Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2019, 10:17 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh, show. You're killing me. Last season you made me hate one of my top characters (Kane), please don't do it again this season (Bellamy). My heart can't take this.

So, Delilah used her feminine charms to get insider information from the handsome but naive man? Sigh. I guess naming him Samson would have been too much of a bonk over the head.

Am I the only one not jumping on the Team Diyoza train? I just can't trust her. Don't know if I ever will.

If they're setting up an ultimate showdown between the two outcomes of Becca's genetic experiments (Commanders vs. Primes)? Well, I'm here for it. Be a hella lot more interesting than Clarke Saves Us All, version 5.0, and Commander Madi is one of the more fascinating characters on this show. Just IMO of course.

I'm sympathetic toward Murphy as a whole, and RH certainly acts the **** out of the role, but I just have a hard time letting go of him pizzing on people in very early S1 when they asked for water. That bothers me a lot more than any character's kill count on this show, because it had nothing to do with survival and everything to do with degrading and humiliating people for no reason.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

Octavia just a killing machine with no reason or rhyme to it?
Old 05-15-2019, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Love you both.-RH
BlueDog9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:57 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIcallYouKate (View Post)
And your point being?

You don't like the writing of this show? You are unhappy with Clarke being the protagonist?
I'm confused.
I thought I had made my point very clear? But yeah, my point is that the writing of Clarke's character is terrible. I think they should have gone with more of a ensemble cast scenario where Clarke could have been the central character without having to always be The One who is leading/making the hard choices/saving the world/having royal blood, etc.
Fuzzy Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Ok but does anyone get the feeling that the people outside the dome that took Octavia are going to turn out to be good? and the people in Sanctum will be bad? that would explain why Bellamy tries to kill Russel in the S6 trailer. And Octavia is now with the people outside the dome so I think that'll play into her redemption arc because this season we'll see Octavia back on the "good side". I just feel this episode tried to make the ones outside the dome look really bad, their creepy costumes and masks etc, but I noticed that they didn't actually kill anyone, they could have but didn't, instead they paralysed them, so that makes me believe they could be good, but they're doing bad things to survive, just like our characters. Anyone agree?
#belizagotmarried

bob| tasya || becks
a little chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

I think the Children of Gabriel are definitely not as bad as the people of Sanctum would like to make them seem.
ICON
April7739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Absolutely agree Becks.

Ratings: 603 “The Children of Gabriel”
This is the final rounded Live + Same Day rating of episode 3 of season 6.
603: 0.3 and 0.818 million viewers
https://the100-news.tumblr.com/post/...ren-of-gabriel

Love you both.-RH
BlueDog9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Also Memori are making me feel things and its confusing, but also that Emori/Raven hug, I love Spackeru ok.
#belizagotmarried

bob| tasya || becks
a little chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:20 PM
Absolute Fan

I haven't read all the theories yet, but who all thinks they'll want to turn Clarke into the vessel for Josephine Lightbourne's soul? Raise your hands.

Fuzzy Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 100

^ Yeah, they’re totally going in that direction. Sigh, I had hoped to see a happy, light Clarke but the scene in the trailer with Clarke twirling while she’s painting is probably Josephine in her body, I reckon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn74 (View Post)

I'm sympathetic toward Murphy as a whole, and RH certainly acts the **** out of the role, but I just have a hard time letting go of him pizzing on people in very early S1 when they asked for water. That bothers me a lot more than any character's kill count on this show, because it had nothing to do with survival and everything to do with degrading and humiliating people for no reason.
I feel the exact same way, this is the main reason why I can’t fully love the character ... no matter how good Richard is in the role. Yes, he’s changed for the better since then, I agree ... but that act alone shows the core of the person he is.
Sarah | tumblr | icon thread | credit
destroyer of worlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
I haven't read all the theories yet, but who all thinks they'll want to turn Clarke into the vessel for Josephine Lightbourne's soul? Raise your hands.

