Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2020, 05:46 PM
Addicted Fan

So, on a scale of 1 to 10, how sad is it that when watching the preview I didn't even realize that was Bellamy (I thought it was Orlando...LOL) until I saw people commenting about it, and when I did realize, my first reaction was 'oh yeah, he is still in this show, isn't he?'

Bellamy Blake was consistently my favorite character on this show from about mid-S1 onward. I even understood and defended his preemptive killing of the 300 warriors. I started to get really frustrated with him when he refused to try to understand why Octavia went down the path she did in the bunker, but he was still my favorite character. Now I'm literally forgetting he exists.

It makes me sad.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
So, on a scale of 1 to 10, how sad is it that when watching the preview I didn't even realize that was Bellamy (I thought it was Orlando...LOL) until I saw people commenting about it, and when I did realize, my first reaction was 'oh yeah, he is still in this show, isn't he?'

Bellamy Blake was consistently my favorite character on this show from about mid-S1 onward. I even understood and defended his preemptive killing of the 300 warriors. I started to get really frustrated with him when he refused to try to understand why Octavia went down the path she did in the bunker, but he was still my favorite character. Now I'm literally forgetting he exists.

It makes me sad.
That makes me sad, too. I really felt his absence this season, the show doesn’t feel the same without one of the leads and moreso, someone with so much heart and soul that he’s integral to the stories and relationships on the show.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 08-11-2020, 08:39 PM
Total Fan

I gotta say that I don't think I even agree with this concept I keep seeing that Clarke and Bellamy are "the leads." Clarke is the lead and then Bellamy and Octavia are equally important. But really, I don't even think it's as conventional and straightforward as that. It's an ensemble cast and Clarke is the lead, but there are a lot of main characters on this show. Yeah, it's weird that Bellamy has been gone for 10 episodes of the final season, but that was Bob Morley's choice, so it is what it is. They did a good job of writing around him.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:46 PM
Passionate Fan

^ I agree.

It’s strange to think I haven’t missed Bellamy that much considering he’s always been my favorite. But he was OOC last season so to me he’d already been gone a while.

I also think his absence served the plot in an interesting way. Since Bob chose to be out of so much of the season I think the writers did a good job handling his absence. Just a little unrealistic how quickly Octavia believed he’s dead without considering he may have gone through the portal.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
I gotta say that I don't think I even agree with this concept I keep seeing that Clarke and Bellamy are "the leads."
I agree with this for sure! All of our core characters are "the lead" in their own way, especially as the show progresses.

And thinking about it, that's probably why Clarke has annoyed me from the very beginning, LOL, sometimes a LOT and sometimes not as much. It just felt like she pushed her way to the front because she's bossy, not because she was the natural leader of the group. Others had a more organic rise to the top. (See: Bellamy, Octavia, Murphy, Emori, Indra....everyone, I guess. Ha!)
Old 08-11-2020, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

All I have to say is that though I believe that Bob asked for (some) time off, the way Bob has absolutely been shady and clearly upset/salty on social media - I do not for one minute believe that he wanted to be out of the season this much. I guess that we will have to wait until the show ends to know the full story about why this season was written so differently than originally intended.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-12-2020, 01:36 AM
Total Fan

I don't think that spreading baseless speculation and conspiracy theories about the personal lives of the real people who work on this show is fair or in keeping with the spirit of the rules of this forum.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

If you have an issue with that, please take it up with the MMs as always. It's not your right to moderate my thoughts/opinions nor call my opinions baseless or "conspiracy theories". I have the right to share my views on the BTS stuff, as you do with your "Bob asked for time off and hence, this is purely because of that" opinion.

Anyway ... the Inside clip is out! First time watching it this season.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 08-12-2020 at 09:45 AM
Old 08-12-2020, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

God, even getting to hear his voice again
Old 08-12-2020, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Same, I’ve missed it.

