Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2014, 12:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

I might be in the minority but I enjoyed this episode on the whole.

I didn't like the Finn parts, mainly because I don't think he ever actually took responsibility for what he did. He was mainly defensive with the explanation of "it was an accident" or "it's war" which sounds like he's justifying and not actually acknowledging the gravity of his actions. Although maybe that's the point and why it's hard to watch.

I have a feeling when he realises the grounders want blood in payment for what he did it might finally sink in that he royally screwed everyone over.

Liked the Bellamy and Octavia scenes and Bellamy/Clarke got a solid scene so I have nothing to really complain about!
Old 12-04-2014, 01:15 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
I wasn't expecting anything for this episode. But what's happening with Finn right now is just not okay with me, I fail to undertand it and Jason isn't helping.

Even the Blakes scenes did nothing to me.

The only good thing was Jaha being back with the others.
Sucks that you don't seem to be enjoying it very much..

I must be the only one who was rooting for Kane to come out on top.. I like Jaha but I also have a personal gripe with the actor so maybe thats why I can't totally be on board with his character…

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules166 (View Post)
Best scene of the episode!

I LOVE their loyalty and trust with each other. Just always having each others' backs. In all situations!

source:
be my shelter & i'll be your storm
I liked this scene too… It was nice and although nothing romantically inclined it was good to see them working on a plan together and supporting each other, as always if nothing else we can always count on that..

I do however agree with another posters comment about them trying too hard to make it look platonic. It seems more unnatural than just letting their chemistry flow..

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 12-04-2014, 01:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Didint like the ep, overall it was a big let down, for me. Wish i could be with you all who like the ep!

I like: Blakes and Linconl. (my fave part)
Jaha and Kane.
Lexa or Anya 2.0

Dislike: Voldemort.
Abby and Clarke.
Everyone treating Voldemort lightly
The epic love story

Not really impress with Bellarke scene, unfortunately.

Last edited by Mar_1; 12-04-2014 at 01:53 AM
Old 12-04-2014, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked it, but nothing unbelievably exciting happened compared to last week so maybe that's why we're feeling meh. Also, having Finn shoved in our faces as someone who's allowed to just massacre people them roam around freely, is not cool.

I liked the Blake sibling scenes, poor Lincoln I feel like either Jaha or Kane will go, not sure which but I can't see them both lasting forever.

And there were no Bellarke scenes, well for me anyway because stupid Survivor ran long and I missed whatever the heck they were talking about at the very beginning of the episode!

Old 12-04-2014, 07:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
I do however agree with another posters comment about them trying too hard to make it look platonic. It seems more unnatural than just letting their chemistry flow..
I totally agree. I have a feeling JR is going to screw up the best thing about this show (Bellarke) in his determination to force Flarke.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Wait are flarke cannon now or r they just friends
Old 12-04-2014, 09:10 AM
Total Fan

We could always have the discussion of the new episode in the episode discussion thread. It drives me crazy having to jump back and forth between three or four threads to keep up with basically one conversation.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nianfan1 (View Post)
Wait are flarke cannon now or r they just friends
In Jason head they are cannon. Always have been, and probably we always be...
Old 12-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Passionate Fan

While I certainly would have liked more Bellarke scenes, I'm also satisfied with what we did get. Unlike some others, I did feel their scene was natural. It showed they are still on the same page and that getting the 47 out of Mt Weather is top priority. For both of them. And they support each other.

I also appreciate that Bellamy left Clarke and Finn to talk. He knows there is much unresolved there and that he needed to give them space. Plus, it was awkward as hell.

And when Bellamy and Octavia went off on their own? Clarke knew exactly what they were up to. I like these small ways the writers let us know there is more going on than just what we see. And I liked that Abby immediately knew that Clarke knew.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyCat (View Post)
I totally agree. I have a feeling JR is going to screw up the best thing about this show (Bellarke) in his determination to force Flarke.
Yeah I can just see him on set or before they film and start pushing them to pull back a little bit… Its stupid b/c its going to cost him at the end of the day…

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 12-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
While I certainly would have liked more Bellarke scenes, I'm also satisfied with what we did get. Unlike some others, I did feel their scene was natural. It showed they are still on the same page and that getting the 47 out of Mt Weather is top priority. For both of them. And they support each other.

