Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2016, 10:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent mayhem (View Post)
I'm not entirely convinced what Bellamy and Clarke feel for each other is romantic just yet and maybe they don't realise it themselves ... but it's clear that it is some form of love/intense caring at this point and it's beautiful to watch.
Words right out of my mouth. I just don't see either of them thinking in romantic terms yet. They most definitely love each other. But in love? Not yet. And I prefer it that way for now. There is something very pure and simple about how much they care for each other.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent mayhem (View Post)

I'm not entirely convinced what Bellamy and Clarke feel for each other is romantic just yet and maybe they don't realise it themselves ... but it's clear that it is some form of love/intense caring at this point and it's beautiful to watch.
I am! At least on Bellamy's part. What I do believe though is that he was pretty oblivious to it. At least until last night. The fact that the lenghts he'd go for her surprised him and that it crushes him to think he can't get her back, it speaks for itself. This is the moment where he realised that what he feels for her might go deeper than what he thought all this time. So far the only person he''d go to the end of the earth for is Octavia. But last night, it hits him that there is someone else for who he'll do the same...and it's Clarke. The way he losed his ****? You don't do that if you don't love that person BADLY. Whether it's romantic or not, of course. Personally, the only person I'd go crazy for are my family and my boyfriend /girlfriend.

What I'm trying to say is that this is a couple we've been shippping for almost 3 years now, we've seen things that people didn't see, we've stayed super strong for our pairing and until last night we all thought we'd get cute moment that we could have interpreted but nothing really change in their relationship....but last night, I got the same feeling I had while watching 2.09, I saw a change! Step by step we're reaching the point to a romantic relationship. It's not 100% done yet, but it will. I really believe that we'll get there once Clarke is finally healed, has finaly joined her people and can't let herself love and be loved. And when she does...Bellamy will be there.

This is Bellamy and Clarke, their love will still pretty much be pure once they're together. As I've said before, if Jason has a plan (like he says) and that the story was always going to go htere, then he must start showing that feelings are developing. And I believe we got a little of that yesterday.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 01-30-2016, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
same here. I do think Bellamy has feelings for Clarke, more romantic than she does at this point maybe, but anyway nobody can deny they care for each other *a lot* or they wouldn't act that way.

I'm really happy that scene was in the episode. I know a lot of people would have prefered he actually rescued her but since they needed him not to, it was great that they threw us a bone in term of characterization for those two.
If it is meant to be romantic in any way, I agree with the bolded parts. Boy is in DEEP. If BC aren't happening, someone has to tell Bob that.

Same, I just hope it's not fanbait from Jason and co because there'll be **** to pay if it is. Bellarke shippers have been super patient I have to say (I'm not talking about the crazies on other social media though) and it's not right to string us along if he isn't going to make them a viable end game ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
I completely agree with what you said- he himself didn't even realize what he would do to protect her, to get her back. and that line in the script was just perfection. It was honestly everything we saw play out on screen. He could not sit for a minute- he was on and ready to do whatever it took And god that moment when he saw her...when have we ever seen Bellamy smile that big other than with Octavia? It was such such a genuine , big smile....god I was such a mess while watching
Nothing better than to see the feelings being played out plain and clear onscreen, instead of the characters saying it in words. BC have always been subtle that way, it's the little nuances and touches and their facial expressions and the way they just have each others' backs ALWAYS that make them so engaging to watch. And that smile GAH ... he is rarely that genuinely happy because of course people trying to constantly kill him/his people and all. So it's just beautiful to see him experience such pure joy/relief when he sees her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
Words right out of my mouth. I just don't see either of them thinking in romantic terms yet. They most definitely love each other. But in love? Not yet. And I prefer it that way for now. There is something very pure and simple about how much they care for each other.
THIS, it's just amazing to watch. I'm SO SO glad Bob/Eliza got casted because no one can manufacture that kind of chemistry and the level of acting these two do around each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
I am! At least on Bellamy's part. What I do believe though is that he was pretty oblivious to it. At least until last night. The fact that the lenghts he'd go for her surprised him and that it crushes him to think he can't get her back, it speaks for itself. This is the moment where he realised that what he feels for her might go deeper than what he thought all this time. So far the only person he''d go to the end of the earth for is Octavia. But last night, it hits him that there is someone else for who he'll do the same...and it's Clarke. The way he losed his ****? You don't do that if you don't love that person BADLY. Whether it's romantic or not, of course. Personally, the only person I'd go crazy for are my family and my boyfriend /girlfriend.

