Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Passionate Fan

You know I'm not really sure why the Wanheda thing bugs me so much. I guess I feel like it's elevating Clarke's status when she wasn't alone in killing the Mountain Men.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly, I think the word itself just sounds annoying Maybe that's it. Also I still don't know why the Mountain Men bestowed that name just upon Clarke, I know she was the face of the Skaikru and I guess that's why...but she didn't do it alone. I guess I can't expect the Grounders to know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
Definitely! I hated that too. I guess you could argue that this is the name the Grounders know her by and if he started her actual name, they might be like "Who's Clarke?" but it still struck me as weird.
Good point. I guess he could have said Clarke with a strong emphasis and pointed at her, but then which would be dorkier, that or him calling her Wanheda

Old 02-05-2017, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Roan's miraculous and super speedy recovery was the only part I didn't really like, as it required a major suspension of disbelief. I mean, I know Jaha and Jasper just got shot, too, but I've got it in my mind that they can recover from it quicker because they were chipped at the time they were shot, and . . . I know that doesn't really make any logical sense, but I can work with that, for some reason.

My favorite quotes were definitely the Raven quote you guys mentioned, "Nothing like a little pain to remind you you're alive," or either of Kane's quotes at the end. "The youth have inherited the earth," and the "You turn the page," quote. All awesome lines!
ICON
Old 02-05-2017, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah the Roan thing definitely bothered me - I'm used to suspending belief with this show but come ON. Couldn't they have debilitated him another way that didn't involve a gunshot wound to the chest? I mean they were supposed to make us ~*wonder*~ if he was dead, but none of us fell for that nonsense.

And like Toni said...what happened with Jasper's gunshot wound to the leg

Old 02-05-2017, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wait a minute, it gets even more unbelievable. Because, come to think of it, Roan was just recently shot TWICE. Because remember, Bellamy shot him in 3x15.
ICON
Old 02-05-2017, 04:00 PM
Total Fan

TV shows and movies alway portray gun shots to the arms and legs in a stupid way. Realistically they'd be rushing to the hospital in excruciating pain, losing blood all over the place, while on TV they just walk it off. But Roan's gun shot to the heart is a bridge too far for me. I can't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
Honestly, I think the word itself just sounds annoying Maybe that's it. Also I still don't know why the Mountain Men bestowed that name just upon Clarke, I know she was the face of the Skaikru and I guess that's why...but she didn't do it alone. I guess I can't expect the Grounders to know that.
The Mountain Men didn't bestow that name on Clarke, the Grounders did. They see Clarke as the leader who defeated the Mountain Men, so she's responsible for hundreds of deaths. Hence, "Commander of Death." Wanheda. And honestly, I do think Clarke was primarily responsible for Mount Weather. Yes, she had help. Monty manipulated the computers for her and Bellamy gave her moral support, but it was Clarke's idea and her decision in the end. It wouldn't have happened without her.

It is a stupid-sounding word, though. I agree.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry, Mountain Men was a total typo They couldn't call her that if they're all dead, could they! Burn. On them.

Old 02-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
The Mountain Men didn't bestow that name on Clarke, the Grounders did. They see Clarke as the leader who defeated the Mountain Men, so she's responsible for hundreds of deaths. Hence, "Commander of Death." Wanheda. And honestly, I do think Clarke was primarily responsible for Mount Weather. Yes, she had help. Monty manipulated the computers for her and Bellamy gave her moral support, but it was Clarke's idea and her decision in the end. It wouldn't have happened without her.

It is a stupid-sounding word, though. I agree.
So I know Clarke was primarily the one to kill Mt Weather and since the Grounders see her as leader of all Skaikru it makes sense they would give a name to only her. But it just feeds the idea that Clarke is the Supreme Lord Ruler of the Sky People, and it bugs. It's like it's come to represent all that annoys me about Clarke.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
So I know Clarke was primarily the one to kill Mt Weather and since the Grounders see her as leader of all Skaikru it makes sense they would give a name to only her. But it just feeds the idea that Clarke is the Supreme Lord Ruler of the Sky People, and it bugs. It's like it's come to represent all that annoys me about Clarke.
Yes I feel the same way. I am really bitter toward the fact that Clarke is often placed on a pedestal.

Icon by Sarah

To the Sky King : Bellamy Blake
Old 02-06-2017, 12:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Wait a minute, it gets even more unbelievable. Because, come to think of it, Roan was just recently shot TWICE. Because remember, Bellamy shot him in 3x15.
Which was what exactly? Two days ago?
Yes, Roan's recovery was just a TAD ridiculous

I don't mind the name Wanheda at all. I feel it's consistent and it would make sense to refer to her by that name at that point imo.

Favorite quote is Roan's "It's always something with you, isn't it."

And Kane's "You turn the page. You turn the page and you don't look back. You do better tomorrow than you did yesterday. Before you know it, you'll deserve to survive."

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 02-06-2017, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, his recovery was ridiculous. All it took was Abby removing the bullet, it did no damage? He wouldn't bleed out? Just didn't make sense. He got up like a minute after she removed the bullet.

Calling her Wanheda makes sense, only a few of them know her actual name, the rest of the Grounders just know her as Wanheda. Having said that, Kane calling her Wanheda is a bit weird.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So even though it wasn't really Bad right from the beginning, I never had the desire to watch a Season 3 episode more than once.
But this one, it's on Netflix; I'm rewatching Now

It's the feel of the episode or something else I don't know. But my enthusiasm is back
Old 02-06-2017, 02:56 AM
Elite Fan

I'm glad you found your enthusiasm again, Paula

I'm waiting to see when iTunes puts up the new episodes for season 04 (I bought the whole season), though I suspect it's the next day probably

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 02-06-2017, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love how they just en passant had Emori tell us why she took the chip; because Jaha promised to take her to Murphy. (he did keep that promise )
Old 02-06-2017, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

You already have it on Netflix? I will have to check if our Netflix has it up too.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.