Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2018, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIcallYouKate (View Post)
Knowing Bellamy, he would probably be very forgiving at the slightest olive branch being extended by Octavia
Yeah, I don’t want this. He really earned her trust back and earned back his relationship with her after everything with Lincoln. I feel like it culminated in him opening that bunker door for her, risking everything, even his life, in the process. I want Octavia to earn Bellamy back now. I want him to be skeptical of her, maybe even distrusting. I want him to drop truth bombs on her. I want him to get her to confront who she’s become and remind her that she actually has feelings, because she’s just shut them off right now. I feel like this kind of stuff would lead to good forward character development for both of them.
ICON
Old 06-13-2018, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIcallYouKate (View Post)
Knowing Bellamy, he would probably be very forgiving at the slightest olive branch being extended by Octavia
Typically, I'd agree but given how openly angry he was with her in the last episode and speaking his mind about the defectors being shot, I feel like he's DONE with her for now even if she extends an olive branch. But we'll see.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-13-2018, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
Typically, I'd agree but given how openly angry he was with her in the last episode and speaking his mind about the defectors being shot, I feel like he's DONE with her for now even if she extends an olive branch. But we'll see.
I also think that Bellamy is really mad at Octavia now

The sparring fight scene was my favorite 5x06 Blakes scene

Old 06-13-2018, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This is what I hope for. And I hope that starts to become a wake up call for Octavia. Some tough love, perhaps.
ICON
Old 06-13-2018, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yup, it’s severely needed at this point. Also, he’s probably very wary even if she appears soft and wanting to make peace with him because remember how she lured him into that false sense of security in the sand scene ... before completely terrifying him with her words? You could see that Clarke was deeply disturbed too, which is why she is so intent on getting herself and Madi away from Octavia. I’m not sure if she meant to do that to him in that scene but it sure seemed intentional to me which is very troubling.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-14-2018, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I want him to have his guard up around her, for his sake. 5x05 broke my heart for him. I don’t want him to be lulled in and experience that hurt again. It would also be good to see him take a stand for himself in that way.

Octavia, on the other hand, needs to experience all the hurt possible. Like I said earlier, it will remind her that she actually has feelings.

So I really hope this happens somehow.
ICON
Old 06-14-2018, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

I feel like his guard is definitely up now, which is for the best for now. I hope that Octavia starts to realise just how fractured their relationship is and her part in it, and then try to find a way to bridge that gap between them. I'm sure that Bellamy wants nothing more than that, but that he'll be very cautious too and wondering whether she's genuine in wanting to heal their relationship.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-14-2018, 09:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I hope that Octavia starts to realise just how fractured their relationship is and her part in it, and then try to find a way to bridge that gap between them.
You and me both...I really hope that they are able to find some sort of peace when it comes to their relationship.

I've seen alot of people speculating that they'll make up and then Octavia will die in some sort of way that earns her redemption, but I really don't want them to take that route.

I think it would really interesting to see how Octavia and Bellamy navigate their 'post possible reconciliation' relationship in season 6. If you think about it, they've been at odds in one way or another for most of the time that we've known them.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJoyful (View Post)

I've seen alot of people speculating that they'll make up and then Octavia will die in some sort of way that earns her redemption, but I really don't want them to take that route.

I think it would really interesting to see how Octavia and Bellamy navigate their 'post possible reconciliation' relationship in season 6. If you think about it, they've been at odds in one way or another for most of the time that we've known them.
I don't want it to play out that way too, it'll be cliched and also tragic and I want SOME happiness for these two.

That's a great point! I kind of feel like it's tiring to rehash tensions between them when it could work just as effectively if you have these two struggle with reconciling with each other but ultimately learning how to build a new relationship with each other, while accepting each other's differences. I for one would LOVE to see something like that.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-14-2018, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think Octavia is aware and is just putting on a mask so that she doesn't lose the respect of her people and ultimately her position.

She obviously still cares about Bellamy and was visibly scared to let him go on a suicide mission.

I won't be surprised if Octavia dies this season but I hope they won't be at odds anymore if it happens.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I agree with April.

I disagree. She didn't need her mask on when she was cruel to Bellamy in 5X04. There was no Wonkru members around that she had to front for.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

She's been living this life for 6 years, it's in her blood, she's putting on a mask in front of everybody, probably not realizing it at times. And even though I think Octavia is stubborn atm, Bellamy is being naive if he thinks Octavia would be over Echo wanting to kill her, it's like he doesn't know his own sister and they had it relatively easy up in space compared to the bunker.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
It's like he doesn't know his own sister and they had it relatively easy up in space compared to the bunker.
I think you hit the nail on the head there.

Bellamy really seems to be struggling with his transition back to the ground more than anyone. He's had 6 years in a conflict free environment, so I think he just doesn't understand why anyone wants to be fighting at this point. The Octavia/Echo conflict is a perfect example.

He said it himself that it took him 3 years, again in a conflict free environment, for him to even forgive her. So you have Octavia, who also can't afford to appear weak in front of her people, just get completely blindsided by all that.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Yeah, I don’t want this.

Oh, me neither, April

But I think he might
I agree he was angry with her but she is also his weakness. I do hope they will work it out in a constructive way, not make up quickly!

Hey Tara

Yeah, anyone not understanding why Octavia hasn't forgiven Echo clearly doesn't know Octavia very well. Bellamy should know better

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 06-14-2018, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Bellamy really seems to be struggling with his transition back to the ground more than anyone. He's had 6 years in a conflict free environment, so I think he just doesn't understand why anyone wants to be fighting at this point. The Octavia/Echo conflict is a perfect example.

He said it himself that it took him 3 years, again in a conflict free environment, for him to even forgive her. So you have Octavia, who also can't afford to appear weak in front of her people, just get completely blindsided by all that.
He's all about peace now, analyze all options and make the best decision, think first, act later but it was definitely way easier to keep up with that in space, where as you mentioned they had no (at least life threatening) conflicts.

It took him three years and during that time they lived side by side in a conflict free environment, got to know each other, etc. He saw first hand how Echo changed, Octavia spent 6 years in a bunker and her last memories of Echo were her trying to kill her and killing Ilian, so of course she's not at the same point as Bellamy.