Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-13-2016, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Bellamy Blake [Bob Morley] #7 ~ "If there is one thing Bellamy Blake is not good at, it's giving up on the people he cares about."

Bellamy Blake
[ B o b M o r l e y ]
;07

fans;
001. KeepThisaSecret
002. Stay to the Lights
003. Walt Reynolds
004. YoursToHold
005. AlwaysCB
006. xlennie
007. light the fuse
008. ring of fire
009. Rickylious
010. jules166
011. DefineDelicate
012. XxNamikoLoveXx
013. Nekoshoujo
014. - Nina -
015. MyLastDayWithoutYou
016. tessa21
017. BehindBlueEyes
018. InsideMyHeart
019. bellamy
020. CityGal
021. sourburst
022. b4dark
023. brave princess
024. marcus2596
025. LuvinJames23
026. Fuzzy Dunlop
027. SassyCat
028. PetrificusTotalus
029. Natasha Romanoff
030. Ciiisu
031. Nianfan1
032. gigilove
033. kenni727
034. ParsD
035. lickherwounds
036. RecklessWriter
037. ElenaBelle
038. Karma Police
039. bandcandy
040. MiniElky
041. HutchLaw_Girl
042. silent mayhem
043. redrose13
044. ceecee11
045. Sincerely, Me.
046. Comfortably Numb
047. bellarkes
048. Beyond Insane
049. Lexipedia
050. De Medici Queen
051. wild sage growing
052. BoneLady
053. keroppi
054. thesedays
055. Heidsdk
056. Fogh

The most glorious photo of all time - of this smart and extremely talented actor.

fan videos;

quotes;
-->Jason Rothenberg:
"Bellamy has really risen as a true hero in many ways.
Totally pure, although he started in a pretty dark, selfish place in season one…
He’s going to be inspirational to his people, and he’s going to be recognized as the hero that he really is.
I guess you could extrapolate to a future where he is, in some way, really given responsibility.
And when Clarke goes off on her own, Bellamy stays, because he feels responsible now.
He feels ownership in many ways. These are his people.
Everything he’s done to get them back here, he’s not going to throw away.
He’s going to make sure that they continue surviving." <--

-->TheTVjunkies.com:
"Morley has an onscreen presence that lasts for days.
He commands any scene he’s in and I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re seeing him as
the star of an action series on the big screen one day.
Some actors just have “it.”
“It” can’t be taught and Morley has “it” in spades. Got “it?” " x<--

title suggestions;
--> What's wrong with a little chaos?
--> We take care of ourselves.
--> They say they'll forgive your crimes. I say, you are not criminals.
--> “In ep 7, there’s some really heavy stuff. After 3 days of shooting a particular scene, I felt horrible, it was so dark."
-->Whatever the hell you want. Whenever the hell you want.

previous threads;
001 . 002 . 003 . 004 . 005 . 006. 007

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by Damocles; 02-19-2016 at 08:22 PM
Old 02-13-2016, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

thanks girl!
Old 02-13-2016, 11:01 AM
Passionate Fan

TFTNT!

Bringing this over from the last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarc (View Post)
That is the problem here. They are NOT SURE what those 300 warriors will do because the person who sent them was the one who left them to die last season. Killing them is wrong but if i were Pike i would order them to leave. I would not want 300 warriors standing outside my home who i don´t even know. Killing them is a bit drastic, but wanting them to leave is totally understandable.
Exactly. They just know that those Grounders are supposed to protect them. But for all they know those Grounder's orders could change in a moment and then they have trouble. Wouldn't be the first time Grounders didn't do what they said there were going to do.

I think for Pike and the others from Farm Station it very much is a mentality of "kill or be killed" since all they've ever known is death from Grounders since crashing to Earth. Whereas for Bellamy it definitely comes from a place of mistrust. He's been where Pike and the others have been. But then he was wiling to trust some Grounders. Only to then have that trust thrown in his face. So in a way his pain/frustration regarding Grounders is worse.

I am, in NO WAY, condoning the attack on those Grounders and agree Bellamy's decision to side with Pike is a bit rushed. But I do believe it makes more sense than a lot of people are giving it credit for.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!

