, 10:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Of course it’s everyone’s right to decide whether they want to watch or not, but . . . it just frustrates me is all.
It frustrates me because it speaks to a much larger issue IMO. So many people these days seem to feel that it's not enough for one to have an opinion, it's not even enough to have the freedom to share that opinion. No, people feel they have the RIGHT to have their opinions pandered to - even so far as having characters they don't like written off of television shows (and the actors put out of a job) - and that bothers me. It bothers me a lot.