Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2018, 05:48 PM
love them more

Moderator of ...
The 100

He is quite a dramatic guy.

... you’re really here.
And now you’re home.

Sarah | tumblr | icon thread | credit
destroyer of worlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

And in season 5, he loves to make a dramatic entrance.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
WE MEET AGAIN.
ICON BY MEL
April7739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Elgius people: why did you appear out of the dark like this holding a mug
Clarke: look you don't understand he has to be dramatic

And now you’re home
Old 05-16-2018, 09:57 PM
New Fan

Hi all! I'm new to this forum. Huge Bellamy stan here. I'm glad to have found a place where I can obsess over him freely. Not sure what the proper procedure is for jumping on board with this thread so I hope it's okay for me to just post.

I haven't seen anyone bringing this up anywhere so I thought I'd address it: is it me or does Bellamy/Bob's physical appearance change pretty dramatically from season to season, at least compared to the other characters on the show? In seasons 1 and 2 he looked quite young, definitely like one of the delinquents even though he technically wasn't one, and then in seasons 3 and 4 he had different hair which made his face look different (maybe more angular/pronounced?), and now in season 5 he looks like he's aged at least 10 years from before, which I suppose kinda fits the narrative because of the 6-year time jump thing but the other characters don't look as dramatically different as he does, although they definitely do all look noticeably older.

Also Bellamy dresses very differently in this new season too, which gives his character a different vibe from his previous dirty, grimy badass/fighter one. I suppose those 6 years in space softened him up a little. Am I the only one who finds this dramatic change in looks takes a bit getting used to?

Last edited by CloudyDreamer; 05-16-2018 at 10:03 PM
CloudyDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Welcome to Fanforum/the 100 board/this thread I'm Kate.

His appearance does change but I think that's fine and to be expected. I guess for me, his change for S5 isn't jarring because I saw all the BTS pics so I already saw him having the beard and different clothes. Also, I like that Bob wanted the blue Henley for Bellamy in S5.

RUTHLESS HEART
Old 05-17-2018, 07:19 AM
love them more

Moderator of ...
The 100

^ He looks so smouldering hot there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudyDreamer (View Post)
Hi all! I'm new to this forum. Huge Bellamy stan here. I'm glad to have found a place where I can obsess over him freely. Not sure what the proper procedure is for jumping on board with this thread so I hope it's okay for me to just post.

I haven't seen anyone bringing this up anywhere so I thought I'd address it: is it me or does Bellamy/Bob's physical appearance change pretty dramatically from season to season, at least compared to the other characters on the show? In seasons 1 and 2 he looked quite young, definitely like one of the delinquents even though he technically wasn't one, and then in seasons 3 and 4 he had different hair which made his face look different (maybe more angular/pronounced?), and now in season 5 he looks like he's aged at least 10 years from before, which I suppose kinda fits the narrative because of the 6-year time jump thing but the other characters don't look as dramatically different as he does, although they definitely do all look noticeably older.

Also Bellamy dresses very differently in this new season too, which gives his character a different vibe from his previous dirty, grimy badass/fighter one. I suppose those 6 years in space softened him up a little. Am I the only one who finds this dramatic change in looks takes a bit getting used to?
Welcome!! I'm Sarah. Glad to have more fans here with us and yup, just jump right in. And yes, feel free to obsess away. We do it every day.

I do agree ... I think that a large part of it is the beard and also the clothing. Everyone has clearly gotten older and their appearance shows it but moreso, Bellamy. Maybe not 10 years IMO but 5/6 years is just about right, whereas the rest look like they've aged maybe 3/4 years?

X

... you’re really here.
And now you’re home.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Roswell
The 100

Marie leave this thread and leave it right now!!*

I LOVE his dramatic entrances I don't know what kind of symbolism they're throwing at us, but I'm eating it up.

*I don't mean it please don't leave

Lxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:36 PM
New Fan

Hi Kate, hi Sarah. Thanks for the welcome. I dunno, I just get a different personality vibe from his new look and that's what I'm mainly trying to adjust to. Up until the last season he looked kind of like an edgy punk and this season he's sporting this homely dad look. Like all of a sudden he looks middle-aged (well, he is) and like he could've easily played Kane in season 1, haha. But he's still gorgeous for sure.
CloudyDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Middle-aged? That's a little much. He's not even 35 yet.
Old 05-17-2018, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Welcome to the thread. Would you like to be added to the fans list?

But please tell me you don’t mean homely as in ugly. And I’d say he looks late 20s, which is what he’s supposed to be and is hardly middle-aged. And I’m late 20s myself, so I love it.

I said before the season started that Bob’s new look would be one of the biggest indicators of time having passed, and having seen the first four episodes, I stand by that. I am all for it, personally. I love facial hair, and I love how it makes him look so rugged and masculine.

Bob is just a chameleon. He can change his voice, his look . . . I mean, he’s an adorable dork in real life and transforms into this brooding, serious guy for Bellamy. It’s amazing.

Season 5 Bellamy is my favorite Bellamy in terms of his look.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
WE MEET AGAIN.
ICON BY MEL
April7739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Another thing we have to keep in mind: Facial hair on a man can make him look older. Women don't have that to age them and Chris can't grow facial hair.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hello CloudyDreamer and welcome ! I agree that Bellamy's look in season 5 is a big of a shock if you are not used to it ! But like April said it is one of Bob's talent to transform so easily. I feel like this way we can really feel the shock of the 6 years time jump and Bellamy has changed a lot in his behavior but Bob plays it really well because all of this changes wer being set up in season 4 so it feels organic and not Out of Character.

Completely off topic but your username reminds me of fanfics writer which was CloudyDreams I think and who wrote about "A song of Ice and Fire". I really loved them, I guess you are not the same person ?

Icon by Paula

Was illegally adopted by Becks&Lee on the 8th of December 2016.
Ellfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:59 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
Marie leave this thread and leave it right now!!*
I will never!

Welcome, CloudyDreamer I kind of like the new look. I think they were mostly just trying to make him look older, though I would agree that Bellamy kind of looks like he has aged more than the other characters. He does seem more mature this season, so maybe they are also trying to use the new look to reflect that
Old 05-17-2018, 05:12 PM
love them more

Welcome, CloudyDreamer! I'm Amelia.

Bellamy definitely looks like he's aged more than others, but he's also supposed to be older anyway. I like his look. He's definitely way closer to Bob's real age now, too, which I appreciate.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:35 PM
love them more

Moderator of ...
The 100

You guys said it well so I don’t even have to add anything to it. To make the change in Bellamy more authentic, it needed to show in his appearance as well so I believe that the show achieved that. And I’m sure that Bob appreciates the fact that he plays a guy much closer in terms of his real age now.

... you’re really here.
And now you’re home.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top