Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2017, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Clarke’s seeing herself in a mirror there with Maya? Why did I never get that before?
ICON
Old 12-09-2017, 11:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Add me please?
Old 12-09-2017, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss the wind (View Post)
I know, why couldn't they be switched?

The guy that plays the love interest (not the fiance) is Jake Lacy, idk if either of you saw that Jenny Slate movie Obvious Child, he was also on the final season of The Office.
There's something floating around Twitter, asking the same question basically.

Ooh thanks for the information, Amelia. Hmm never watched either but dang, he really does look familiar.

That's an interesting parallel, Margaux! Like April, I never noticed the mirror thing in 2X01.

Welcome, Lexi. I'm sure that Paulina will add you soon.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 12-09-2017, 03:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Clarke’s seeing herself in a mirror there with Maya? Why did I never get that before?

Yes in the elevator but we can't really see it in the gifs.

Bringing this because I love it :

x

Icon by Sarah

To the Sky King : Bellamy Blake
Old 12-09-2017, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, Clarke noticed herself in the mirror and I think it was the first time she saw her reflection since they landed, so she was shocked to see herself and how much she probably changed and how angry/aggressive she was. As if she didn't recognize herself, at least that's how I always interpreted that scene.

If you think about it, we never see themselves look at their own reflections, they'd probably have a hard time looking at themselves considering what they've done/been through.

Welcome till you come back! Added you.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)

If you think about it, we never see themselves look at their own reflections, they'd probably have a hard time looking at themselves considering what they've done/been through.
That's an interesting point. I definitely see that happening in different ways ... like you said, the first scene was Clarke finding it jarring to see her own behaviour and how angry/aggressive she had become in order to survive. And the mirror scene in season 4 ... I see it as her not really recognising the person in the mirror anymore; she's lost so much and has been beaten down by life just like a lot of the characters. So I'd imagine that it's not the easiest thing in the world to stare at herself in the mirror and she probably felt like the girl on the Ark is long gone by now and the horrible things that she's done and what that means in terms of who she's become.

Richard and some other friends with Bowie :

And he has his own IG account now too.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 12-10-2017, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

His own IG account just like Chewie, huh? And unsurprisingly, Ellie does not have an IG account. Her dad doesn’t let her have one.

Well, I’m really interested to rewatch that scene now knowing that she’s seeing herself in a mirror. I just . . . I don’t know why the mirror aspect of that scene never registered with me before. I think I always just thought she was looking around or something.
ICON
Old 12-10-2017, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

Bowie and Uncle Richard

Welcome to this thread Lexi
Do you have any favorite Clarke moments?
Old 12-10-2017, 11:33 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Yes, Clarke noticed herself in the mirror and I think it was the first time she saw her reflection since they landed, so she was shocked to see herself and how much she probably changed and how angry/aggressive she was. As if she didn't recognize herself, at least that's how I always interpreted that scene.
I didn't even notice that that was probably the first time she saw her reflection since arriving on the ground. That definitely makes that a more powerful scene for me
Old 12-10-2017, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

April, Ellie doesn’t have one since her dad doesn’t either. Makes sense.

Bowie looks so teeny there, OMG.

I never noticed the mirror thing in 2x01 ... was focusing more on the Mount Weather reveal probably.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 12-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

X

What do you guys think about this set? I think the wording is powerful, but I don’t know if I necessarily agree with it in the context of this show. (If I’m thinking of other shows, I’m much more inclined to agree.) Regardless of gender, I feel that this show does a pretty good job, for the most part, of holding its characters accountable.
ICON
Old 12-11-2017, 01:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with it, I don't think the show calls men heroes but it's definitely more forgiving towards men than towards women - an example of that would be the way Jasper was shown to react to Clarke and for how long he held a grudge as compared to Monty and Bellamy. Women are also expected to power through their grief and just get over it, I've seen that within the fandom too, especially towards Octavia, calling her a brat, when she lashed out, even though she had every reason to.

Are we watching the Christmas movie on Saturday?

Old 12-11-2017, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the words are accurate, not only within the context of the show, but just within media in general. As Paulina pointed out, Jasper, and to a certain extent Kane and Bellamy, get passes and a lot less vitrol, IMO from the general fandom (not just the fandom, which tends to give a bit more equal weight to morally questionable decisions). I think mainly, though, media as a whole tends to give male characters more passes for things that women are dragged for.

I think it'll be Saturday for most of you, might be Friday for me?

amelia | icon: mel
Old 12-11-2017, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't remember which option we settled on.

Quote:
I think mainly, though, media as a whole tends to give male characters more passes for things that women are dragged for.
I see it so often, considering the new Star Wars around the corner an example would be people criticizing Rey for being too perfect, yet stanning Luke and Anakin.

Old 12-11-2017, 02:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Are we watching the Christmas movie on Saturday?
These were the options for watching together and I think the most of us said that Option 1 is the better one:

9 am for Amelia + others in her time zone, noon for April + others, 6 pm for me, Sonja + others, 1 am for Sarah.

5 pm for Amelia + others in her time zone, 8 pm for April + others, 2 am for me, Sonja + others, 9 am for Sarah.

If Netflix shows the movie in Germany, then I'm ready for watching together with you all on Saturday