I also appreciate that Bellamy left Clarke and Finn to talk. He knows there is much unresolved there and that he needed to give them space. Plus, it was awkward as hell.

And when Bellamy and Octavia went off on their own? Clarke knew exactly what they were up to. I like these small ways the writers let us know there is more going on than just what we see. And I liked that Abby immediately knew that Clarke knew.
I agree. I thought Bellarke's relationship was spot on this episode. Their goals at this point are perfectly aligned. The most important thing to both of them is to get their people out of Mount Weather, which is a straight up continuation of what they were doing in season 1. They work together to protect the group.

And yeah, he was pretty smooth getting up to leave Clarke and Finn alone. However! Somebody mentioned this in the episode and I will just echo/agree with them here: "The next round's on me" was a ridiculous line! It immediately pulled me out the scene because I started wondering if Camp Jaha has already set up some sort of money system or if they're just kinda pretending like with Monopoly money or something to make themselves feel more normal. I had always assumed that the Ark would necessarily be a sort of commune with a trade and barter economy and that money was irrelevant to them, so it felt so wrong hearing Bellamy say that.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
I agree. I thought Bellarke's relationship was spot on this episode. Their goals at this point are perfectly aligned. The most important thing to both of them is to get their people out of Mount Weather, which is a straight up continuation of what they were doing in season 1. They work together to protect the group.

And yeah, he was pretty smooth getting up to leave Clarke and Finn alone. However! Somebody mentioned this in the episode and I will just echo/agree with them here: "The next round's on me" was a ridiculous line! It immediately pulled me out the scene because I started wondering if Camp Jaha has already set up some sort of money system or if they're just kinda pretending like with Monopoly money or something to make themselves feel more normal. I had always assumed that the Ark would necessarily be a sort of commune with a trade and barter economy and that money was irrelevant to them, so it felt so wrong hearing Bellamy say that.
Maybe Bellamy was being sarcastic. That's how I took the line anyway.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

I enjoyed the Bellarke scene a whole lot.

And they needed to air the Clarke/Finn stuff out.

Next episode will focus more on Bellamy and Clarke according to the press release! So YAY!!!!

I think Finn/Clarke pretty much ended in episode 6 with him saying that she doesn't look at him the same way. Yes, Clarke might understand and even forgive him...I think that's what Jason will do, but she won't be with Finn anymore.

Yes, the episode could have been more interesting. But the writers needed to put a clear end point of the Finn/Clarke stuff. They couldn't just let them linger.

I enjoyed how easily Clarke opened up to Bellamy. She told him that she hadn't spoken to Finn because she doesn't know what to say...And also said, "He just kept shooting" in a truly vulnerable way.

Love that Clarke knew exactly where Bellamy and Octavia were and what they were doing. There is complete trust here.

And I LOVE that after the fog, Clarke immediately asks her mom where Bellamy/Octavia are.

Also, props to Bellamy for doing everything possible NOT to kill Lincoln. That's who he is now. He didn't want to hurt his sis. And killing is not the answer at this point for Bellamy in any given situation if he can avoid it. That's Clarke's influence.

I LOVED the "Next round's on me" line! LOVED IT! They're drinking buddies now!

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 12-04-2014, 05:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Yea i actually liked Bellamy's "next round is on me" line! I thought it was cute and I enjoyed how at ease they were with each other and discussing things so openly. They're definitely each other's confidante.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 12-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyCat (View Post)
Maybe Bellamy was being sarcastic. That's how I took the line anyway.
No, I mean like... how would he even know that phrase if he's been living in a society without money for his entire life. Anyway, it was distracting for me. I kinda wish the show in general would have tried to update their slang and stuff to reflect the passage of time and their circumstances beyond just them using the word "floated" differently.