Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-05-2018, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

He did look good in the fight scene.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Gahhhh why does his hair look greasy to me? Come on hair department, don’t put that much product in it.
Old 06-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars Fade (View Post)
It does look shaggy but I like it.
Oh god, he looked so good. I want to run my fingers through that hair again.

Quote:
I love Bellamy and nothing can change that. Some people are overreacting.
I think I may need to take a Twitter break. I’m not sure. I just CAN’T STAND people saying that Bellamy is unrecognizable or that this isn’t “their Bellamy.” All because of a ship. Bellamy being a loyal boyfriend is so NOT out of character. It’s in character. And as a Bellarke shipper, even though it may not be pleasant to watch those scenes, I can still appreiciate that Bellamy is the type of boyfriend I would hope for him and expect him to be.

The problem, as I wrote about on Bob’s board, is that I think a lot of these viewers (younger women, especially) watch this show and view Bellamy as their “TV boyfriend.” So when he does even the slightest thing they don’t like, they lash out at him like they might lash out at a real boyfriend. It sounds ridiculous, but I really think this happens a lot.

I also find it incredibly insulting to Bob’s acting. We know the thought and effort he puts into playing this character, so when people start hating on the character and reducing him to being half of a ship when he’s so much more than that, it frustrates the hell out of me.

Anyway. Rant over. I’m glad I have you guys.

Hot gifs indeed, Adie!
ICON
Old 06-05-2018, 08:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
The problem, as I wrote about on Bob’s board, is that I think a lot of these viewers (younger women, especially) watch this show and view Bellamy as their “TV boyfriend.” So when he does even the slightest thing they don’t like, they lash out at him like they might lash out at a real boyfriend. It sounds ridiculous, but I really think this happens a lot.
What in the world? Is this really a thing?
Old 06-05-2018, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, yeah, I think so! I think female viewers have a tendency to hold male characters to higher standards in relationship storylines. Granted, my fic is on a much smaller scale than this, but I have been flabbergasted by some of the reactions I received to Bellamy in recent chapters, which I feel have all been in character and I know have been necessary to the story. Some girls freak out when the male character they like most does something they don’t agree with.
ICON

Last edited by April7739; 06-05-2018 at 09:04 PM
Old 06-06-2018, 12:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Aye Yai Yai, separate fiction from real life, people.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

The hate being thrown right now seems OTT to me, I feel like I need a Twitter break too. Maybe some of it is warranted (I have to wait until I watch the episode to pass judgement) but this cannot be worse than Bellamy in season 3A, I think. People need to chill a bit and see how things play out. Just my view.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 06-06-2018, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

this though: (spoiler tags cause of language)

Spoiler:

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-06-2018, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ this truth though?

I canNOT with people on Twitter screaming "this isn't the Bellamy Blake I KNOW" or "this is character assassination". Shut up. This IS the Bellamy we know. And this is the Bellamy we were told we would get after six years. He's using his head, he's loyal, he's being a good boyfriend - might not be with the girl these people want, but you can't fault Bellamy for that. He even said last night that they've all done stuff that shouldn't be forgiven but they moved on (not in those words, but you get me) and none of them are inherently better than the other. It's time for people to drop the superior act.

Man, I just find Twitter so annoying

Old 06-06-2018, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

https://professorbellarke.tumblr.com...fight-somebody
Old 06-06-2018, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Becks, what oh put under the tag there is SO TRUE of how people are reacting right now. Well, some people. I’ve seen other people being more level-headed about it.

Right now, while I still prefer season 4 Bellamy, I think season 5 Bellamy has the potential to become my favorite (we’ll see) because I really do feel like we’ve seen him step up a lot more as a leader this season, and I like that he’s been at the forefront of a lot of stuff this season, even though he’s not in charge of Wonkru; and I think this is the most emotionally stable version of Bellamy we’ve seen, and I’m proud of him for that.

I mean . . . it is an adjustment, yes. He’s not the same guy he was 6 years ago, so I have no problem with the people who are adjusting. But the people who are trashing him right now (and basically thereby dismissing the work Bob has put into playing him) just piss me off.

On a shallow note . . . that second gif, where he’s taking the jacket off . . .
ICON
Old 06-06-2018, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm half and half on that tweet. It sort of diminishes the differences between the two scenarios, a lot of people condemned his actions in season 3 (I was one of them) but a lot of people also made excuses to justify his actions there. Whereas I can see how people struggle to reconcile this Bellamy with the old!Bellamy, even if I ultimately don't share the same view. Echo is part of his family now (like it or not), of course he's going to stand by her. I feel like he'd have done the same for any of the Spacekru too, in any case.

Bellamy with a sword ... I love how he handled it and also the taking off the jacket part.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-06-2018, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Take the ship out of it, though, and do you think these same people would be struggling to reconcile this Bellamy with the old one? I realize the ship has been part of his story, but it’s actually been a relatively small part of it this season.

I mean, I get it, taking some time to adjust to him is fine. But the whole “Where is Bellamy?” and “Not my Bellamy” stuff is so grating.

Yeah, a Twitter break is in order. Maybe I will just worry about my own tweets and spreading positivity.
ICON
Old 06-06-2018, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I honestly struggled way more with reconciling Bellamy in season 3 with season 2. But it is what they feel, I won't diminish their opinions on it but I just don't feel the same way. What annoys me is some people mocking others who are still Bellamy fans and defend him in this episode.

I feel like I need a Twitter break right now too ... this two week break is good for people to cool off, I feel.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 06-06-2018, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What do you bet that, once we get another “She is” type of moment, a lot of these people who are so mad at him are suddenly all about him again?
ICON