Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-27-2014, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

All of this talk is depressing and I completely disagree with most of you.

Also I was a fan of BSG and comparing Lee/Kara to Bellamy/Clarke is like comparing Sonic the hedgehog to Spongebob.

The show is not BSG (thanks to the CW) and it certainly has nothing to do with Game of Thrones.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 10-27-2014, 11:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
All of this talk is depressing and I completely disagree with most of you.

Also I was a fan of BSG and comparing Lee/Kara to Bellamy/Clarke is like comparing Sonic the hedgehog to Spongebob.

The show is not BSG (thanks to the CW) and it certainly has nothing to do with Game of Thrones.
Curious who is supposed to be Spongebob in that scenario. Insult to both ships really.

As I mentioned before, while I enjoy comparing Bellarke and the show in general to other ships or shows, ultimately it's the contrasts that really set them apart. I feel like the writers are doing something with Bellamy and Clarke I haven't seen before. Some aspects are familiar, but so much is breaking new ground and I love that.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
Curious who is supposed to be Spongebob in that scenario. Insult to both ships really.

As I mentioned before, while I enjoy comparing Bellarke and the show in general to other ships or shows, ultimately it's the contrasts that really set them apart. I feel like the writers are doing something with Bellamy and Clarke I haven't seen before. Some aspects are familiar, but so much is breaking new ground and I love that.
Are you kidding? I flove Songebob. lol

I agree with you though. While talking romance, we will always tend to compare one ship from another even if deep down they're completely different. I can't compare Bellarke/Clarke to Lee/Kara for the exact reasons mentioned by Amy. I wasn't a fan of the Lee/Kara pairing because I always considered that the writting for them was all over the place. There are things that I see with Bellarke, that I would have love to see with Lee/Kara and which could have make me like them more.

Take a show like Stargate (SG1 or Atlantis) was they never gave romance a true chance and we were always left with a "did they end up together?" question in our head, the way they developped the characters (Jack/Sam or John/Teyla) and their stories is much more like what Jason is doing wtih Bellamy/Clarke, still it has a completely different vibe to it.

I think it's safe for me to post Eliza's interview here. Like what she said about her and Bellamy being similar. http://www.accesshollywood.com/the-1..._video_2432737

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy

Last edited by Maud&Danny; 10-27-2014 at 11:38 PM
Old 10-28-2014, 06:41 AM
Total Fan

For the record, at no point did anyone say that Bellarke is like Kara/Lee. I did compare the two shows, The 100 and BSG, but not those two ships. The whole thing was that nobody wants Bellarke to end up like Kara/Lee. Literally no one said they are similar relationships.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

Whatever!

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 10-28-2014, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

Please, add me! At the first time I didn't understand why a lot of people liked this couple, now they're growing on me and I really wonder what will happen between them on this season.
Old 10-28-2014, 08:45 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting that Eliza video. I liked what she said about Clarke and Bellamy being similar in a lot of ways and I love that we got to see a little bit of that in the season premiere. What she said about Clarke and Abby also being similar, I hope that like Clarke, Abby believes in second chances when it comes to Bellamy.

Eliza's little smile when she was talking about the relationships that she'd like to see explored more and she says "Clarke and Bellamy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
And though I've been burned by ships before I choose to remain optimistic and give the writers just a little bit of faith, hoping they'll continue to impress me rather than expect them to disappoint. Because if I were to go with the latter option then what's the point of watching?
This is exactly how I feel. I am an eternal optimist and therefore always have hope for my ships when I'm watching a show. Sure, I've been disappointed in the past but that doesn't keep me from being optimistic b/c every show is different. Every ship is different.

To me, constant negativity takes the enjoyment right out of shipping and sometimes the show, if that's the only thing that's keeping me tuning in, and I just don't see the point in it.

Tally:
#5 - 3
#25 - 4

Welcome to the thread, giglove! You've been added.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara

Last edited by brave princess; 10-28-2014 at 08:53 AM
Old 10-28-2014, 09:12 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave princess (View Post)
This is exactly how I feel. I am an eternal optimist and therefore always have hope for my ships when I'm watching a show. Sure, I've been disappointed in the past but that doesn't keep me from being optimistic b/c every show is different. Every ship is different.

