Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2019, 04:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Late to the party. RL getting in the way.

I thought the episode was beautifully shot. Loved the details in the chess scene and the colors in the mushroom cave. Mr. Morley sure does love the closeups, especially the reaction shots. The whole look was very different from the other eps. Well done, Bob.

I enjoyed seeing Miller and Gaia talk about their regrets in the bunker. It was a brief conversation, but, said it all. Loved the peek into Miller stealing to get himself sent to earth.

We have so many characters to service, but, I did enjoy the look into the CoG and getting to know about Xavier and Layla. I can only hope that the CoG and the anomaly are the main story next season. I want to see Diyoza again.

I also liked the lighting on Russell when he was getting ready to have Echo killed. He looked especially evil in that shot. I'm not sure if I want him to survive the season or what he could do if Sanctum falls. And I do think it is going to fall.

As for Echo, it was nice to get a glimpse into her past, although it was kind of a given that she was forced to kill as a child. Interesting that she never shared those details with Bellamy in those 6 years in space. I think that harkens back to their conversation on the ring, with Echo expecting things to change. And now she's a nightblood. I suspect things between them will change drastically, especially if Echo ends up as commander. But some things never change and the old Echo is right under the surface. I have to say, I don’t feel a bit bad about her killing Ryker. He was a wishy, washy villain at best and too quick to flip sides. Buh-bye.

Even though I'm pretty tired of the flame/commander story, I do see that it needs to continue to at least wrap up the Sheidheda in Madi plot. I'm hoping that it gets wrapped up with the Primes. Probably not though, because JR loves it. They are creating more nightbloods...

Murphy seems to be heading back to the right side, but, that can change on a dime. At least his love for Emori was his main motivator here. We'll see what happens when he figures out that Clarke is pretending to be Josie. That will be the moment we see how much he really cares. Maybe he will even do something heroic to save his people. It still wouldn't make up for his betrayal this season, but, it would be s start. And I still want Bellamy to kick his ass.

Clarke sacrificing herself surprised no one. Good thing she was paying attention to Josie and her little quirks. EJ was so subtle in portraying the slight differences in Clarke's pretense. Eliza has really risen to every challenge thrown her way this season. I'm happy she didn't slip in front of Murphy. But I do wonder what he would have done if he knew. I felt bad for Clarke when she saw what they were doing to Madi. I think Russell was watching very closely, and she didn't seem to let the facade slip.

The scenes with Clarke and Bellamy were interesting. There is a subtle difference in how they talk to each other now. They are a little softer, and yes, more touchy. Bellamy was so determined not to let Clarke put herself in harm's way. He was more in favor of burming Sanctum to the ground.
Welcome back, emotional thinking with his heart S1 Bellamy. I did find his lack of reaction on hearing that Echo is in trouble a little telling. Given that Bob was the director, I can't help but feel that choice was deliberate.

My favorite scene was the Blakes in the mushroom cave. Beautiful scene. Octavia is finally growing up and accepting responsibility. Hopefully Bellamy will see that in time. I almost cheered when Bellamy stood his ground. I loved the whole conversation. I don't think he is really mad at Octavia anymore, but, he can't go back to what once was. Too much has happened and it isn't healthy for him to revert back to taking responsibility for her. Now maybe they can start to rebuild a healthier relationship in S7.

I can't believe there are only two eps left. These seasons go by so fast.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We have the same favorite scene, Modo! We have so been on the same wavelength this season!

I agree that the lighting on Russell was very cool. Actually, the lighting in the whole episode was great. It was easy to see what was going on. Now hearing, on the other hand . . . that damn dark commander made me put on subtitles. I also had to put them on when Gabriel was talking to Layla about Josie and Simone’s interest in the red sun or whatever. That was a massive dialogue dump there, and my friend and I both looked at each other and were like, “I’m lost.”

Yes, Echo’s backstory did seem like a given to me, too. And I think it’s important to make that distinction, because people who are saying it felt random or unnecessary aren’t really saying it doesn’t matter, but rather that it just doesn’t feel particularly revelatory given what we already knew.

It would be nice if the commander/flame storyline would get wrapped up with the primes, but I don’t have any hope for that. If there is anything this season has shown, it’s how perverse it is to alter someone’s mind like that, and they need to just let people be who they are.

I’m starting to worry about Murphy. I know Richard said something at the Conageddon panels that made me sure Murphy would not die (can’t recall what it was, though), and JR posted what he did during SDCC, but his whole arc this season has revolved around his fear of his own mortality. I’m still worried about Murphy more, though, as Luisa did describe this season as “Deadly as usual.”

I have hopes for the anomaly that probably won’t come true.
ICON
Old 07-29-2019, 09:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yes, we have been. That’s not difficult when we share the same favorite character.

Every season is deadly to someone. With them killing off Kane, I would be surprised if any regular cast members got killed off. If I had to pick who I think should go, it would be Abby. But then, she paid for some of her sins by losing Kane. That does leave Gaia, Miller, and Emori as up for grabs. Gaia and Miller sort of came to terms with their past in this episode. But I wouldn't want to lose any of them, especially Emori.

To be realistic, something has to come from the back and forth with Murphy. I would hate it, but, it would be poetic for him to lose the one thing he loves over his shenanigans. Since Emori was so heroic a few episodes ago, I do fear for her.