Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2017, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like their scenes but sometimes I feel like Abby treats her harshly, like when she slapped her back in season 2.

Their season 1 dynamic on the Ark was my favourite, working together to get to earth.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Oh definitely, Abby slapping her was not cool

I've really liked their interactions this season. We've gotten a good mix of them disagreeing and working together.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

We did.

What did you think about Abby basically telling Raven they were coming for her because they needed her skills? I know Abby meant nothing bad by it but it still sounded odd.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Oh, I saw that discussion in the Raven thread and meant to chip in but never did.

It did sound kind of cold (especially from Abby) but I think it made sense given the circumstances. Of course, everyone should be considered worthy of a spot in the bunker not just for their skills but because they are people and their life has inherent value. But with the limited space, that's not the case. In reality, if they're already kicking 300 people out of the bunker it doesn't make sense to go on a dangerous mission to get another person unless that person brings something really special to the table, and Raven does in the form of being a kickass genius. But for Abby to say it like that was odd because Abby has never really thought in those terms. But I think Raven is pragmatic enough that citing her skills as a reason to save her is a good way to convince her that such a mission to save her is worthwhile, so maybe Abby mentioned her skills because she thought that would be a good way to get through to Raven
Old 05-23-2017, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice point

I said it already; as much as I love Raven and as much as I know that she is absolutely kick-ass genius, the idea though, that you're going on a dangerous mission to save 1 person, wasn't really logical though
Old 05-23-2017, 12:00 PM
Supreme Fan

I think that sending a large group didn't make a lot of sense, but I think it does make sense to go after Raven. My impression is that Raven is an actual genius. She is probably the smartest person currently living and has repeatedly displayed an ability to think on her feet and creatively problem solve that is waayyy above average as well as a high mechanical aptitude . If they want to survive in the bunker and rebuild after, Raven is probably the one person it makes sense to go on a dangerous rescue mission for
Old 05-23-2017, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Agree with both of you. The mission seemed ridiculous because they only had about 24 hours left but Raven saved them numerous times, she keeps coming up with solutions. If you are going to go on a risky mission to rescue somebody bc you want to save the human race, it's Raven.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1marie (View Post)
But for Abby to say it like that was odd because Abby has never really thought in those terms. But I think Raven is pragmatic enough that citing her skills as a reason to save her is a good way to convince her that such a mission to save her is worthwhile, so maybe Abby mentioned her skills because she thought that would be a good way to get through to Raven
Yeah, that was why I found that particular exchange odd ... because I never thought that Abby saw her in that way. But you make a good point about her maybe emphasizing that point to increase the chances of Raven being saved.

Paulina, that scene where Abby slapped Raven, that was hard to watch. But I loved that Raven dropped some truth bombs on Abby there. "She's just a kid." "She stopped being a kid the day you sent her down to die."

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-24-2017, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yes, definitely. I'm glad Raven said that because the adults seemed to have forgotten they sent them down to the ground. Sure they are just kids but they had to grow up fast once they landed on the ground and had to fight to survive.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty lies (View Post)
But I loved that Raven dropped some truth bombs on Abby there. "She's just a kid." "She stopped being a kid the day you sent her down to die."
That's one of my favorite lines from the show! I think every adult needed to hear that on repeat for pretty much all of season 2
Old 05-27-2017, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

On repeat
Old 05-27-2017, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1marie (View Post)
That's one of my favorite lines from the show! I think every adult needed to hear that on repeat for pretty much all of season 2
That line still gives me CHILLS TBH, it was just a truth bomb that Abby needed to hear right then.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 05-27-2017, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, they acted so arrogant when they came down to the ground. Not listening to the children, telling them they are not in charge anymore. They sent them down for certain death and they survived and knew the ground but they were like: nope, we are back in charge now. I will never stop laughing at Kane saying: We're here now. Everything's gonna be ok.

Old 05-28-2017, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

That line always cracks me up. The 100 had already been through hell and back by then (because of a decision that they had no part in) and the adults thought that they could come swooping in, once they reached the Ground. They were naive.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-20-2017, 05:24 PM
Supreme Fan

I said I would make a banner for this thread but I have been slacking