What I'm trying to say is that this is a couple we've been shipping for almost 3 years now, we've seen things that people didn't see, we've stayed super strong for our pairing and until last night we all thought we'd get cute moment that we could have interpreted but nothing really change in their relationship....but last night, I got the same feeling I had while watching 2.09, I saw a change! Step by step we're reaching the point to a romantic relationship. It's not 100% done yet, but it will. I really believe that we'll get there once Clarke is finally healed, has finally joined her people and can't let herself love and be loved. And when she does...Bellamy will be there.

This is Bellamy and Clarke, their love will still pretty much be pure once they're together. As I've said before, if Jason has a plan (like he says) and that the story was always going to go htere, then he must start showing that feelings are developing. And I believe we got a little of that yesterday.
I definitely agree that there's a shift in their dynamics and it's even deeper than before and FOR SURE they love each other (even Jason acknowledges that, he just doesn't agree it's going to be of a romantic nature ) ... things on the ground haven't exactly been conducive for the people to think about romantic relationships (on a long term basis) just yet which is why I agree with the last bolded bits. Even if Bellamy is aware of his depth of feelings/care when it comes to Clarke, I think he'll still be in denial for a while and/or try to brush it off as feelings for Clarke as his confidant/co-leader/ally etc. But I have no doubt that they'll get there one day ... I think the realisation will ultimately hit them in the face (finally) , but that it's not the right time just yet.

Another review which praises BC:

Quote:
First of all we have to address the amazing reunions that took place in this episode. Highlighted part is probably Clarke seeing both Bellamy and Lexa again. Her reactions to both of these reunions are very different, and the events leading up to them as well. Throughout the episode, Bellamy ignored orders and tried to do everything he could to find Clarke, even risking his own life while doing it. Clarke also had some badass moments, trying to get away from Roan, and when Bellamy came to get her out of there, she pleaded for his life. If this episode wasn't able to convince you that Clarke and Bellamy care deeply for one another, then I don't know what will. Their connection is bigger than platonically or romantically. These two people need each other in their lives, and they would do anything for one another. And I am absolutely all for that.
Source

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 01-30-2016 at 08:50 AM
Old 01-30-2016, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
There is a violent contrast between Bellamy circa Part 1 and Bellamy circa Part 2.
In Part 1, he’s subdued; his friends laugh but he smiles; they sing but he stays silent. He kisses his girlfriend but it’s perfunctory and passionless; he thanks her for a truly thoughtful gift that should pack an emotional punch, but it’s like he doesn’t even compute that she’s supposed to make him feel something.
In Part 2, he is bubbling over with emotion. Like a dam broke, or a switch flicked. He shouts, he cries, he smiles a few real smiles. He’s driven, fierce, afraid, devastated. For a short moment, he is happy.
And the catalyst for that change was Clarke.
The episodes are bookends, so it gives the illusion both mindsets are equal in their reactivity to the events contained by them. But Bellamy has been numb for months.
He’s been forcing himself not to think of her for months, because it wouldn’t do any good; it wouldn’t bring her back. He’s furious with her, but he can’t be angry, not while he’s looking after these kids, so he tamps it down. He’s frantic with worry, but he can’t be that either or he’ll go to pieces and there are people he needs to be whole for. He is exhausted without her to lean on but maybe if he pretends he never had a partner his heart will stop expecting one. He misses her, but thinking about her only makes it worse, so he throws a wall up against every thought that touches her; and if the negative space in his chest is shaped like her, he just won’t look at it.
Hearing she’s in danger is like being submerged in ice, but at the same time – he’s been waiting for so long for this. Not just to see Clarke, to be with her again – but for her absence to be a thing he can let himself feel. Part 2 is the first time he can talk about Clarke, and think about her, and be an active force in the timeline of their reunion and in making sure she’s okay. The second a situation arises where it’s acceptable for him to do all that, Bellamy basically explodes. The world was grey and it lit up into screaming colour just because Clarke was on the horizon again.
It’s notable that Pike’s first words to him are a compliment to Clarke (he could not have started on a better foot and he didn’t even know it). Bellamy’s goofy smile is a direct response to this. He itches with impatience – ‘I hate to cut this short, but…’ and fraught with anxious energy; he catches a glimpse of Clarke and tries to run across a field of enemy warriors to get to her. He is hyper-aware of every inch of distance that grows (‘We’re losing her’). Even while they’re hiding in a cave he sits right at the mouth of it, as close to Clarke has he can get. And then he disobeys orders and marches through a swarm of Azgeda to track Clarke, alone; into an unknown underground wreckage, on the chance she might be there. And then he sees her hand.
That’s it. Just her hand, tied behind her, and you can hear Bellamy’s heart stop. The look on his face… this episode was a smorgasboard of gorgeous Clarke-related Bellamy facial expressions, but this one is a fierce contender for cream of the crop. He seems, quite honestly, kind of terrified to let himself believe this is real. And when he runs over and finally sees her again, I swear to God, I don’t remember another time he looked that happy. Bellamy Blake is a fox and he looks hot all the damn time but this is the only time he’s looked sweet. The way he touches her face is reverent. His voice is melting. For a tiny moment the world makes a little bit of sense again.
And then it disappears, and he hears her beg for his life at what they both think will the price of hers, because they think her giving up the fight is to go to her death. Her abductor stabs him and knocks him out, and then at some point Bellamy wakes up on the ground, bleeding and alone, and Clarke is gone again.
He must feel so guilty, thinking she’s letting herself be marched to her death to protect him; all he wanted was to save her, and he thinks he ruined even the chance she had to save herself. Damn right he staggers through those woods with blood pouring out of his leg. ‘So what? We give up? Let him kill her?’ I seriously think Roan could have cut off his leg and he’d still want to keep going. ‘We can’t lose her…’ he yells it once, enraged, and then says it quietly, pleading. Bellamy so rarely lets himself be vulnerable in front of the 100 but this is a plea he makes to Monty because he needs Monty to promise they’ll get her back the same way a kid needs their parent to promise everything will be okay. That’s how deep the need to protect Clarke goes. It is quite literally in his blood.
Tl;dr Platonic my ass.
Novagish — Bellarke 3x02 (Wanheda Part 2): Bellamy’s...

