Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2018, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Then Echo can be glad that she has me, because I like her, and I stand up for her, and I forgive her without seeing much of her redemption arc
It's enough for me to see how much she cares about Bellamy and that she has made Bellamy happy in the last 3 years
Echo is selfless and protective, just like Bellamy ... that's the reason why they are such a strong couple and why they stand up for each other

Old 07-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sonja, maybe that belongs more in the Becho thread? Not the pics, but what you wrote. Since it's not really addressing Bellamy/Octavia. But I mean, it's fine, no one is going to throw a fit over seeing it here. Just want to make sure we don't venture too far off topic.

Does anyone else feel like they're seeing Octavia this season through Bellamy's eyes?
ICON
Old 07-03-2018, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

But it was posted here, that Bellamy stand up for Echo sucks
So I have to protect/defend them here, and not at the Becho thread

Old 07-03-2018, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think all the other posts related it back to the Bellamy/Octavia relationship, though. And don’t feel like you’re having to defend them, because no one’s bashing. Just voicing opinions on what we wish the scene had been about.

I think Bellamy was ultimately right in that scene with what he said to Octavia at the end, but I don’t think that Octavia was wrong to feel the way she does. If that makes sense. Sort of like how when Clarke said they were gonna take Octavia out . . . I think Clarke was right to decide they needed to do that, but I don’t think Bellamy was wrong for opposing it.
ICON
Old 07-03-2018, 02:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, I don't think any of us said anything negative about Echo? Just that we understand Octavia's anger because she was the victim, and doesn't know her like Bellamy does. I don't think listing the things that Echo has done to Octavia in the past really counts as negativity, it's just the facts of the show.

I'd prefer it if we kept ship related stuff in the respective threads to be honest. It can take over talking about the topic the thread is meant to discuss.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJoyful (View Post)
Yeah, I don't think any of us said anything negative about Echo? Just that we understand Octavia's anger because she was the victim, and doesn't know her like Bellamy does. I don't think listing the things that Echo has done to Octavia in the past really counts as negativity, it's just the facts of the show.
Definitely. Which is why discussing her in context to what she’s done to Octavia or Bellamy and Octavia’s opposing views of her is fine.

Quote:
I'd prefer it if we kept ship related stuff in the respective threads to be honest. It can take over talking about the topic the thread is meant to discuss.
Yeah, me, too. That’s kind of why I said something. I don’t come into this thread looking to talk about Becho or Bellarke. I come into this thread looking to talk about the Blakes. Other characters can be brought up in relation to them—that’s totally fine and natural—but when the discussion really loses focus on the Blakes, then it’s time to get back on topic. I mean, sometimes I have to catch myself in the Bellamy thread.
ICON
Old 07-03-2018, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

Okay, maybe I had a little overreaction, but the word "sucks" is really not a nice word translated in German, and that got me in protection mode
I can be a mama bear too, when it comes to protect the characters I love

Quote:
I think Clarke was right to decide they needed to do that, but I don’t think Bellamy was wrong for opposing it.
Bellamy was absolutely right with opposing it, because he still loves Octavia no matter how worse she is now ... he would never let someone kill his sister
Old 07-03-2018, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It’s okay, Sonja. It’s not a big deal.

Yeah, “sucks” is used pretty casually here. Like how there’s no new episode tonight . . . that sucks.

Bellamy’s journey in 5x08 . . . it’s insane. Going from the guy at the beginning of the episode who does not even want to hear about “taking Octavia out” to the guy at the end doing it himself . . . holy crap. It’s insane. I think 5x08 is one of the most pivotal episodes ever in Bellamy’s development, and a turning point for the Blakes.
ICON
Old 07-03-2018, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
It’s okay, Sonja. It’s not a big deal.
Thank you April

Quote:
Yeah, “sucks” is used pretty casually here. Like how there’s no new episode tonight . . . that sucks.
It really sucks that we don't get a new episode tonight

Quote:
Bellamy’s journey in 5x08 . . . it’s insane. Going from the guy at the beginning of the episode who does not even want to hear about “taking Octavia out” to the guy at the end doing it himself . . . holy crap. It’s insane. I think 5x08 is one of the most pivotal episodes ever in Bellamy’s development, and a turning point for the Blakes.
The "Take Octavia out" at the beginning has meant killing Octavia, at least when it comes to Clarke
At the end of the episode, Bellamy took Octavia out without killing her, to protect Clarke, his Spacekru family members, Wonkru and last but not least to protect Octavia from herself
Old 07-03-2018, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, he wasn’t willing to go all the way and kill her, which I wouldn’t expect him to be. But he pretty much went one step down from that.
ICON
Old 07-03-2018, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sonja, I don’t think that anyone has bashed Echo or Becho in here so I don't think that anything is out of line here. Just as you have the right to like that Bellamy defended Echo, everyone else reserves the right to feel what we feel about them/her and how that relates to his relationship with Bellamy. My issue is that this is the one area that Octavia actually has the right to be upset about ... like if Octavia was hating on his relationship for a silly reason, I’d be fine with him defending her. Not this. Anyway, moving on.

Bellamy has to protect Octavia from herself at this point ... people are seeing this as a turning point and it absolutely is. I just wonder where their relationship will go from here.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 07-03-2018 at 05:52 PM
Old 07-03-2018, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like it can either go one of two ways: It ends up being a huge wake up call for her, or she hates him with a fiery passion now. Unfortunately, I feel the latter is more likely.
ICON
Old 07-04-2018, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yup, sigh ... it’s most likely the latter because I feel like this isn’t rock bottom in terms of their relationship. Of course, I hope to be proven wrong.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 07-04-2018, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I cannot imagine it getting worst. This has to be their rock bottom. And honestly, I have to sadly admit, I don't think there's much chance of things being great with them again.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

No, I still have faith on that front. But I have to say that is fading fast.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won