Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2018, 08:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, I'm over the Commander aspect of the Flame but I'd love to see the other aspects of it explored.

If Becca was insisting that it could save them all when Cadogan was burning her alive, then there has to be more to it!
Old 07-24-2018, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think we’re definitely set up for that Becca/Cadogen flashback to come into play at the end of the season.
ICON
Old 07-24-2018, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I want Madi to live, I am also over the commander stuff, and while Mama Bear Clarke had some great moments this season, I would prefer it be significantly lessened next season. So I'm wondering how Madi can exist next season (not as a commander preferably) without Clarke's storyline entirely revolving around being a mother. It's tricky.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-24-2018 at 10:04 AM
Old 07-24-2018, 09:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
I want Madi to live, I am also over the commander stuff, and while Mama Bear Clarke had some great moments this season, I would prefer it be significantly lessened next season. So I'm wondering how Madi can exist next season (not as a commander preferably) without Clarke's storyline entirely revolving on being a mother. It's tricky.
For Madi not to be Commander, the flame needs to be destroyed. If Clarke takes it from Madi to implant it in herself, we not only get preteen angst from Madi and mother-daughter conflicts, there are bound to be plenty of believers who would happily carve it out of Clarke's neck to implant it in the true Nightblood.

Best case scenario is probably a partial vision of something very crucial before the chip is either removed and destroyed, or fails and has to be removed so Madi doesn't die.

In the case of the latter, would the Grounder faith in a Commander survive the Flame snuffing out?
Old 07-24-2018, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

The only thing Flame related I care about is the Becca/Cadogen stuff
Old 07-24-2018, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

I like the Madi/Flame story and I hope Madi keeps the flame forever ... and I hope Madi lives forever ... also I think this story could be part of the S6 storyline combined with Eligius III stuff
Old 07-24-2018, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
The only thing Flame related I care about is the Becca/Cadogen stuff
Same. That aspect of it is interesting to me.
ICON
Old 07-24-2018, 11:28 AM
Addicted Fan

ALIE - and the Flame - has always interested me, so I'm looking forward to learning more. I'm thinking of going back and watching the eps where we first learned about Cadogan and see what I can pick up but I don't know if I'll have time today!
Old 07-24-2018, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it wasn't that the flame would save Cadogan/his people, but nightblood would - which... if theories are true
Spoiler:

amelia | icon: mel
Old 07-24-2018, 11:46 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
I think it wasn't that the flame would save Cadogan/his people, but nightblood would - which... if theories are true
Spoiler:
I don't think that's a spoiler since it's just speculation. I don't think it makes any sense for Cadogan and/or his people to be on Eligius III because we already know from the flashback that they were on Earth after the bombs and Eligius III would have had to leave for that other solar system before any of that ever happened. It makes more sense if Becca made the nightblood for the Eligius corporation before ALIE went crazy. It would explain why her infinity logos are on some of the Eligius IV mining equipment.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Oh, that is very true. I always forget that Becca was working on Alie (or Alie 2.0, I think) for two years before she came back down.

So then did Cadogan/his people die because the wouldn't take nightblood? They killed Becca after she came back down, then died just of old age? I always forget how the first grounders even survived.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 07-24-2018, 12:48 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
^ Oh, that is very true. I always forget that Becca was working on Alie (or Alie 2.0, I think) for two years before she came back down.

So then did Cadogan/his people die because the wouldn't take nightblood? They killed Becca after she came back down, then died just of old age? I always forget how the first grounders even survived.
I think most of the grounders just survived via natural selection like Dante Wallace said in S2. But the nightbloods are probably from the Second Dawn cult. As they were burning her, Becca was screaming at them that her serum and the flame could make it so they didn't have to live in the bunker anymore. So I'm figuring that even though they killed her on Cadogan's orders (apparently because she gave it to somebody already and it didn't work?) some of them probably listened to her and revolted against Cadogan later on, taking the nightblood and the flame. Once they have the nightblood, they could easily kill all of the others and Cadogan by just opening the bunker door and exposing them. One of those people was probably the second commander and we could maybe get the continuation of the backstory through that person if we keep getting flashbacks.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It would be good if we could get info on other Commanders other than Becca and Lexa.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
I think most of the grounders just survived via natural selection like Dante Wallace said in S2. But the nightbloods are probably from the Second Dawn cult. As they were burning her, Becca was screaming at them that her serum and the flame could make it so they didn't have to live in the bunker anymore. So I'm figuring that even though they killed her on Cadogan's orders (apparently because she gave it to somebody already and it didn't work?) some of them probably listened to her and revolted against Cadogan later on, taking the nightblood and the flame. Once they have the nightblood, they could easily kill all of the others and Cadogan by just opening the bunker door and exposing them. One of those people was probably the second commander and we could maybe get the continuation of the backstory through that person if we keep getting flashbacks.
That's a good theory
Old 07-24-2018, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Do we know hoe many Commanders there's been?