I couldn't agree more with this person on Bellamy's state of ming and what we saw in the premiere and now now in this week episode. It's like you said Sarah, those two people can't "function" without each other. They've come to depend so much on each other that when they're apart...well it just falls apart

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 01-30-2016, 10:00 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for that review quote Sarah! Ummm....how much do I love:

Quote:
Their connection is bigger than platonically or romantically.
THIS is what I've been saying. I've never quite shipped these two in a traditional manner. In that while I certainly like the idea of romance between these two I also feel like romance doesn't do them justice. I find it difficult to explain, but their bond is deep and the level on which they've connected makes a romance seem trite.

And I'm becoming more and more excited for a true reunion. To see these two working together side by side again will be awesome as they've each been meandering without their other half these past few months.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

and I also agree with you Kenni. What they have is so much more than being friends or being lovers. It's out of this world really. I have lots of complains about the show but I will always think and say that Bellarke have the most well written relationship on the show...no matter what.

Gosh, I want to see them reunited too...and for good this time! It's been so long and we see that being apart doesn't work that well for them.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 01-30-2016, 10:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
THIS is what I've been saying. I've never quite shipped these two in a traditional manner. In that while I certainly like the idea of romance between these two I also feel like romance doesn't do them justice. I find it difficult to explain, but their bond is deep and the level on which they've connected makes a romance seem trite.
Quote:
What they have is so much more than being friends or being lovers. It's out of this world really. I have lots of complains about the show but I will always think and say that Bellarke have the most well written relationship on the show...no matter what
I COMPLETELY completely agree with you. I also find it hard to explain- their connection is just so incredibly deep and so powerful. I haven't seen anything like this before. Even when they *hated* each other, they still worked together and just worked around each other. Even then, there was this inherent "I can trust this person completely no matter how big of an ass". which I why I believe this has grown into love- especially on Bellamy's side. He doesn't know it but his actions speak louder than his words.

The critics who saw the screeners are saying that next week's episode is going to be heartbreaking and my mind is going all over the place because we literally have no idea what to expect
Old 01-30-2016, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
I COMPLETELY completely agree with you. I also find it hard to explain- their connection is just so incredibly deep and so powerful. I haven't seen anything like this before. Even when they *hated* each other, they still worked together and just worked around each other. Even then, there was this inherent "I can trust this person completely no matter how big of an ass". which I why I believe this has grown into love- especially on Bellamy's side. He doesn't know it but his actions speak louder than his words.

