Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-13-2015, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~-Sarah-~ (View Post)
Clarke needs someone like Bellamy who can ground her if she loses perspective on the human elements on her/their decisions and Bellamy needs someone who sees the whole picture and makes decisions based on that and that is Clarke to a fault.
This is why I hope they don't stay apart too long next season And if they do, I hope it just allows them to grow as characters even more, so that when they do meet again they're both in a good place.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I really like that it's shown that they're equals in every sense of the word. They are protective of each other, which I love, but at the end of the day, they're perfectly able to take care of themselves. I love that there's no unhealthy co-dependency dynamics that I see so often in TV shows.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 03-13-2015, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~-Sarah-~ (View Post)
Yeah I really like that it's shown that they're equals in every sense of the word. They are protective of each other, which I love, but at the end of the day, they're perfectly able to take care of themselves. I love that there's no unhealthy co-dependency dynamics that I see so often in TV shows.
thissss.
together.” || adam conantcassie blake

Sara | tumblr
Old 03-13-2015, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder how Abby is going to react when she finds out Clarke left.
I hope Bellamy forms a team to go find her

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 03-13-2015, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

their will probably be a timejump, which sucks cause i wanna see everyone find out, hmm maybe flashbacks?

Sara | tumblr
Old 03-13-2015, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was also wondering if people know now that Finn died...another topic, I know

Old 03-13-2015, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

like jasper and monty and octavia?

Sara | tumblr
Fan Forum Star

oh maybe by a couple of weeks or something

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by like a perfect storm (View Post)
like jasper and monty and octavia?
Yeah! I mean they showed us that little scene between Bell and Jasper which was sad. I guess they'll learn off camera and everyone moves along.

Old 03-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

i wish we could've seen it but yeah probably.

Sara | tumblr
Old 03-13-2015, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I wasn't a fan of Finn but I imagine that they should show everyone finding out about his death. They would definitely notice his absence, after all. /OT

Another good read:

Quote:
I know some people are worried that Bellamy will have a hard time on his own now that Clarke is gone, but the thing is… I’m not that worried? I think Bellamy will be fine actually.

It goes back to this thing of them being “the head and the heart”. They’ve both done some terrible things over the course of the show, but the difference is that Clarke tries to console herself about those things by rationalising them as necessary and logical. Whereas Bellamy is much more emotional in the way he deals with what he’s done.

Killing Finn; letting the missile drop on TonDC; irradiating level 5… at every turn, Clarke deals with those things by telling herself they were necessary. She rationalises them in terms of what would have happened if she didn’t do them. By the end of season 2, she’s got to that point where she can’t rationalise them anymore. It’s become too much. Too many people died and she did too many terrible things, and she can no longer tell herself she made the only logical, sensible, rational choice she could in those circumstances.

But for Bellamy… Bellamy never dealt with things in this way. He isn’t a character who relies on rationality, or makes himself feel better by telling himself his choices were sensible or smart. Bellamy is an emotional decision maker, and that also means he deals with the negative outcomes of his decisions in an emotional way as well.

For Bellamy, it is all about Octavia. “My sister, my responsibility” - he has lived by that motto since he was six years old. ANYTHING is worth it if it keeps Octavia safe. NOTHING in the world is more important to him than Octavia, and if it comes down to a choice between Octavia and letting other people die, he will ALWAYS choose Octavia.

That’s not a rational decision-making process. When Bellamy shot Jaha way back in season 1, that was about as far away from a rational decision as it’s possible to get. But for Bellamy, it was worth it, because it meant seeing Octavia again and being with her on the ground. Yes, Bellamy felt bad about doing that. And he had some pretty terrifying hallucinations about it. But ultimately he’s able to be at peace with it, and it’s mainly because of his tendency that Clarke notices early on: “You always did what you had to do to protect your sister. That’s who you are.”

The difference between Bellamy in season 1 and Bellamy now is that the sphere of his protection has expanded to include all the delinquent kids. “My sister, my responsibility” has become “My kids, my responsibility”. He has become the protective older brother to all of them.

Bellamy is loyal. He’s loyal to a fault sometimes, and certainly there’s some negative aspects of his protective nature that the show addressed in season 1. But it’s also one of his major strengths. He is loyal to these kids. They are his family now. He will defy whoever he has to in the name of protecting them (”If your mom doesn’t sanction a mission soon, I’m going by myself.”) He shot two guards in the head, execution style, to save Fox’s life. Bellamy’s loyalty to the people he cares about would be terrifying if he didn’t care about so many people, including people he’s only ever met once whilst in a cage (”I told you I’d come back for you.”) or people like Maya and her dad.

Bellamy tries to do the right thing and he tries to save the innocent. But at the end of the day, if it ultimately comes down to a choice between his people - his sister included - and an enemy that wants to turn them into human blood bags, his people will always come first. His sister before anyone else. His people before anyone else. Bellamy knows that Mount Weather is never going to stop, and he makes the choice to save his own found-family at the cost of killing everyone in the mountain.

Clarke made that same choice, of course. It was a decision they took together. But the difference is for Clarke that choice was rational, based on a sense of duty towards the kids who look up to her as a leader. She cares for them, of course - but she also cared for Finn, and look what she did there. She cares - but her decisions revolve around rationalisations. Whereas for Bellamy, he cares and that’s it. That’s the decision. “My sister, my responsibility.” … “I will never let anything happen to you.” And if he has to climb over a mountain of dead bodies to set his people free, he will do that.

I do think Bellamy will feel bad about the Mountain Men - of course. He can’t not. Bellamy cares aggressively about practically everyone he meets, sooner or later. He saw the little kids in the school and he cared about Maya and her dad and his heart will be heavy with the weight of what he did. But he will bear it. Because for Bellamy, seeing their faces every day will not be a painful reminder of what he did to get them there. It will be a reminder that it was worth it.

He made that hard choice for them, and he knows it wasn’t ‘rational’ or ‘logical’ but to Bellamy that doesn’t matter. It has never mattered that his decisions have no rational basis. He can sit with that and be okay with that, because he will see Octavia’s face as she smiles and kisses Lincoln, and he will see Raven sassing and snarking away in the engineering room, and he will see Miller and Monty awkwardly flirting, and he will see Harper and Monroe and Kane and Abby and all the other people he saved living their lives and being happy, and he will know that it was worth it. That is the major difference between him and Clarke. Seeing them everyday and being able to watch them and love them and protect them - that is healing for Bellamy. That is how he will get over what they had to do.

Bellamy is the heart. And the heart can be okay with things that the head cannot rationalise.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 03-13-2015, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, I mean it would have been nice to see their reactions but really would have served no purpose to the story at that point.

when clarke does that thing where she buries her face in bellamy’s shoulder
x

x

Old 03-13-2015, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah, there was more stories to focus on.

she always does it, it's HER thing!

gorgeous.

Sara | tumblr
Old 03-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

that review

these two

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 03-13-2015, 08:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks Sarah for that review. I hadn't thought about how "Bellamy is the heart and Clarke is the brain" fits into how they would process what they've done. But it works and is so true.

MiniElky the way Clarke buries her face in his shoulder makes me think she's smelling him. That sounds so creepy, but it's not! Smell is connected to memory and emotion and that makes it very powerful. My father lives 700 miles away, so when I do get to see him I love to smell him. It's comforting to me. Hell, several months ago we changed hand soaps at work and the new one reminded me of my father. My coworker couldn't stop laughing at me smelling my hands all day. Anyway, I like to think that Bellamy's smell is comforting to Clarke and something she wants to keep with her.