6x03 is my favorite in Season 6 until now. Loved it to learn more about the people in Sanctum and about the Children of Gabriel

Some thoughts about the episode:

The healing Murphy with a snake bite scene was very cool.
I love Echo's understanding and support for Octavia.
Delilah is really a pretty girl. Her scenes with Jordan were very cute. Hope we get more scenes of them.
"Hallowed be her name", "Death is life" and "Death to Primes" might be the Season 6 main quotes.
Love the Diyoza/Madi connection. "It's okay, kid. Stay frosty."
Diyoza is mentioned in the history books together with Hitler and Bin Laden ... She's the only likable mass murderer of these three for me.
I love it that we have a dog in Season 6
Bellamy banishing Octavia was really hard to watch. Why can the hard Blake times not be over soon?
Loved the reactions when Clarke came down the stairs with her dress.
I'm glad that hell's big enough for Murphy and Clarke
Really love the Sanctum set, especially the castle.
Have so many questions about the Children of Gabriel. Do they need the Prime heads for finding a way through the radiation shield? Why do they need 12 heads? Why do they need Rose? I hope Octavia can rescue Rose somehow.
The Raven/Murphy reunion - lol - "You looked better dead."
My feeling says that Octavia will team up with the Children of Gabriel and could become a thing with their leader Xavier

- Sonja -
"There's no starting over without forgiveness, Bellamy."
"Who knows that better than us."
- Echo

Last edited by sonny1; 05-15-2019 at 05:52 PM
sonny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Oh, I forgot to mention that I hated the snake. Snakes freak me out.
ICON
April7739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

A summary: I don't like the idea of Elysium, I personally don't miss Dioysa I personally can't relate to her personality type

Okay this is what was good and bad about the episode

I really hope that Octavia get's back at Bellamy or otherwise I'm gonna have this frustration hanging over me, he poised her and almost killed her, and now he woulden't let her on the ship, I love the show, I love the character, but the script can be illogical, I promise their gonna make this into being Octavias fault aswell, Bellamy knew that exiling Octavia could potentially get her killed all the traps, the people of the sanctum Octavia could have sliced Bellamys throat and then run away, I mean his sending her away to a very potenstial death, and Octavia woulden't kill him, Bellamy is inteding on Octavias death and Octavia doesen't want to kill him which means Octavia is more is rightous but Jason is gonna make it so that Octavia is in the wrong

I really don't like the The Children of Gabriel, they're feasting on a bufé whilst I assume the people at the sectum fight to survive, how can a protagist be capitlaist and but a protagonist can't be homophobic what's the difference? you're making it political by making them that way

Why did Bellamy exile Octavia and complained when she made him fight in the bunker? He killed Cooper, It's not Octavia who's died Bellamy it's you, Bellamy willl never ever ever ever ever be forgiven Octavia wanted peace in season 4 and Dioysa betrayed them, she threatend that anyone who tries to get to the valley will be be met by overwhelming force and the camera zoomed in at the lazer bazooka meaning anyone who tries to get to the valley will be shot by the lazer bazooka, and you Bellamy wanted to take her people there?

Besides the fact that Chris Argent feast on bufes whilst the people in the sanctum are fighting to survive, I really like his wife personality wise

Something else that I picked upon on was that all the bad guys in this episode was black, whilst the good guard was blonde, it's just something I picked up on, especially when they're making capitalists into "good" guys

Hopefully Octavia joins the sanctum I really feel like they're nice people

I really don't like that Clarke ****s on Murphy and Jordan =(

Last edited by adam23089; 05-15-2019 at 05:57 PM
adam23089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 06:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

On Clarke/leadership: I somewhat agree with the criticism that the writers are really forcing things to create situations that put Clarke in the hot seat. Obviously all shows do this to some extent with their protagonists (people conveniently get murdered every week in the vicinity of a main character on a detective show, etc) but if the show's well written it shouldn't feel unbelievable or like they're straining to make things happen.

On the other hand, Clarke's leadership isn't purely situational. It's not just a result of what she's done recently, it's a result of who she is. And there the show has I think done a great job of consistently presenting her as a character with innate leadership qualities: She steps up in hard moments when others are silent. She thinks ahead when others are just caught up in the moment. And, except for last season, she works for the good of the whole group, not her own selfish interests. Her leadership qualities have been recognized by other leaders: Lexa, Roan, now Russell. This, in my view has been well and consistently established throughout the whole series. I'm really excited to see how things develop this season now that Clarke is determined to be not just the protagonist but a "good guy."