The critics who saw the screeners are saying that next week's episode is going to be heartbreaking and my mind is going all over the place because we literally have no idea what to expect
Exactly. It's the first time that I have to deal with that kind of extremely deep relationship. I've shipped before, I've seen amazing pairings but this one...out of this world!
Bellamy is already in too deep in this. I loved that we got part of the script for episode 2 cause that line where Bellamy is surprised by the lenghts he'd go to for Clarke...for me works as a confirmation that he is becoming slowly aware of what he's starting to feel for Clarke. Does that even make sense?

Yeah, next week is gonna be tough on oour side guys

By the way, while looking on tumblr, I saw that quite a few fans of Teen Wolf had started to watch the show and are becoming Bellarke shippers most of them are Stydia fans, so that makes sense. LOL

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 01-30-2016, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I think their moment in the finale of 2 is when Bellamy started to reevaluate his feelings for her. For as crazy as this sounds, it might even be why he has a current GF right now. People do that all the time, they have romantic feelings for someone they cannot act on so they try and find someone else to sort of fill the void but it never works. I did see romantic feelings in that scene when he tries to rescue her. It was written all over his face and when he touched her hair/face. Definite foreshadowing for these two.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I think their moment in the finale of 2 is when Bellamy started to reevaluate his feelings for her. For as crazy as this sounds, it might even be why he has a current GF right now. People do that all the time, they have romantic feelings for someone they cannot act on so they try and find someone else to sort of fill the void but it never works. I did see romantic feelings in that scene when he tries to rescue her. It was written all over his face and when he touched her hair/face. Definite foreshadowing for these two.
To me their scene was the cherry on top of the cake. But the way he acted and him losing his **** during the entire episode was the confirmation that I needed. Even thought I always suspected it. I mean, let's be honest, we've said tons of times that Bellamy would do the same for any of the delinquants, but he would NEVER react the way he did in this week episode. Ever!

By the way, I'm all reunions, EMOTIONAL reunion but I've kinda had enough now. Bellamy and Clarke have spend more time apart than together. I want them reunited FOR GOOD!

Guys, how do you think the relationship between Bellamy and Gina will go from now on? Especially after 3.02!

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 01-30-2016, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

just fyi, Jason is doing a short Q/A right now on his twitter!
Old 01-30-2016, 01:32 PM
New Fan

Interesting discussion about Bellarke as platonic versus romantic. I see it as a short term versus long term issue.

Up until this point in the narrative, I agree that their relationship could fairly be described as a (very deep and heartfelt) platonic relationship. But, the arc of their overall, long term relationship clearly aims towards romance.

So even though every "Moment" between them may not technically be categorized as a romantic moment, the overall movement of their relationship IS very romantic.

I do, however, think that there is recent evidence Bellamy's feelings are changing.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by torturedbobcat; 01-30-2016 at 01:39 PM
Old 01-30-2016, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by torturedbobcat (View Post)
Interesting discussion about Bellarke as platonic versus romantic. I see it as short term versus long term issue.

Up into this point in the narrative, I agree that their relationship could fairly be described as a (very deep and heartfelt) platonic relationship. But, the arc of their overall, long term relationship clearly aims towards romance.

So even though every "Moment" between them may not technically categorized as a romantic moment, the overall movement of their relationship IS very romantic.

I do, however, think that there is recent evidence Bellamy's feelings changing.

Just my two cents.
I actually agree with you. The natural progression of their relationship lead them towards an eventual romance. Sure, they could stay just like this for the run of the show but would it be believable? I'm not sure. Not with the way they're written it so far (whether it was intentional or not). I do believe that lasting relationship are based on friendship but there is something to Bellarke. Something that I can't quite described because like I've said this is the first time I have to deal with that kind of pairing.

It's fate.It's destiny.Look, we both like burritos

^^look at this. What a progression from season 1 to season 3. At this rate, season 4 will really be Bellarke's season

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 01-30-2016, 03:10 PM
Extreme Fan

^ I love seeing parallels from earlier seasons; it just warms the heart.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

Hey everyone!
I started watching this show last week and am all caught up now! It started off kind of slow for me, but what kept me going in the early episodes was Clarke and Bellamy. As the show progressed, I watched for other reasons, but I still adore these two. They have such great chemistry and I'd love for their relationship to move past friendship this season.