To me, constant negativity takes the enjoyment right out of shipping and sometimes the show, if that's the only thing that's keeping me tuning in, and I just don't see the point in it.
AGREE with all of this especially the bolded! I can maybe understand some pessimism if we're like 4 seasons into the show and nothing has happened between the couple I love, then ok. But we're only ONE episode into the second season! It's way too soon to be building negative assumptions on where the writers are gonna take certain SLs and couples. Especially when we've actually gotten some positive quotes from cast and crew insinuating there's gonna be a change in Bellarke's dynamic and they're gonna grow even closer. I'm perfectly fine with reveling in that for the time being instead of expecting the worst.

#25 I guess.

Welcome gigilove!

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 10-28-2014, 09:15 AM
Total Fan

I like to think of it as relentless realism.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:27 AM
Supreme Fan

"This is where they she will come back.”

X

Ugh I cannot wait for their reunion scene There will probably be a million gif sets and I will reblog every one of them
Old 10-28-2014, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

^I will totally reblog every single reunion scene gif too and I won't even be sorry about it. All of my followers are going to LOVE it! Heck, some of my followers from my early days on tumblr started liking Bellarke b/c of my frequent posting of anything and everything Bellarke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinJames23 (View Post)
AGREE with all of this especially the bolded! I can maybe understand some pessimism if we're like 4 seasons into the show and nothing has happened between the couple I love, then ok. But we're only ONE episode into the second season! It's way too soon to be building negative assumptions on where the writers are gonna take certain SLs and couples. Especially when we've actually gotten some positive quotes from cast and crew insinuating there's gonna be a change in Bellarke's dynamic and they're gonna grow even closer. I'm perfectly fine with reveling in that for the time being instead of expecting the worst.
Yes to all of this. And about the bolded, that's why I have good feelings about this season and the direction they're going. Until the writers give me a reason to not feel positive about Bellarke then I'll continue to be hopeful that they're going to tell a wonderful story and do the pairing that I love so much justice.

And it looks like it's time for a new round!
Old 10-28-2014, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

This is not realism when you've got nothing that says that there won't be anything happening. I don't buy the all "I can't read under the liness" crap. Sorry. So far, we've got pretty good things in my opinion comparing to least year. We've got Jason telling that their dynamic is going to change this year (not in a PURE romantic way). We've got Eliza blushing and telling great things about Bellarke all the time. We've got great fans reactions and medias to Bellarke. So far I don't see anything to worry about, so NO, you're not being very realistic. You're pessimistic. But that's ok. More power to you!

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 10-28-2014, 10:21 AM
Master Fan

#25 is out!

Bellamy/Clarke Season 1 Scene Survivor

Vote for your least favorite. The first with 5 votes or the most votes after 2 days will be eliminated. (Click on the graphic to see a larger version)

ROUND 38

#1 Eliminated in Round 1 #2 Eliminated in Round 2 #3 Eliminated in Round 7

#4 Eliminated in Round 29 #5 #6

#7 Eliminated in Round 5 #8 Eliminated in Round 6 #9

#10 Eliminated in Round 10 #11 Eliminated in Round 11 #12 Eliminated in Round 35

#13 #14 Eliminated in Round 12 #15 Eliminated in Round 16

#16 #17 Eliminated in Round 8 #18

#19 Eliminated in Round 18 #20 Eliminated in Round 3 #21 Eliminated in Round 9

#22 Eliminated in Round 26 #23 Eliminated in Round 27 #24

#25 Eliminated in Round 37 #26 #27 Eliminated in Round 20

#28 Eliminated in Round 21 #29 Eliminated in Round 22 #30 Eliminated in Round 17

#31 #32 Eliminated in Round 25 #33

#34 #35 Eliminated in Round 34 #36

#37 #38 Eliminated in Round 33 #39

#40 #41 Eliminated in Round 13 #42 Eliminated in Round 19

#43 Eliminated in Round 14 #44 Eliminated in Round 31 #45

#46 #47 #48

#49 Eliminated in Round 32 #50 Eliminated in Round 24 #51 Eliminated in Round 30

#52 Eliminated in Round 23 #53 Eliminated in Round 28 #54 Eliminated in Round 36

#55 Eliminated in Round 4 #56 #57

#58 #59 Eliminated in Round 15 #60
Old 10-28-2014, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

Oh for the love of god, OUT with #33 ahahahah

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 10-28-2014, 10:31 AM
Supreme Fan