Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2018, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exit Wounds [5x06] Episode Discussion Airdate [06-05-18] #2

5x06: Exit Wounds

(9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

THREATS
Kane’s (Henry Ian Cusick) attempt to prove himself useful tests Wonkru’s allegiance to Octavia (Marie Avgeropoulos). Madi (guest star Lola Flannery “Shadowhunters,” “Home Again”) faces an unexpected threat inside Wonkru, forcing Clarke (Eliza Taylor) to make an unlikely ally. Bob Morley, Paige Turco, Lindsey Morgan, Richard Harmon, Chris Larkin and Tasya Teles also star. Michael Blundell directed the episode written by Drew Lindo (#506). Original airdate 6/5/2018.

Basic Rules:
- Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

- No Character/Actor/ship Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

- Everything is a spoiler until it has aired. Please do not post any promos or promotional photos without a spoiler cut (only the TV promo that has aired is considered not a spoiler).

- Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
Continue here, people!

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-14-2018, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread Sarah

I like it that this episode got a 2nd thread without doing a group rewatch

Marie has posted:
Quote:
I know I'm super late, but I'm finally getting around to posting my episode thoughts**I am not caught up at all so sorry if any of this has already been said/discussed
I'm so glad that you're back again Marie ... I've missed you
Quote:
So I guess Kane and Diyoza are some sort of political team duo now? I really like Diyoza and honestly I feel like she is the better leader this season, but it feels weird to me that Kane would betray Octavia. I know she had him fight in the ring and everything, and I don't necessarily blame him for choosing to work with Diyoza, I'm just a bit surprised.
I think Kane tries to save as much Wonkru members as he can
If that means that he has to betray Octavia, then he betrays her
I don't think that he betrays Octavia because she has almost killed him
Kane was ready to die in the arena, because he wanted to show the people that Octavia's way to lead is the wrong way
Now Kane has the chance, with Diyoza's help, to end this conflict peaceful and free the people out of Octavia's brutal leadership
I'm not surprised about Kanes actions ... like he was the revolt leader against Pike, he's trying to be the revolt leader against Octavia now
Quote:
"How do you explain the sun to someone who's never seen it?" -Is Niylah saying Octavia is the sun? Is she the most brainwashed person in wonkru? Seriously, this line was unsettling
But the line makes us curious to see what Niylah has meant with what she has said
At least we'll know it after we have watched the "The Dark Year" episode

Quote:
I appreciate all the sparring this season!
YES YES YES to Echo being a spy again YES
I love that there was so much Echo in this episode! I feel like we got to see some of how she has changed and some of how she has stayed the same and I'm just really glad to see her involved in the action!*
Memori talking about their relationship problems, yay!
Monty and Echo hugged and I didn't know how much I needed that
Becho is hot!
Memori is also hot!
Echo hiding that thing in the wound was very smart and very gross!
I love all that too
Quote:
When will Harper get to do stuff?**I need more Harper.
I think we all want more Harper stuff

Paulina has posted:
Quote:
I like that Octavia mentioned Gina and that Echo almost kileld her. The show kind of glossed over that, when they decided to put Becho together. Six years have passed but I find it hard to believe Bellamy would want to be in a relationship with somebody who almost killed his sister.
Bellamy is someone who can forgive people their past actions and that's one of the reasons why I love his character so much
For example: Murphy has forced Charlotte to kill herself, he has tried to kill Bellamy ... but Bellamy forgave him
Why is it so unthinkable that Bellamy forgave Echo and starts to love her after he has noticed that she regrets what she has done and that she has become a better person?
If Bellamy would never forgive people who have almost caused Octavia's death, then he must be mad with Clarke forever too
Clarke was ready to let Octavia die in TonDC, because she didn't warn her that the missile impact is coming
Clarke was ready to lock Octavia out of the bunker and let her die in 4x10/4x11

April has posted:
Quote:
And revisionist history is a great way to describe the cage line. There was nothing romantic about anything that happened between them after that.
You're right, there wasn't anything romantic between them after they have met each other in the cage
But they saved each other's lives right after they have met in the cage
First Bellamy saved Echo's live with making noise so that the guards take him for the blood transfusion and not Echo
Echo was still very weak because of her last blood transfusion ... she probably wouldn't have survived the next transfusion
Then Echo saved Bellamy's live with holding Lovejoy's arm with the knife in his hand, so that Lovejoy wasn't able to kill Bellamy with the knife
So the cage moment was for sure a special moment for them ... they've met each other for the first time there and saved each others lives there
For me, the cage line is just beautiful and I'll never get tired to watch that scene

Gosh, it took me hours to write that post
Old 06-14-2018, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Bellamy is someone who can forgive people their past actions and that's one of the reasons why I love his character so much
For example: Murphy has forced Charlotte to kill herself, he has tried to kill Bellamy ... but Bellamy forgave him
Why is it so unthinkable that Bellamy forgave Echo and starts to love her after he has noticed that she regrets what she has done and that she has become a better person?
If Bellamy would never forgive people who have almost caused Octavia's death, then he must be mad with Clarke forever too
Clarke was ready to let Octavia die in TonDC, because she didn't warn her that the missile impact is coming
Clarke was ready to lock Octavia out of the bunker and let her die in 4x10/4x11
Just because you can forgive somebody, doesn't mean you're going to be able to fall in love with them. I have no problem with Bellamy forgiving her, he's done a lot of bad things himself and it would have been hard to hold on to that pain and anger for 6 years in space. It was a clean slate, so I was expecting them to make amends, I just find it hard to believe he forgot to the point where he fell in love with her and was able to talk jokingly about it.

The 100 has never been particularly great at writing romance, as mentioned in my other post I think Becho's main purpose is to create conflict for the Blakes and that's weak writing imo. Back in season 3 they created Gina just so they could kill her and be a motivation for Bellamy to join Pike.

Neither Clarke nor Murphy are romantically involved with Bellamy, so to me it's not comparable. I don't have a problem with Bellamy forgiving other people, a lot of people forgave him and he was part of three genocides, so he would be hypocritical if he didn't forgive other people. But to me forgiveness doesn't mean that the person forgets.

As for the cage line, I just found it really weird considering she betrayed him several times after he came back for her. It was just odd to hear her say we always find each other in that context because when she "found" him after Mt Weather she indirectly killed his gf.

Any way, this is just my opinion, we view their relationship differently, that's all.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:04 PM
Master Fan

It's okay Paulina

I don't agree with you, but I respect it that you have a different opinion

Quote:
Neither Clarke nor Murphy are romantically involved with Bellamy, so to me it's not comparable.
The season isn't over yet ... maybe it's comparable soon
Old 06-14-2018, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

#murphamy LOL

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 06-14-2018, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think we can safely assume Murphamy is not gonna happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 (View Post)
It's okay Paulina

I don't agree with you, but I respect it that you have a different opinion

Old 06-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
how dare you crush my hopes and dreams like that, Paulina

Love the gif

Old 06-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
how dare you crush my hopes and dreams like that, Paulina

Love the gif

Old 06-14-2018, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 06-14-2018, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

Love your gifs Paulina

Quote:
#murphamy LOL
That was not what I've meant and you know it Kate
Old 06-14-2018, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

I totally meant that

Old 06-14-2018, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIcallYouKate (View Post)
I totally meant that
Murphy has to handle the Emori and McCreary problems ... he doesn't have time for a Bellamy romance ... sorry for the truth bomb
Old 06-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 (View Post)
Murphy has to handle the Emori and McCreary problems ... he doesn't have time for a Bellamy romance ... sorry for the truth bomb
Part of me wishes that Spacekru had just come down as one big happy poly family
Old 06-14-2018, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJoyful (View Post)
Part of me wishes that Spacekru had just come down as one big happy poly family
I would like that too

Unfortunately they are separated and I fear that it will take a long time until they are reunited
Old 06-14-2018, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Just because you can forgive somebody, doesn't mean you're going to be able to fall in love with them. I have no problem with Bellamy forgiving her, he's done a lot of bad things himself and it would have been hard to hold on to that pain and anger for 6 years in space. It was a clean slate, so I was expecting them to make amends, I just find it hard to believe he forgot to the point where he fell in love with her and was able to talk jokingly about it.
Yep, this is the one Bellamy alteration I’m still struggling with this season.

Quote:
As for the cage line, I just found it really weird considering she betrayed him several times after he came back for her. It was just odd to hear her say we always find each other in that context because when she "found" him after Mt Weather she indirectly killed his gf.
Exactly.
ICON