Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2017, 08:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
But then our delinquents won't be teenagers any more!
Really want your mind blown? There will probably be a bunch of 2 - 4 year old kids running around. They do have to repopulate the planet, you know.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:22 PM
Supreme Fan

I hope not. I'm not here for post apocalyptic daycare
Old 05-09-2017, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Wow. I hardly ever post here because I'm always behind watching the show, but even though I'm late to the party have to comment on this one.

1) I'm impressed that having made the decision to have a Hunger Games style fight, the writers stuck with it and allowed only one winner. I thought it was a cop-out to let Katniss and Peeta survive in HG, and here they did the right thing to honor the rules of the contest. I was also pleasantly surprised that they set things up so that Octavia's victory actually seemed plausible. No way she could have defeated Luna or Roan in a straight-up fight, but using her girl under the floor smarts made sense. Roan was cool and hot (all at once) and I'll miss him, but as the grounders say it was a good death. Ilian was a big lump of beefcake who served his purpose in bringing Octavia back to life after Lincoln's death; it was time for him to go.

I'm sad about Luna, though. Maybe it's because I loved Lexa, but I always thought Luna had so much potential to be a new kind of leader for the grounders: Cool nightblood chick with badass martial skills, but who had decided to let go of her culture's bloodthirsty ways and find a new path forward. Her character never really gelled though. The meditation guru act earlier this season didn't really suit her, but neither did this episode's nihilism. I'm sad about her death because as a character she had so much potential that was never realized.
Hey there! Welcome to the board/thread. I love reading your thoughts.

As much as I loved THG, the decision to have two winners was a cop-out indeed and I'm also glad that the show didn't go down that route. And yes, I felt that the way they had her win was realistic (or as realistic as it gets in this show, with Octavia being able to fight given that she was close to death literally days before that ) ... that was the smartest move considering that she was going against people who have been trained their entire lives for fights like these.

I didn't necessarily feel that Roan's death did him justice though. If it was a fair fight and Roan wasn't partially weakened by the black rain, I would have said that but yeah, him struggling to fight her and then her drowning him ... I just felt a bit cheated of a good ending for him.

I really liked Luna too, and I agree that she had so much potential which was never realised. We did get glimpses into her but it wasn't enough. And I'll always be bitter than we never got to see her interacting with Lincoln after all his mentions regarding her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)
Really want your mind blown? There will probably be a bunch of 2 - 4 year old kids running around. They do have to repopulate the planet, you know.

True, but that will be weird to see after only seeing teenagers/adults running about. Some of them had kids up on the Ark, but I'm guessing that none of them were on the surviving stations? Or the show just didn't want to show kids running about.

Quote:
I'm not here for post apocalyptic daycare
Me neither.

It was mentioned in the Season 4 premiere that Echo wasn't marked because she was a royal guard/spy, I remember. And I'm in the team that likes Echo too but I don't even really know why ... I do think Tasya sells the character really well.

crimson100 - This is my last post on this matter. From the way that you replied, you clearly don't see how your posts can be offensive to others. Calling Clarke Lexa's sex toy isn't an opinion, it's just offensive/insulting. Opinions can be debated on/discussed, since everyone has different point-of-views ... that's totally fine, this is just a statement which shouldn't be made. Period. Please feel free to PM me or Lisa (Lxury) on this if you have any further points. Otherwise, this thread should be purely used to comment on the episode. Thanks.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 05-09-2017, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Finally saw the episode!

Clarke convincing Bellamy to go with Octavia! <3

OCTAVIA AND BELLAMY SFDSFDSFSD.

ILLIAN NOOOOO. I actually liked him. FREAKING A THIS SHOW.

LUNA AND ROAN SERIOUSLY.

The episode was great though. SO much going on. All the fighting stuff was fantastic.

OCTAVIA.

clarke wtf.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:49 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I feel like this was the reasoning actually given in the show, though I can't remember which episode.
Yeah, I definitely remember it being explained either in the show or in an interview with someone. And I remember discussing on the forum at the time that they made her a spy specifically because they didn't know anything about her when they created the character and they needed to fill in the plot hole of why someone from Azgeda didn't have any scars.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Finally saw the episode!

Clarke convincing Bellamy to go with Octavia! <3

OCTAVIA AND BELLAMY SFDSFDSFSD.

ILLIAN NOOOOO. I actually liked him. FREAKING A THIS SHOW.

LUNA AND ROAN SERIOUSLY.

The episode was great though. SO much going on. All the fighting stuff was fantastic.

OCTAVIA.

clarke wtf.
I'm so glad you finally watched! I told you it was quite the episode!
ICON
Old 05-10-2017, 05:43 AM
Total Fan

Ah thank you for these explication on Echo
Old 05-10-2017, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
Yeah, I definitely remember it being explained either in the show or in an interview with someone. And I remember discussing on the forum at the time that they made her a spy specifically because they didn't know anything about her when they created the character and they needed to fill in the plot hole of why someone from Azgeda didn't have any scars.
Indra said it in 4x01, to Bellamy & Kane
Old 05-10-2017, 06:20 AM
Total Fan

Ah I did not pay attention to this scene at the same time I did not like 4x01
Old 05-10-2017, 07:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1marie (View Post)
I hope not. I'm not here for post apocalyptic daycare
Old 05-10-2017, 07:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty lies (View Post)
Hey there! Welcome to the board/thread. I love reading your thoughts. ..

I didn't necessarily feel that Roan's death did him justice though. If it was a fair fight and Roan wasn't partially weakened by the black rain, I would have said that but yeah, him struggling to fight her and then her drowning him ... I just felt a bit cheated of a good ending for him..
Thanks for the welcome!

I see your point about Roan's last few moments, dying by black rain/drowning rather than the sword in a fair fight (although I still think Luna would have defeated him, just as Lexa did, in fair combat), but just wanted to comment that what I liked was how his participation in the conclave revealed his honor and his concern for humanity (not just Ice Nation). He didn't let Echo cheat for him, didn't turn Bellamy over for being in the battle zone illicitly, and most importantly he made and honored a pact with Octavia because he wanted to defeat Luna so humanity could survive. I liked how the conclave brought out his good qualities and strength of character.

I was sad though that he and Clarke ended on such poor terms. I really appreciated their friendship and mutual respect (and thought they would have made an awesome couple!).
Old 05-10-2017, 11:23 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
what I liked was how his participation in the conclave revealed his honor and his concern for humanity (not just Ice Nation). He didn't let Echo cheat for him, didn't turn Bellamy over for being in the battle zone illicitly, and most importantly he made and honored a pact with Octavia because he wanted to defeat Luna so humanity could survive. I liked how the conclave brought out his good qualities and strength of character.

I was sad though that he and Clarke ended on such poor terms. I really appreciated their friendship and mutual respect (and thought they would have made an awesome couple!).
Totally agree. I'm glad that his character stayed consistent to the end. It's interesting how the conclave brought out the best in both him and Octavia.

And I was really sad about the last interaction between Roan and Clarke being negative too
Old 05-10-2017, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
Indra said it in 4x01, to Bellamy & Kane
And Paula swoops in with the knowledge.
ICON
Old 05-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You can always count on Paula!

Old 05-11-2017, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
And Paula swoops in with the knowledge.
I've started my multiple rewatches