Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2019, 08:53 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIcallYouKate (View Post)
Brooklyn, I agree about character-oriented and plot-oriented viewing. I loved season 4 and I was happy it took the time to flesh out some character relationships. I know it was frustrating that a lot of solutions were come up with and tried that failed. But I thought exactly that part was realistic. The whole problem-> solution -> happy end of TV is so not the 100
It's not at all that I was expecting a happy ending. It's just that very rarely on this show do they ever spend an entire season trying to resolve one single problem. It felt to me like a lot of wheels spinning in mud for 13 episodes. Usually there's more of a... plot.

What character relationship were "fleshed out" that you enjoyed? When I try to remember what we learned about characters in S4, I don't remember anything that was particularly new or a progression from previous (except maybe Miller and Bryan breaking up?) I just remember everyone being really depressed. And that one part of the season where all of a sudden RILEY was everyone's best friend and they were all super worried about him.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

My Ranking:

2, 1, 3, 4, 6, 5

I could flip 6 and 5 depending on my mood.

I miss shows like Everwood that get better with age. For example, Season 4 Everwood (the last season) for some is considered the best season of the series, even over pretty much flawless Season 1. Then again, Everwood is a rare gem. They don't make shows like Everwood anymore. Greg Berlanti at his very best.

The 100 doesn't get better with age. The quality decreases a bit every season which is typically the norm. That said, this show never bores me, I am not clock-watching. It's always interesting and keeps my attention which is why I love this series and will miss it once those final credits hit the screen.
Old 08-10-2019, 01:05 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
The 100 doesn't get better with age. The quality decreases a bit every season which is typically the norm. That said, this show never bores me, I am not clock-watching. It's always interesting and keeps my attention which is why I love this series and will miss it once those final credits hit the screen.
Exactly this. Which is why I'm glad that they're gonna wind it up now before it degenerates any further and gets completely out of hand. Ending the story in an organized, purposeful way is always the right choice.

I'm trying to think of shows that didn't decrease in quality over time and Breaking Bad immediately springs to mind. I've also seen people say The Leftovers got better each season (I'm not sure I agree with them, although I would say the entire series is fantastic.) And then there's other shows that never got the chance to become crappy because they were cancelled (Deadwood, Rome, etc.)
Old 08-10-2019, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIcallYouKate (View Post)
Brooklyn, I agree about character-oriented and plot-oriented viewing. I loved season 4 and I was happy it took the time to flesh out some character relationships.
Same. The two biggest dynamics of the show, Bellamy/Octavia and Bellamy/Clarke, were given a lot of great scenes that season that expanded on previous seasons. There was interesting Kabby stuff, too, IMO, (their last particularly relevant season), and season 4 even re-introduced the complex Raven/Murphy dynamic. Plus, any combination of Clarke/Roan/Bellamy was always cool. Jasper/Monty tugged at the heartstrings more than ever, and Marper had some of their most poignant scenes.

Quote:
I know it was frustrating that a lot of solutions were come up with and tried that failed. But I thought exactly that part was realistic. The whole problem-> solution -> happy end of TV is so not the 100
True. I also liked how focused it was on stopping Priamfaya, just like season 2 was focused on stopping Mount Weather. In contrast, season 6 had the Primes, the anomaly, and Sheidheda. I think it would have benefitted greatly from dropping Sheidheda.
ICON
Old 08-10-2019, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think season 4 was realistic in terms of the...seemingly constant issues that kept popping up, and they needed a way to lose to Praimfaya. I just found it a LITTLE repetitive for a bit. Riley's inclusion was just annoying. However I still maintain that Jasper's death scene was one of the most beautiful shots this show has ever done.

Another one that comes to mind is the shot of Jaha, Murphy and co. when they were running up that hill to stare at what they thought was the City of Light. This show has really good visuals, and for a CW show, excellent SFX.

(Pauna is arguable).