Quote:
That is the problem here. They are NOT SURE what those 300 warriors will do because the person who sent them was the one who left them to die last season. Killing them is wrong but if i were Pike i would order them to leave. I would not want 300 warriors standing outside my home who i don´t even know. Killing them is a bit drastic, but wanting them to leave is totally understandable.
I get Pike's POV, he lost a majority of his people because of the grounders. He has no reason to trust them but at the same time, he's attitude is dangerous and might lead to more deaths and a massive war. But I get why he wants revenge, he's only seen one side of the grounders. I just don't get how Bellamy was so easily swayed, he knows that not all grounders are vicious or their enemies, they've made friends and allies among them. I'm sure he doesn't trust Lexa but there are other grounders who are their friends and/or allies.

Quote:
Exactly. They just know that those Grounders are supposed to protect them. But for all they know those Grounder's orders could change in a moment and then they have trouble. Wouldn't be the first time Grounders didn't do what they said there were going to do.
Yeah but it's no excuse to execute 300 people. Especially for Bellamy who was always hesitant to kill people and knows what it costs if you do it. His decision just felt ooc and really rushed.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that asking them to leave is a logical step, nothing more. Surely if Kane/Abby voiced their concerns on how the army of Grounders right outside their camp would make the Arkers uneasy, that they'd leave them and if they didn't, that would indicate some ulterior motives for sure. It's their lives; if they don't want to be protected, then so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I get Pike's POV, he lost a majority of his people because of the grounders. He has no reason to trust them but at the same time, he's attitude is dangerous and might lead to more deaths and a massive war. But I get why he wants revenge, he's only seen one side of the grounders. I just don't get how Bellamy was so easily swayed, he knows that not all grounders are vicious or their enemies, they've made friends and allies among them. I'm sure he doesn't trust Lexa but there are other grounders who are their friends and/or allies.
WORD to bolded bits especially. If Bellamy could rationalise that not all the Mountain Men were ~evil and were worthy of being saved, surely he could do the same with the Grounders even if he clearly doesn't trust Lexa. Pike comes from a different mindset because of different experiences (which I don't agree with but I can understand to some extent) but that doesn't mean it makes sense for Bellamy to just go along with it.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 02-13-2016, 11:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yes, I agree that Bellamy going along with this plan was not fully developed and rushed. As for the friends and allies...not with Bellamy. The only Grounder Bellamy has any sort of relationship with is Lincoln and that situation is unique given Lincoln's relationship with Octavia and Lincoln living in Arkadia. Aside from that Bellamy's personal experience with Grounders has mostly been violence and betrayal.

Quote:
Yeah but it's no excuse to execute 300 people. Especially for Bellamy who was always hesitant to kill people and knows what it costs if you do it. His decision just felt ooc and really rushed.
Again, not trying to excuse or justify any of their behavior. What Pike and Bellamy plan to do is wrong - any way you slice it. Just pointing out that it makes more sense to me than others are saying. I still think it's rushed, and I absolutely hate to see Bellamy regress like this. Some backward motion wouldn't be at all surprising and perhaps even welcome if it propelled him even further forward. But this is too much. After his remorse over the culling and his hesitance in Mt. Weather, when he ultimately only went along with it because he knew there was no other option? There were options here and it makes me sad that Bellamy didn't consider that.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

Exactly. I truly do not understand how Bellamy could have agreed to this plan of going in and just killing all of these grounders.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent mayhem (View Post)
WORD to bolded bits especially. If Bellamy could rationalise that not all the Mountain Men were ~evil and were worthy of being saved, surely he could do the same with the Grounders even if he clearly doesn't trust Lexa. Pike comes from a different mindset because of different experiences (which I don't agree with but I can understand to some extent) but that doesn't mean it makes sense for Bellamy to just go along with it.
I am sure Bellamy knows that not all grounders are bad. There will always be good and bad people on both sides. But thats not the point here. They are in war so its different. Its not about good or bad people its about destroying your enemy´ (s army) so it can´t destroy you.

With the mountain men it was different. They had women and children in there, of course he didn´t want them to die. But now its an ARMY of WARRIORS.

I get your point. You want Bellamy to like the grounders because the viewers like them. But thats not the case for Bellamy. I think i can see it more from his point of view because i don´t care about grounders at all. Apart from Lincoln of course.

Last edited by Skylarc; 02-13-2016 at 11:56 AM
Old 02-13-2016, 11:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I get Pike's POV, he lost a majority of his people because of the grounders. I just don't get how Bellamy was so easily swayed,
That's because Pike was using the Force, that's the only plausible explanation for that terrible development.

Also, he said "bring guns" we all know that's better than sex to him
"Because I love you, you idiot!"

