Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2018, 05:39 PM
Communications Team

Lost In Space
Old 04-14-2018, 06:30 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
Lost In Space
Ooh, I want to watch this. How do you like it, Cece?
Old 04-15-2018, 01:56 AM
Eliza’s Bubblegum

Moderator of ...
The 100

iZombie, On My Block, Commonwealth Games
Sarah | tumblr | icon thread | credit
Old 04-15-2018, 11:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Sonja, you watch The Good Doctor, right? Here's something I think you might enjoy.

He talks about autism too.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:54 PM
Communications Team

Great video, Paulina! Glad to hear it's pretty accurate and the awareness to autism is wonderful!!

Marie, it took me a while to warm up to the characters but I ended up loving it! It's a heartwarming show.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:00 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
Sonja, you watch The Good Doctor, right? Here's something I think you might enjoy.

He talks about autism too.
Thanks for the reaction video Paulina

I also think that Freddie Highmore portrays an autist very good and it's really interesting for me to watch the show.
I've tried to convince my autistitic son to watch the show with me, but unfortunately he doesn't want to watch it
I think he doesn't like all the emotional interpersonal problems of TV Shows
The only things he watches with me is Soccer and Fantasy Movies like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter

Back to topic ... I've watched Shadowhunters 2x13 today
Old 04-15-2018, 05:50 PM
Eliza’s Bubblegum

Moderator of ...
The 100

The news
Old 04-16-2018, 12:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

You're welcome Sonja. Do you think your son would be interested in watching Atypical?

Quote:
Great video, Paulina! Glad to hear it's pretty accurate and the awareness to autism is wonderful!!

Marie, it took me a while to warm up to the characters but I ended up loving it! It's a heartwarming show.
It's really great that media is finally starting to pay more attention to depicting autism in a fair way. Last year (or 2 years ago) parents in a little town here wanted a boy with Aspergers removed from school because they claimed he was aggressive and intimidating other children, I was yelling at my TV when I heard what and how they were talking about the kid, including the school's principal.

I'll definitely check out Lost in Space, Netflix really invested in promoting the show, there is a huge banner on my way to work and I constantly see little ads for it on other sites like YT.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:21 AM
We are bound together

Moderator of ...
Fan Art

Youtube
Old 04-16-2018, 08:52 AM
Eliza’s Bubblegum

Moderator of ...
The 100

The Good Place
Old 04-16-2018, 03:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

Shadowhunters 2x14 - 2x16

Quote:
You're welcome Sonja. Do you think your son would be interested in watching Atypical?
No, I don't think that he watches any TV Show with me

Quote:
It's really great that media is finally starting to pay more attention to depicting autism in a fair way. Last year (or 2 years ago) parents in a little town here wanted a boy with Aspergers removed from school because they claimed he was aggressive and intimidating other children, I was yelling at my TV when I heard what and how they were talking about the kid, including the school's principal.
Autistic people have so many different behaviors ... and unforunately some autists are agressive if something unexpected happens to them or if they get annoyed by other people
My son unfortunaltely can defend himself badly against insults and teasing ... he was often bullied at school or currently at the vocational preparation
I wish I could teach him to defend himself better
Old 04-16-2018, 05:04 PM
Eliza’s Bubblegum

Moderator of ...
The 100

YouTube

I’m sorry to hear that, Sonja. Can he go for classes which will help him with that? As in how to defend himself better or at least be able to handle these bullies?

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 04-17-2018 at 08:07 AM
Old 04-16-2018, 07:14 PM
Communications Team

Quote:

I'll definitely check out Lost in Space, Netflix really invested in promoting the show, there is a huge banner on my way to work and I constantly see little ads for it on other sites like YT.
That makes me so angry. It doesn't help that I am dealing with a situation that involves advocacy currently. I wish our world would just understand and accept kiddos who have special needs. I am a Special Education teacher.

Bullying is another issue close to my heart. I'm sorry, Sonja.

Yes, you should watch it, Lost In Space!!
Old 04-17-2018, 08:31 AM
Eliza’s Bubblegum

Moderator of ...
The 100

Hope that you guys enjoy watching Lost in Space. I should watch it too, but my to-watch list is already pretty long.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer of worlds (View Post)
I’m sorry to hear that, Sonja. Can he go for classes which will help him with that? As in how to defend himself better or at least be able to handle these bullies?
Yes, they have social training classes at the Institute for Professional Apprenticeship, where my son is right now
Hopefully my son will learn to handle these bullies better soon
He is such a friendly and polite young man, and he deserves to be treated well

Quote:
That makes me so angry. It doesn't help that I am dealing with a situation that involves advocacy currently. I wish our world would just understand and accept kiddos who have special needs. I am a Special Education teacher.

Bullying is another issue close to my heart. I'm sorry, Sonja.
It's good that you have such a great job Cece
My son was always at schools for kids with special needs and I have never regretted that I have forced it that he could go to special schools
All the Special Education teachers at these special schools did such a great work with my son and I know that it is not easy to teach kids with special needs every day
So you have all my respect for your great work Cece

Back to topic ... I have finally finished Shadowhunters S2 today ... maybe I can catch up with S3 tomorrow

Edit: Shadowhunters 3x01 - 3x04 ... It sooo good to see Chai again

Last edited by sonny1; 04-18-2018 at 03:37 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top