Also re good guys and bad guys, I agree that the Children of Gabriel are going to end up being the better group on Sanctum. I hope Russell and crew don't turn out to be as fully evil as the Mountain Men, and also that this season doesn't end with our gang (ahem, Clarke) destroying their entire civilization.
BrooklynFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I thought I had made my point very clear? But yeah, my point is that the writing of Clarke's character is terrible. I think they should have gone with more of a ensemble cast scenario where Clarke could have been the central character without having to always be The One who is leading/making the hard choices/saving the world/having royal blood, etc.

And to me, there is no point discussing this at all. There is a difference between watching a show and taking what's on your screen, and then analysing the hell out of it, speculating, figuring out character motivations and all that.

And then there is saying I don't like this, I don't like that, the premise of the show is stupid, they should make character xyz the leader instead, the writers suck.

Now where's the fun in that?

Becks

Quote:
Ok but does anyone get the feeling that the people outside the dome that took Octavia are going to turn out to be good? and the people in Sanctum will be bad?
Yes

Definitely the vibes I got as well. This being THE 100 and all, nobody will turn out really bad or really good, but yes, I think we will come to understand and maybe "side with" the CoG

Taryn
Quote:
If they're setting up an ultimate showdown between the two outcomes of Becca's genetic experiments (Commanders vs. Primes)? Well, I'm here for it. Be a hella lot more interesting than Clarke Saves Us All, version 5.0, and Commander Madi is one of the more fascinating characters on this show. Just IMO of course.
I am so here for that as well

Quote:

Sonja

Quote:
"Hallowed be her name", "Death is life" and "Death to Primes" might be the Season 6 main quotes.
Those phrases were a. creepy AF b. I got "The Handmaid's Tale" vibes from those scenes :O

Quote:
Why do they need 12 heads?
I must have totally missed that

Brooklyn
Quote:
On the other hand, Clarke's leadership isn't purely situational. It's not just a result of what she's done recently, it's a result of who she is. And there the show has I think done a great job of consistently presenting her as a character with innate leadership qualities: She steps up in hard moments when others are silent. She thinks ahead when others are just caught up in the moment. And, except for last season, she works for the good of the whole group, not her own selfish interests. Her leadership qualities have been recognized by other leaders: Lexa, Roan, now Russell. This, in my view has been well and consistently established throughout the whole series. I'm really excited to see how things develop this season now that Clarke is determined to be not just the protagonist but a "good guy."
This ^

I couldn't agree more.
To me, Clarke as a leader is not merely a balance sheet of her "good" choices or deeds and her "bad" ones. Throughout the seasons, she has been shown to take on the responsibility, the tough decisions, the guilt. Sadly, more often than not, she gets the blame and the criticism (mind you, I'm not saying some of it wasn't deserved) but usually by people who have not been offering to do her job (looking at you here, Raven). Also a lot of the criticism throughout the seasons has been made with the benefit of hindsight, a luxury not awarded to the one who has to make a choice in the moment. In politics, being the opposition party is an important role, but criticizing is easier than DOING. I even feel the show has done a decent job to drive this point home, especially for Raven and Octavia for example. It's hard being in charge. Mistakes are made, sometimes with horrific consequences. Seems to me that criticism flows freely but when the **** hits the fan, these people look to Clarke to come up with a "save them all" plan (only to then swiftly blame her for whatever she decided).

I know a lot of people feel Bellamy would make the better leader now. I disagree somewhat. As much as I love this character, I have to wonder what great life-or-death-decisions he had to make in those 6 years up in space? I get that spacekru has forged a bond during that time and that they look up to Bellamy but when was the last time Bellamy made consequential decisions affecting the lives of many? And how did that go?
I'd wager that the most impactful times in these people's lives happened during the time that Clarke was their (official or unofficial) leader.

And I really think that if Bellamy and Clarke make decisions together, the outcome generally is better. And no, I'm not saying that because I ship them, but I because I really think they balance out each other's worst instincts.

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon

Last edited by CanIcallYouKate; 05-16-2019 at 02:40 AM Reason: typo
CanIcallYouKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top