Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2017, 03:16 AM
ravishing red

Moderator of ...
The 100

I don’t think that I was ever angry with her either, mostly frustrated with her actions and wishing that she’d listen more to the people around her (apart from Jaha).
Old 12-20-2017, 03:41 AM
Communications Team
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Music
Riverdale

I was just upset primarily when she decided to steal the bunker before seeing the outcome...like she didn't really believe in Octavia. I understand condemning 300+ people to death is difficult. But I think she made it harder on herself doing what Jaha said and undermining the grounders. And like Monty, Jasper, and Bellamy saw...she was sort of taking on that role that they all fought so hard against.

And even though I was sad that they left Clarke behind, I sort of saw this redemption moment when she got power to the ring.

Rescue me chin boy,
And show me the stars.
J e n n a

Icon | Support;
| - Hannah |
Old 12-20-2017, 04:05 AM
Elite Fan

I honestly cannot really be upset with that decision too much (to close the bunker).

While we as viewers rooted for Octavia of course (and I am sure Clarke was, too), Octavia emerging victorious was highly unlikely. So a beaten down, frustrated, scared, exhausted Clarke thought this was the pragmatic move. Add to this mix a wiley Jaha whispering in her ear and that’s how this ended up the way it did.

Don’t get me wrong, I wanted her to believe in Octavia and I definitely facepalmed about closing the door, but I can totally understand her motivation.

All that said, let’s see how I feel after my re-watch

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 12-20-2017, 04:47 AM
Communications Team
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Music
Riverdale

I think it would've been worse had they not been able to open the door, considering Raven, Octavia, and Kane along with others still being on the outside.

Rescue me chin boy,
And show me the stars.
J e n n a

Icon | Support;
| - Hannah |
Old 12-20-2017, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

I view season four for Clarke as sort of her . . . I guess, in a way, like her “season three Bellamy” storyline. I think many of the decisions she made were highly questionable. While I understand her reasoning for making a lot of the decisions she did, ultimately, I think she made some very poor choices that hurt (or could have hurt) a lot of people.

I found it thought-provoking as hell, though, so of course I loved it. I would actually rank season four right after season two as my favorite season for Clarke, just because her storylines were so meaty. If that makes sense.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
BELIEVE IN BELLARKE.
ICON BY MEL
Old 12-21-2017, 03:11 AM
ravishing red

Moderator of ...
The 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I view season four for Clarke as sort of her . . . I guess, in a way, like her “season three Bellamy” storyline. I think many of the decisions she made were highly questionable. While I understand her reasoning for making a lot of the decisions she did, ultimately, I think she made some very poor choices that hurt (or could have hurt) a lot of people.

I found it thought-provoking as hell, though, so of course I loved it. I would actually rank season four right after season two as my favorite season for Clarke, just because her storylines were so meaty. If that makes sense.
Agreed, season 4 was a frustrating but also highly intriguing season when it comes to Clarke’s development (or regression as a character, depending on how you viewed it) and I felt the same about Bellamy’s storyline in season 3 for sure. I feel like a lot of it was rash and not properly thought out … but it’s also in character too, knowing what we know about Clarke and what her main priority is (the greater good over the few). I would say though, as flawed as she is, her actions humanise her too (not defending her actions however) … here’s this girl in a position of power and she shows it most of the time. But we get a glimpse into the young woman that she is, too. And I think that’s important to see. If that makes any sense.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Makes sense, Sarah.

I think I also just love it when the show really focuses on Clarke’s flaws because . . . well, without that, she would not be a dynamic character. She’d be a stereotypical hero, which . . . no, thanks. Give me complicated, twisted Clarke any day over that.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
BELIEVE IN BELLARKE.
ICON BY MEL
Old 12-21-2017, 08:18 AM
ravishing red

Moderator of ...
The 100

Yes, absolutely! I dislike Mary and Gary Sues, and she's far from being that. She's layered, complex, flawed etc. and that is what makes a character compelling and someone that you'd want to root for.

X
Old 12-21-2017, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

The fact Clarke has pissed me off and frustrated me means she's an awesome character. Just like Bellamy, just like Murphy, Raven. etc. They've all seriously pissed me off but that makes me love them even more. It's so much more realistic.

Old 12-21-2017, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

There were two paths in front of the writers with Clarke, and one of them was a Mary Sue path. I’m so relieved they went down this path instead.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
BELIEVE IN BELLARKE.
ICON BY MEL
Old 12-21-2017, 04:13 PM
ravishing red

Moderator of ...
The 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
The fact Clarke has pissed me off and frustrated me means she's an awesome character. Just like Bellamy, just like Murphy, Raven. etc. They've all seriously pissed me off but that makes me love them even more. It's so much more realistic.
Agreed, they are all far from being perfect but that’s what is relatable about them, their journey and development etc. I’ll never be happy watching a show where the characters are not flawed and have perfect, happy lives all the time because that’s boring and also unrealistic.
Old 12-23-2017, 12:17 AM
Elite Fan

Agreed with all of that.
The fact that Clarke is far from perfect, had to make impossible decisions and that her actions sometimes had horrible consequences, that is what makes her character appealing.

ETA

I have no clue why I am not able to copy tweets in here anymore?
#thwartedbytechnology

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon

Last edited by CanIcallYouKate; 12-23-2017 at 02:34 AM
Old 12-23-2017, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

I thought Clarke was going the Mary Sue path at first, but nope.

Shallow Valley!

Old 12-23-2017, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
I thought Clarke was going the Mary Sue path at first, but nope.
Those first couple episodes, it really kind of seemed like it. I think that’s part of the reason why I didn’t watch last episode 2, to be honest. But then I saw the scene of her killing Finn on YouTube, and I knew they’d gone a different route with her. I was definitely intrigued.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
BELIEVE IN BELLARKE.
ICON BY MEL
Old 12-23-2017, 09:39 AM
ravishing red

Moderator of ...
The 100

Awww, that's such a cute picture of Eliza. Thanks, Kate.

Honestly, with Clarke being the protagonist of the show, I probably wouldn't love the show as much as I do if she was Mary Sue-ish. So, I'm very glad that she isn't one.

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 12-24-2017 at 12:28 AM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top