Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2019, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I’d actually prefer it to be super special Clarke rather than the fact that she once had the flame. (Really tired of the flame saves the day stories.) But I think it would be best if it had to do with her not being a genetic nightblood. Because that would put the brakes on the idea of Abby manufacturing more nightbloods.
ICON
Old 06-13-2019, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It needs to be about Clarke not being a born Nightblood. I wonder if Josie taking the sleeping pill will factor into this Clarke/Josie thing at all.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I’d actually prefer it to be super special Clarke rather than the fact that she once had the flame. (Really tired of the flame saves the day stories.) But I think it would be best if it had to do with her not being a genetic nightblood. Because that would put the brakes on the idea of Abby manufacturing more nightbloods.
Yeah, I get the impatience with the whole Flame thing—in some ways the entire Grounder culture along with their religion seems moot at this post as they’ve left Earth. But on the other hand I think there needs to be some sort of payoff for this whole storyline that they’ve been building up with Madi over the past two seasons. I’ve been relieved that SkyKru hasn’t made any pretense that Madi is “The Commander” and their leader, but if not that then there needs to be some reason the poor girl has that thing in her head (neck? whatever).
Old 06-13-2019, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like after this season would be the perfect time to destroy the damn thing, along with all those mind drives, and let people just be who they are.
ICON
Old 06-13-2019, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Maybe being a manufactured nightblood as opposed to being born one makes a difference, but I'm betting it's the fact that she was briefly bonded with the Flame. Not sure how or why that matters, but if true it strongly points to Madi as the one to save her. Which would be really cool, if after all Clarke's struggles to protect Madi now it's time for the daughter to save her adopted mom.
Brooklyn

I actually enjoye(d) the flame story line and anything to do with Becca's creations and the more SciFi-y aspects of the show (I came to the show because of the SciFi premise).

I feel the most organic way to tell this would be to have it be "manufactured nightblood/ flame" effects. If they make it because Clarke is special, that would be a bit of a cop-out explanation maybe? Pretty presumptuous to think none of the other hosts over 200 years were special with strong emotional attachments to their past and other people LOL

I would love it if Madi was an integral part of Clarke's recovery

And I am still in awe how amazing EJ is as Jo pretending to be Clarke

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 06-14-2019, 06:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIcallYouKate (View Post)
I actually enjoye(d) the flame story line and anything to do with Becca's creations and the more SciFi-y aspects of the show (I came to the show because of the SciFi premise).

I feel the most organic way to tell this would be to have it be "manufactured nightblood/ flame" effects. If they make it because Clarke is special, that would be a bit of a cop-out explanation maybe? Pretty presumptuous to think none of the other hosts over 200 years were special with strong emotional attachments to their past and other people LOL
I like the SciFi aspects of the show too, Kate! I understand why some people think the flame stuff has been dragged out too much, but personally I'm really interested in seeing how Madi's "Dark Commander" storyline intersects with the effort to save Clarke.

I've been trying to think of a logical way (because if it's SciFi as opposed to fantasy it should make some sort of realistic sense!) that the flame is still interacting with Clarke's mind--or possibly it altered her neural pathways while she was connected to it, creating some new structure in her brain where her real personality and consciousness are preserved? Anyway, I'm really looking forward to learning more in next week's episode!
Old 06-14-2019, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Death to the Flame/Chips! Just make it connect into the main plot, use it for whatever, and then be done with it. I wanted more backstory on the Becca/Cadogen of it all but now I'm just tired.

Seriously, if they don't destroy this moon for good, can Clarke keep the Pjs and the bed?

https://shialablunt2.tumblr.com/post...th-her-hair-up
Old 06-14-2019, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynFan (View Post)
I've been trying to think of a logical way (because if it's SciFi as opposed to fantasy it should make some sort of realistic sense!) that the flame is still interacting with Clarke's mind--or possibly it altered her neural pathways while she was connected to it, creating some new structure in her brain where her real personality and consciousness are preserved? Anyway, I'm really looking forward to learning more in next week's episode!
I can't say that I'm generally a big fan of the Flame still being part of the storyline, but the whole intersectioning of Clarke's subconscious/memories with the Flame could be interesting. I've heard theories about Clarke possibly losing her memory for good, even when she comes out of this (which makes me nervous) but next week's storyline really has a lot of potential to delve into that and show how Clarke ultimately fights her way out.

The whole Dark Commander thing seems campy but in a good way, I'm actually intrigued by how it'll play out for Madi. Though I also feel bad for the kid because she's not having an easy time with it.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/62d58102...tsi9o1_400.gif

Eliza looked so pretty here, seriously.

This is pretty amazing.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-14-2019, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder what possibly could have caused this jump in followers.
ICON
Old 06-14-2019, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's a mystery, still.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-14-2019, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hope that this body-snatching plot isn't dragged out too much longer.

I miss Clarke.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 06-14-2019, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It can't just be her marriage, right?

Me too Amelia. Maybe we'll get her fully back in 6X08, if not the end of 6X07.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
I really hope that this body-snatching plot isn't dragged out too much longer.

I miss Clarke.
I thought you were all set to love Josephine.
ICON
Old 06-14-2019, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I mean, I do love JC, she's insane and I love her tragic acting, but I miss Clarke quite a bit.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 06-14-2019, 07:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damocles (View Post)
Yeah I think it's the first time Josie fell asleep, so the first time mind!clarke was 'activated'. And I'm also curious to know if this is normal? Does this happen with the other hosts? Or just our super special Clarke?
My personal theory is that this phenomena is based on 1) how strong the host mind is to begin with and 2) how unwilling the host is to accept the chip. Like if they consent or "consent", then their mind probably won't try to fight back.. But if they go down involuntarily like Clarke, they have a better chance of fighting against the chip.

Bellamy ❤ Clarke