Last edited by AnaMack; 02-13-2016 at 12:10 PM
Old 02-13-2016, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I am sure Bellamy knows that not all grounders are bad. There will always be good and bad people on both sides. But thats not the point here. They are in war so its different. Its not about good or bad people its about destroying your enemy´ (s army) so it can´t destroy you.

With the mountain men it was different. They had women and children in there, of course he didn´t want them to die. But now its an ARMY of WARRIORS.

I get your point. You want Bellamy to like the grounders because the viewers like them. But thats not the case for Bellamy. I think i can see it more from his point of view because i don´t care about grounders at all. Apart from Lincoln of course.
I think where I have the issue with is the absolute finality of what they plan to do ... as I said in my previous post, yes it makes sense to ask the army to leave them and if they didn't, the Arkers would know something is off and be extra wary. But to take the most extreme action possible to me at the outset seems not properly thought out. Even if they succeeded in killing the 300, they are clearly outnumbered by the coalition's army and would incur the wrath of that army and still risk dying then. So it seems silly to me to "poke the hive" so to speak when you don't even know for sure that they are planning to execute the Arkers.

I personally don't care much for the Grounders either except Lincoln, Indra and Niylah (and sometimes Lexa) so personally it's not question of liking them but more of what is morally right and wrong and what is 100% wrong is how quickly they came to the massacre option without knowing the full facts and just ASSUMING.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 02-13-2016, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
? I'm not a fan of the grounders and I don't want him to like them or even trust them, I just don't want Bellamy to kill them for no reason. They are not at war yet, they will declare war if they attack the grounders.

Quote:
Even if they succeeded in killing the 300, they are clearly outnumbered by the coalition's army and would incur the wrath of that army and still risk dying then. So it seems silly to me to "poke the hive" so to speak when you don't even know for sure that they are planning to execute the Arkers.
They don't stand a chance against the entire coalition and Pike is short sided, blinded by wanting revenge, he will lead his people to certain death if he attacks the grounders.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
But to take the most extreme action possible to me at the outset seems not properly thought out.
And then we're back to Bellamy's development as a character, the guy who didn't want to burn down haalf MW because some people were good. The guy who tried to reason a satisfying amount of plans, he wouldn't just go with it. As many shots as he had taken.
"Because I love you, you idiot!"
Old 02-13-2016, 12:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think where I have the issue with is the absolute finality of what they plan to do ... as I said in my previous post, yes it makes sense to ask the army to leave them and if they didn't, the Arkers would know something is off and be extra wary. But to take the most extreme action possible to me at the outset seems not properly thought out.
I agree. I totally understand why they want them to leave. They could just ask them too. But the writers obviously want a bloody battle just for shock value. So what can you do...
Old 02-13-2016, 12:11 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
This is a good point. Remember how Bellamy had that experience in Mount Weather where he had to kill that one guard named Lovejoy and then ran into adorable Lovejoy Jr. in the hallway not long afterwards? He hasn't had that experience with Indra's army. I love Bellamy and he's very smart in a lot of ways, but he's not a big-picture, long-term thinker. The thing that just happened will be at the top of his mind, guiding his actions. In this case, it's getting made a fool of by a Grounder he trusted, resulting in the deaths of a bunch of innocent people and his girlfriend. So of course right now Pike is making sense to him. Bellamy has had all of these exact same thoughts about Grounders before.

Anyway, it's totally fine with me if Bellamy makes a string of horrible decisions. That's what he did for most of S1 and that was the part of the story where I found him to be most compelling as a character. When he started to change and become a "good guy," his character lost relevance to the plot and he got boring. Sure this storyline was hella rushed and should have been handled more gracefully, but I think it fits his character and I'm looking forward to it bringing some drama back into Bellamy's arc.

Quote:
I agree. I totally understand why they want them to leave. They could just ask them too. But the writers obviously want a bloody battle just for shock value. So what can you do...
Actually, I think it's less about bloody battles for shock value and more about the story Jason wants to tell. Apparently he's got it into his head that he wants to do a whole allegory about 9/11 and America's reaction to it. You know, blindly hating everybody who meets a certain broad category and preemptively attacking people who didn't actually have anything to do with the original problem. The issue for me is that Jason is being way too on-the-nose about it, especially considering other people have been making art about these same themes with much more skill and insight for the last fifteen years already, so it's all coming off as very basic and trite.

Last edited by Fuzzy Dunlop; 02-13-2016 at 12:16 PM
Old 02-13-2016, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's the main problem with the writing, they do everything for shock value. Ignore the character development to do something shocking just for the sake of being bold or whatever.