Old 08-11-2019, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Finally watched this. Glad this show is done for the season now. The finale was mediocre like the entire season. Def. rating it a 5/6 out of 10. Which is a shame. I am really really hoping season 7 brings it back around.

Abby's death was SUPER pointless. Jordan, Raven, Miller, Jackson, all literally had no storyline this season.... disappointment. At least Echo wasn't in it too much.

The best parts of the finale:
-Murphy kissing a guy. He should be with a guy instead of Emori... zzzz.I cant believe those two are still together.
-BC hug. They are just great in general but its too bad the show is not gonna go there romantically.
-Abby dying. Her death was anti climatic but I didnt see what she contributed to the show so I am glad we got a big death and she wont be there net season. I felt bad for Clarke but she has Madi as her family now.
-Indra. Any and all Indra. I want more.

Quote:
I'm trying to think of shows that didn't decrease in quality over time and Breaking Bad immediately springs to mind.
Breaking Bad is literally the ONLY show I can think of that didnt get bad in any capacity. At least imo. It was consistent and amazing all the way through and the final season was so so good. But it was only 5 seasons so that tells you something.

Quote:
My Ranking:

2, 1, 3, 4, 6, 5
Mine is close to this: 2, 1, 4, 3, 5, 6

Some episodes of 3 were better than 4 but I think overall I preferred the storylines that season and season 3 just felt so long to me at times. but the first 4 were so much better than 5 and 6! While 5 frustrated me a lot, especially near the end, I still found it exciting where as season 6 I just thought was boring.
Old 08-11-2019, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My season ranking (for now???)

2, 1, 4, 6, 3, 5

amelia | icon: mel
Old 08-11-2019, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My season ranking (for now???)

2, 1, 4, 6, 3, 5

amelia | icon: mel
Old 08-12-2019, 07:19 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Breaking Bad is literally the ONLY show I can think of that didnt get bad in any capacity. At least imo. It was consistent and amazing all the way through and the final season was so so good. But it was only 5 seasons so that tells you something.
What it tells me is that extending a story just for the sake of keeping it going so everyone can make more money is a great way to lose artistic integrity.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Responding to some posts later but just a question for now ... How would you guys rank the season finales so far?

Mine (copying and pasting from the News and Media thread since I’m lazy ) :

1. Season 4 - Intense and stellar pacing throughout the whole episode, with the most intriguing and cinematic-feel ending.
2. Season 1 - Again, another great cliffhanger and setting the pace/mood for the next season.
3. Season 5 - Weak season as a whole, and weak first half of the episode (I would have ranked it higher if it was consistently good) ... but capped off with a stellar cliffhanger and tearjerker goodbye to Monty/Harper.
4. Season 2 - Pacing wasn't as great, but I loved the introduction to ALIE and foreshadowing of Jaha's full-on spiral into craziness.
5. Season 3 - Similar pacing issue as I had with season 2 finale, but the finale was intense/great in parts.
6. Season 6 - Too many things going on at the same time, and lacking emotional impact/depth for most of it ... apart from the last few moments.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 09-05-2020, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just saw this Sarah but I am going to answer you late:

1. Season 4 - one of my all time favorite 100 episodes. So good, from start to finish and so many enjoyable moments.

2. Season 1 - Great finale. Nothing super amazing but enjoyable.

3. Season 2 - Another great episode.

4. Season 3 - Also super memorable and enjoyable to me.

5. Season 5 - Honestly dont remember a whole lot about it but I did like the set up into season 6.

6. Season 6 - Just dont like this season and this finale was hard for me to get through.

Last edited by Alexa; 09-06-2020 at 11:12 PM
Old 09-06-2020, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey, Alexa!

The season 2 finale was interesting to me mostly because of the set-up/segue into the whole ALIE storyline, I thought that was nicely done. Totally agree about the s6 finale, it was underwhelming and probably my least favourite finale of the lot. Even season 5, which was a bad season to me, had a better finale because of Monty's messages, Marper's ending and the set up for them to arrive at the new planet.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit