Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2020, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Even with the ending that is probably going to attempt to villainize the show's most popular character, I have to say that I really enjoyed that episode. It was a tour de force for Bob, and it was great to see the outpouring of love from the fans.

Stray thoughts for now: Bellamy and Duchette have way more chemistry than Becho. Loved that bromance.

AURORA!

The slow motion scream was kind of cheesy, but I liked the slow motion jump.

Caveman Bellamy is one of the hottest Bellamy looks. Try to change my mind. You can't.

Best episode of the season by far because it focused on a beloved character. Simple as that.
ICON
Old 08-12-2020, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hope they explain what all that was about, because I hate being confused. Even though it happens often.

Old 08-12-2020, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If you know why I'm posting this, you know. If you don't, you don't.
ICON
Old 08-12-2020, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Quote:
Can someone explain to me wtf all that was in the cave?
Bellamy made it sound like it was some type of live form.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Who's guessing we see Lexa and Finn next week? Who knows how else. Monty?

Old 08-12-2020, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Old 08-12-2020, 10:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, Bellamy and his cave boyfriend were cute. Forty minutes of Bellamy excellence. I hope it turns out that he’s an inside man, but we aren’t that lucky. Next week looks intense, not sure if I’ll watch live or just watch clips.

Glad we didn’t have to deal with Sanctum again.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 08-12-2020, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Didn’t the episode description for 7x12 say it was going to be in Sanctum? A whole clown show at this point.

I DVRed this episode, so I’ll probably rewatch it. First time in a long time I’ve done that. I think after the agony of season 5, I just stuck to rewatching Bellarke scenes.

I’m glad you watched with me this week, Amelia.

Also, Bellamy trended for, like, at least 7 hours today. Love that.
ICON
Old 08-13-2020, 01:16 AM
Total Fan

So I think the implication of the cave was that it was an example of a species that "won" its "final war." Instead of being destroyed and turned into crystal giants like the ancient Bardoans, whoever was living in that cave "transcended" because they were "pure." So that's the goal that Cadogan has for his people.

But it also seems like we're headed for a plot twist where we find out that Cadogan is misunderstanding all of it. Like the key to transcendence/winning the war/passing the test is obviously not going to be how emotionally detached they are, but the opposite. Like the key to transcendence is the intentions of the heart or something. If everything Clarke did was motivated by love to save her family/people (like Echo conveniently pointed out last week,) then she wouldn't be turned into a crystal giant. And then the final arc of the show would be that Clarke takes the test, is vindicated for all of the ****ty choices she made, and she gets to transcend to a higher plane of existence and the rest of humanity gets to return to a restored Earth (because after time dilation, thousands of years have passed.)
Old 08-13-2020, 01:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)
I really hope they explain what all that was about, because I hate being confused. Even though it happens often.
Doesn't it seem like a lot (a lot) of modern genre shows can't function without unnecessary mystery? I swear, if something like Lord of the Rings was made today we wouldn't know what the ring is or why people want it until the end of the third book/movie lol.

The answers would only make surface level sense, too, because the writers would have given contradictory hints along the way (not having worked out wtf the vague nonsense driving their plot actually was until the last second, of course).
Old 08-13-2020, 01:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
So I think the implication of the cave was that it was an example of a species that "won" its "final war." Instead of being destroyed and turned into crystal giants like the ancient Bardoans, whoever was living in that cave "transcended" because they were "pure." So that's the goal that Cadogan has for his people.

But it also seems like we're headed for a plot twist where we find out that Cadogan is misunderstanding all of it. Like the key to transcendence/winning the war/passing the test is obviously not going to be how emotionally detached they are, but the opposite. Like the key to transcendence is the intentions of the heart or something. If everything Clarke did was motivated by love to save her family/people (like Echo conveniently pointed out last week,) then she wouldn't be turned into a crystal giant. And then the final arc of the show would be that Clarke takes the test, is vindicated for all of the ****ty choices she made, and she gets to transcend to a higher plane of existence and the rest of humanity gets to return to a restored Earth (because after time dilation, thousands of years have passed.)
All you need is love, love...
Old 08-13-2020, 06:48 AM
Passionate Fan

Well that was...underwhelming. I figured Bellamy would begin to listen to Doucette and take his dogma seriously. Delirium will do that to you.

This notion Fuzzy has talked about with the test meaning to transcend could be right. Makes more sense than most anything else right now. Though I really don’t think Clarke should get to transcend just because her actions were born of love. That’s a cop out and if the show does that...well I don’t know. I won’t like it.

Kind of idiotic of Clarke to spill the beans to Bellamy like that. She has no idea where he’s been or what they’ve done to him. I get that she trusts him, but read the room. Cadogan is controlling everything. Octavia and Echo are prevented from hugging Bellamy literally at gun point. Bellamy’s look is the definition of dazed and confused. She should have used her leverage to get Bellamy alone with them to talk to him and gage where he’s at and find out where he’s been. Sure Bellamy could have still played her, but given his current state I don’t think he would have the wherewithal to be that cunning. Cadogan would not have presented Bellamy to them as he did unless he had a card to play.

Honestly, just further evidence of Clarke being an horrible leader. It’s amazing they’ve made it this far with her at the helm.
Old 08-13-2020, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Old 08-13-2020, 08:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Huh. I agree with folks who've said the episode was underwhelming. It was nice to see Bellamy again, but his ordeal on Etherea mostly felt kinda perfunctory, skimming along and hitting the plot points without much depth.

I mean, I get that it was cold and snowy and a hard climb, but somehow the dialogue and the way it was filmed didn't work for me to make me really FEEL the desperation of their situation and their struggle (in contrast to the Season 5 premiere, which fully made me buy into Clarke's hardship and despair). So because I wasn't there emotionally in the depths with him I just wasn't sold by Bellamy's conversion to the Shepherd. I think he's too strong, mentally and emotionally, to just flip like that in the face of a bit of adversity. And I think that the Disciples' bloodless philosophy (I love all mankind equally blah blah blah) wasn't presented in a convincing enough way to make Bellamy's conversion understandable. His motivation of getting back to the people he loves seems stronger to me than Douchette's mumblings about the Shepherd.

The supposedly "transcended" beings were hardly the winning argument that Douchette claimed, anyway. Who's to say what that was? If those even were living beings, they could just as easily be trapped in some sort of light ray prison as opposed to experiencing enlightened transcendence. Given that the cave buddies were trapped there with those things for months, you'd think they could have explored it more and tried to figure out what they were. And their conversation could have shed some more meaningful light on the Disciples' philosophy and what they believe happened in Cadogan's visit to Etherea.

Unless Bellamy is playing some kind of con, faking his conversion to gain the Shepherd's trust, I don't buy it. I don't buy him having so little faith in his own loves and motivations, and most of all I don't buy him betraying Clarke again.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Do you think Doucette gave him some sort of hallucinogen? There are theories floating around that Doucette helped pop Bellamy into the anomaly (with Anders' cooperation) on purpose, in order to 'break' him and his bond with Octavia, etc.