Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-20-2017, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
It was hard in this case when the writers had been showing us for awhile that the Grounders aren't all horrible scary mean people.
So true. It felt so jarring after all the work that TPTB had put in ... to show another side to the Grounders.

Quote:
But I'm like these people have been killed, hunted, held hostage from the moment their drop ship landed, are you really surprised they have that attitude or those trust issues? Different tribal crews didn't matter to that underlying fear. It was perfectly understandable imo. Same for Bellamy. This transformation to the 'dark side' wasn't something stemming from nothing. This was after multiple betrayals. Fool me once and all of that.
THIS. I really cannot understand the POV that all Grounders are awesome and totally innocent because let's just ignore all the horrible things they've done to Arkers just for landing in their territory. Okay then. Arkers are no angels either but people do what they need to do to survive ... both sides are the same in that sense.

New picture of Bob!

Again this is not justifying his actions but it does explain where his distrust of Grounders come from:

Quote:
Why should Bellamy trust all grounders? Why would he feel the same way about them as say, Clarke or Octavia? He knows that they’ve attacked and killed his people before they even thought about talking to them, he knows that an army of grounders was sent to the dropship to kill them all, he knows that Murphy was tortured and sent back with a virus to kill them, he knows that a inncoent teen got his throat slit for walking to slow, he knows that Fin was murdered for “peace”, he knows that Raven was tortured because she was framed by Augustus, he knows that L (along with Clarke but it was L’s idea) let a bomb drop on his people and his sister, he knows that Lincoln is a good person and yet he abandoned Bellamy at Mount Weather and he was strung up to be drained of blood, he knows that L made and alliance and then broke that alliance and made him and Clarke kill everyone, he knows that Clarke was being hunted for her “power” by all grounders, he knows that Clarke was kidnapped and seemingly going to die, he knows that Echo lied to get him to Polis on false pretenses, he knows that this lie ended up getting over 30 of his people killed including a girl that he loved, he knows that grounders killed nearly all of farm station, he knows that L said they were going to be allies again and yet why should he believe that this time would be different? What he doesn’t know is that Lincoln kidnapped Octavia to save her, he doesn’t know that the grounders only killed them because they didnt know who they were, he doesn’t know that Anya tried to help Clarke with an alliance, he doesn’t know that L protected Clarke, he doesn’t know that it was a hard decision for L to make when she left her people, he doesn’t know that L got Roan to kidnap Clarke so she would be safe, he doesn’t know that Echo was sent by the queen to lie to them, he doesn’t know that L and Clarke were as close as they were, he doesn’t know that L was trying to make peace. He didnt have the same ties to the grounders as O and Clarke, there isnt a single grounder that has never betrayed him or his people. I’m not saying that what he and Pike did was okay, but I’m not saying that he should be ridiculed for being afraid of what they’ve done.
X

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 03-20-2017, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, you guys did some posting rounds today, because this was all the way back on page three!

That's a pretty long list there. Bellamy definitely had his reasons. And we as viewers sit here and pass judgment on what's right and wrong (yes, having the insight about the other characters and situations, we can acknowledge that it was wrong), but it makes me wonder what we would do if we were in that situation, if we had experienced so much betrayal. Of course we all want to think we'd rise above it, and hopefully we would, but . . . well, it's not comfortable stuff to think about, let's put it that way.

Wait, Bob was in Texas? Did Steph know about this? Did Steph's husband know about this?
ICON
Old 03-20-2017, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bellamy is special.

I know cause Clarke said so and she's like basically God.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 03-20-2017, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

@ that reasoning, Becks.
ICON
Old 03-20-2017, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As good as any I guess

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 03-20-2017, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love your icon.
ICON
Old 03-20-2017, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Of course we all want to think we'd rise above it, and hopefully we would, but . . . well, it's not comfortable stuff to think about, let's put it that way.

Wait, Bob was in Texas? Did Steph know about this? Did Steph's husband know about this?
Exactly ... I think it's easier to judge and think what we would do under those circumstances and when we know all the facts, but sometimes it just isn't that clear cut. Again, it doesn't make what he did right but he definitely had reason not to trust Grounders and the list reflects that.

Oh yes, I was wondering that too. Steph ... where are youuuuuuu?

That is a pretty compelling reason, Becks.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 03-20-2017, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Queen (View Post)
Exactly ... I think it's easier to judge and think what we would do under those circumstances and when we know all the facts, but sometimes it just isn't that clear cut. Again, it doesn't make what he did right but he definitely had reason not to trust Grounders and the list reflects that.
And honestly, they had to take somebody on that journey, because after the way season two ended, of course there wouldn't be peace and zero ill will between the grounders and sky people. In a way, I'm glad it was Bellamy, because I don't know if other characters could have anchored that storyline in the same way.
ICON
Old 03-20-2017, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Becks has been spending time on the spoilers thread

Old 03-20-2017, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
THIS. I really cannot understand the POV that all Grounders are awesome and totally innocent because let's just ignore all the horrible things they've done to Arkers just for landing in their territory. Okay then. Arkers are no angels either but people do what they need to do to survive ... both sides are the same in that sense.
Agreed, so much. SO MUCH.

So I watched this episode 3 times (I know guys, I know) and the one thing that I cannot get out of my head is how utterly sad Bellamy is. I cannot stop thinking about how he's just breaking more and more every single episode and it's breaking my heart
Old 03-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nothing wrong with watching the episode 3 times, Rose. It's a good one.
ICON
Old 03-20-2017, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
Becks has been spending time on the spoilers thread
Right?

Thanks, April #BUNS

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 03-21-2017, 02:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
Agreed, so much. SO MUCH.

So I watched this episode 3 times (I know guys, I know) and the one thing that I cannot get out of my head is how utterly sad Bellamy is. I cannot stop thinking about how he's just breaking more and more every single episode and it's breaking my heart :no:
Twice for me. I always go back because I always seem to miss something upon first watch. But I'm in total agreement. I don't like. I mentioned this in the other thread but it seriously worries me for Bellamy. When characters start to break, it doesn't usually mean anything good. I've seen it many of times on plenty of shows and it's usually the path to their death. I would be livid. I honestly can't take losing another character after what that stupid TVD did to Stefan.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sharon, don't even put that idea out there into the atmosphere.

I think his sadness in the last episode had a lot to do with Octavia, obviously.

But ironically, we got a smile out of him in the episode, too.

We really should run a Bellamy Blake Smile Survivor, come to think of it. There are few enough of them (sadly) that it would be a manageable number of items in the voting pool.
ICON
Old 03-21-2017, 05:55 AM
Total Fan

adorable ♥