Wonder if we will get sneak peeks, there’s none so far.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 08-12-2020, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, so nice of Jason to mention Bellamy’s name since it’s a Bellamy-centric episode. Oh, wait . . . he didn’t. Called it.
ICON
Old 08-12-2020, 12:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loppabelle (View Post)
I’m grateful Bellamy is back. Though, I’m really on the fence about watching. More like on the ledge! I haven’t watched since 7x05 nor do I plan on finishing up the mess. If not for my girls(), I wouldn’t know what’s happening! This show wasn’t the best written as is but when you ignore your two leading actors for extra #7890099885, you’re failing. The audacity to use Bellamy like some guest star and to compound that with barely any Clarke, a damn travesty.

The season has been one big failure. It’s legacy is going to be left with a fat F, more infamous for how totally disastrous the final season was. Jason doesn’t deserve a prequel.

The show is filled with characters that essentially have no character.

I hear every character is coddling poor wittle Echo like she’s a freaking china doll. Let that had been Clarke showing her a$$ that way and every character would’ve been bitching about it, especially miss hypocrite Raven. More gall, so we gotta see Echo mourning Bellamy but barely get anything from Octavia or Clarke. GTFO with that bs! That’s just sad.

The show is called the 100. Where they at? Cause it seems to be about everyone but them at this point! There is like 5/100 left and they couldn’t make the focus primarily on them? A final season is meant to culminate with the characters we have grown to love. Seeing their journey finalized at whatever is their conclusion. Not this mess. A damn shame.

The show isn’t even a shell of its former self. Bellamy and Clarke are the heart and soul of this show. Without them, you have nothing. Add to that, hella suspect acting.

I bet Jason would’ve never used all this Echo and Hope this way in season 1, if they were around. Guaranteed he wouldn’t have saw a season 2. The disrespect of his loyal audience is ridiculous. He doesn’t need viewers or the Bellarke fandom anymore(been lost the Clexas), so this is what comes of that. One big final FU and thanks for keeping me employed for 7 years. I’d be a darn fool to pick up any show that he’s involved with from this point on. Fool me once and all of that! The fact that it’s a whole team of writers and they came out of that room thinking this crap was a good idea, I don’t even know what to say. Why didn’t Jason just put TT, Shelby, and Chuku in the lead off for title credits? At least that way viewers would’ve went into this bull knowing what was up!

Anyhow, I hope people will watch for Bellamy/Bob. He deserves it. They can take the rest of that bs and trash it. Should’ve known this was going to be a cluster**** when Bellamy was missing from promo. And then to have his missing presence only being meaningful to the Echo character? Octavia should’ve been #1 with Clarke a close #2!

Oh hell, yes!!

JR didn't mention him, did he? For an episode that is supposed to be about Bellamy, that is cold. But he did mention something about a show pickup in his spiel with writer. He's worried. Good. What an obnoxious child, he is.

Last edited by Modo1013; 08-12-2020 at 12:35 PM Reason: Add content
Old 08-12-2020, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Old 08-12-2020, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Decided not to watch the sneak peek. I'm genuinely excited for an episode for the first time in a year, so I'll just watch it all live.

Jason not even saying Bellamy's name . . . it reeks of spite, just like this whole final season does. But whatever. #BellamyIsBack is already trending in the U.S., so it's not like Bellamy/Bob/or his fans need Jason.
ICON
Old 08-12-2020, 03:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Decided not to watch the sneak peek. I'm genuinely excited for an episode for the first time in a year, so I'll just watch it all live.

Jason not even saying Bellamy's name . . . it reeks of spite, just like this whole final season does. But whatever. #BellamyIsBack is already trending in the U.S., so it's not like Bellamy/Bob/or his fans need Jason.
I'm actually looking forward to tonight's episode. I'm just hoping that it won't be Bellamy's last episode.

Jason isn't even trying to be subtle about dissing this character.

I hope tonight's episode is awesome, and the ratings go up a bit.