omg omg. Season 1 is glorious This show used to be MY SHOW

Superstore finale tonight!
Old 05-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

more news

Old 05-04-2017, 02:07 PM
Elite Fan

right Rose?
I loved LOST (still do) and it's so much fun to watc with someone who hasn't seen it

All caught up on Designated Survivor

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 05-04-2017, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I hope Paula has a better experience with that show than I did. First season was amazing, though, for sure.
ICON
Old 05-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

Only made it through the pilot and so far she likes it
I'm totally outing Paula in here

Old 05-04-2017, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Who's her favorite character? Or does she have one yet?

Isn't Sawyer, like, hardly even in the Pilot?
ICON
Old 05-05-2017, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Capslocking means you're worked up
Not necessarily. I will caps things to get an emphasis across...

And again I just dont agree with you on certain things and theres really no use talking in circles so Ill leave it be. I'm talking in regards to personal things such as how one perceives a show.... i don't even understand some of your writing or what you are trying to say so I'll take Sarah's advice and let that one go.

In regards to the SHOW though, I will say a few things:

Quote:
He said he didn't want to be with Peyton, which would totally piss me off as a shipper.
I didn't piss me off at all. He and Brooke were together then. He and Peyton were just friends. Of course he doesnt want to be with Peyton at that point in time. They were both not ready to be one another. They were in different places. Again Lucas never said he didnt love Peyton. In fact, him defending her and telling Brooke he wouldtn say a bad thing about her proved to me that he did care about her.

Quote:
"I'm the one for you, Brooke Davis" and "it's you, not Peyton"
I agree that they took it way too far and I am not sure why they did that but they did end up taking it back. He says in 403 (i believe) that he's not the guy for her or something. Oh and he never said "its you not peyton." he said "i want to be with you, not peyton." He only said "its you." to Peyton in 409.

Im not disagreeing that he said and did some meaningful things to Brooke but I don't think his actions showed that at all. He called her the one and then Rachel calls him out for that saying that there are lots of "ones" for people and then he said he was going to see her and found her in bed with Chris. I felt like they were trying to discredit what he was saying. He tells her early in the season he's the guy for her and then flirts with Rachel to piss her off. End of the season he practically ignores her.

I just dont agree at all. I dont think BL was EVER endgame material in Mark's mind, no matter how far he wrote the triangle. In season 3 when Lucas was spewing all that crap to Brooke, he was still building up P's feelings for Lucas. I think that says it all. In season 2 BL got closer for a few episodes but even in 221 she finds the P box. Mark had to throw that in there AND have lP end on the beach together. As early as epode 9 peyton's feelings for lucas were already being foreshadowed. I just dont buy that he ever loved BL I really didnt. and the second that they broke up he dropped that interaction like a hot potato. they didnt even get an good goodbye scenes in his last episode.

and as for the closure question, brooke remained hung up and sad about what lucas did so i think by having lucas date her for real, it allowed people to "forgive" lucas in a way. even though, we all know it just pissed people off more. But I think because he knew people loved BL it would possibly give ratings to the show too. Even though its not what he wanted in the end.

Quote:
To me, the biggest issue with s1's Peyton was by far her keeping a hidden relationship with Lucas when he was dating her best friend. Kissing him, I could get across. Having sex with him, even? Sure, makes total sense. Now, consciently betraying Brooke like that? I just couldn't get across it. Lucas was as wrong as she was, and he should have called it quits, but Peyton should not have, by any means, kept it going like that. Them secretly dating after him breaking up with Brooke would be fine with me. Them doing that while he was with Brooke was ridiculous.
I cant condone peyton for her actions in season 1 regarding the cheating. That was messy AF. But in P's defense she did like Lucas first and even though she denied it, it was more than obvious there was a connection there that Brooke interjected herself into. As far as the kissing in 112, that just stemmed form an emotional place so I can forgive that, especially when Lucas stopped it. What was not cool was the kissing in 113/115 when BL were together. But at least Lucas was actively willing to break things off with Brooke, it wasnt like he was cheating just to cheat. And then the accident happened. I understood WHY they put it off. But it was definitely a crappything to do and I thinK Brooke had every right to be pissed off. I sided with her in that.

I absolutely LOATHED how brooke handled things in season 3 though.

Anyways watched riverdale tonight, not my favorite episode. too much going on.

survivor this week was BORING too, i just dont care about this season much.

so behind on shows as my entire life has been wrapped up in watching the big brother Canada feeds. but one of my favs was evicted so now hopefully ill get some time back.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Survivor was really boring this week, I agree. I don't even care who wins now. Ugh.
ICON
Old 05-05-2017, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

I still have half of the last episode to watch but the GG revival was a letdown. I also already know how it finishes, so I know I won't like it. It's just that most of the main characters haven't changed or progressed at all. And the musical in the summer episode was too long. Same applies to whatever the death brigade's number was supposed to be in the autumn episode. They also didn't adjust the humour to modern times, the world has changed, people pay attention to what kind of jokes you add, what you make fun of.

And the cheating, really writers? And nobody says anything about it? Everybody approves? Lorelai who was mad about Rory/Dean, is acting like it's no big deal her daughter is sleeping with an engaged guy? And Logan didn't seem to have any regrets either oh yeah my fiance whatever, she's sleeping. The way they treated her boyfriend was terrible, too it wasn't funny.

The supporting characters are the best part. Paris. Paris keeping the door to the toilet shut with her foot. Lane too, though I always wanted her to be a huge rock star. Emily in a t-shirt and jeans.

Rory and the Internet company - again a job she thinks she is too good for and the job interview was so awkward, she didn't prepare for it at all, she just thought they'd offer her a job because she's the Rory Gilmore.

I wish I could be more positive about this but the revival was just weak?

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.

Last edited by Karma Police; 05-05-2017 at 05:43 AM
Old 05-05-2017, 05:41 AM
Elite Fan

Completely agree with everything you said there, Paulina

Quote:
The supporting characters are the best part. Paris. Lane too, though I always wanted her to be a huge rock star. Emily in a t-shirt and jeans.
Also my favourite things about the revival, especially Emiliy

Old 05-05-2017, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Added some more thoughts.

It was so weird to see Emily dressed so casually, with her employees around!

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:49 AM
Elite Fan

Emily was great in the revival

And I agree with your additional thoughts as well