Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2019, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Also, and I know this is more of a general statement but: What's even the point of Jordan exciting?!
Old 07-30-2019, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah, you reminded me of something else that really bothers me - NOBODY asking about Jordan? Bellamy and Clarke and their "for Monty", but they don't even care about his son? It's silly.

Anyway don't get me wrong, I've loved this season but this episode to me was a mess. I'll probably enjoy it a bit more the second time around. I just think there are too many characters and therefore a few too many things going on, and this is where 16 episodes would have really been handy.
"you
I wish Abby got a better send off, she was thrown away almost as quickly as Kane. Their exits were both really sad, too.

But hooray for seeing Indra again!

ETA there are a couple things from the trailer we still haven't seen - Clarke in her normal clothing running through the fields, Bellamy on the ship(?) with guns. Not to mention the "you left me in the fighting pits" line...not sure how that's going to work next episode, but ok.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Wasn't Clarke in her normal clothes in the woods the moment when she was running from the COG? Don't see how the radio/fighting pit line could work next week. Forgot about the Buns moment. So he will get on the ship somehow then.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't remember re: her running from the COG, I'm just going by what people are saying on Twitter

Old 07-30-2019, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What was Russell doing in the beginning? Just sewing her up? Putting the (unbeknownst to him) blank drive back in her? Friend and I are rewatching and we are confused.
ICON
Old 07-30-2019, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I couldn't hear any of it, so I wasn't sure either?

Old 07-30-2019, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
What was Russell doing in the beginning? Just sewing her up? Putting the (unbeknownst to him) blank drive back in her? Friend and I are rewatching and we are confused.
Correct
Old 07-30-2019, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Putting get the drive back in her is correct?

We are also quite confused on the Memori stuff.
ICON
Old 07-30-2019, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Quote:

What about it has you confused?
Old 07-30-2019, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So Clarke is just letting him put in a mind drive she knows is blank but he thinks it still has Josie on it?
ICON
Old 07-30-2019, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I was so confused too

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 07-30-2019, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Now that I rewatched, I feel more clear on some things, but . . . there are still a few that have me scratching my head.
ICON
Old 07-31-2019, 01:26 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Keep in mind that I've only seen gifs and not the episode but ...

Since when are Echo and Clarke friends? The hugging/I'm so relieved to see you kind of friends? I'm all for female friendships but at least show me how they developed because I feel like I'm missing something. They weren't friends when they went into cryo and when they awoke they did the exploration to Sanctum and barely interacted? Echo was full battle mode over Clarke's death, but I assumed that was more of "Hey, this is my boyfriend's best buddy you murdered here. Not cool." Someone explain this friendship to me, please.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:32 AM
Elite Fan

quick thoughts before getting caught up with this thread.

I liked this episode. My only major criticism would be pacing. I felt some things were rushed, most of all Murphy/Emori changing their minds. Although that moment between Clarke and Murphy was incredibly rewarding emotionally (for me anyway, I want these two to be friends, damn it).

Since Abby cannot be rescued, I wonder how long Paige will stay on? My guess is she'll be killed in the finale though. And I'm ok with that. They had reduced her character to nothing but "Kane needs to survive" for too long. There was no Abby on her own anymore and it started to drag.

Another rushed but ultimately rewarding (if slightly stilted and awkward) scene was Abby/Raven. As is somewhat customary, crap gets resolved before the character bites the dust. Well I'm glad Abby apologized to Raven and vice versa. At least that won't be further weighing on Raven now that Abby is dead.

EJ's acting was fantastic as always. Clarke pretending to be Josie and keeping it all in in spite of realizing she just lost her mother and is worried for her daughter.

The final shot in space was great, too. Like in a Western movie. What a standoff Also Indra
Also Abby as Simone? Hot damn, woman

I have no clue where they're going with this.
The wait for next week will be excruciating

ETA

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris (View Post)
Keep in mind that I've only seen gifs and not the episode but ...

Since when are Echo and Clarke friends? The hugging/I'm so relieved to see you kind of friends? I'm all for female friendships but at least show me how they developed because I feel like I'm missing something. They weren't friends when they went into cryo and when they awoke they did the exploration to Sanctum and barely interacted? Echo was full battle mode over Clarke's death, but I assumed that was more of "Hey, this is my boyfriend's best buddy you murdered here. Not cool." Someone explain this friendship to me, please.
yeah sorry, can't help you there, Mel

I watched and it felt weird to me as well. These two have never been close. In fact iirc, Echo was all "I should have killed you when I had the chance" nly weeks ago (well 100 plus years, but you know what I mean LOL)

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon

Last edited by CanIcallYouKate; 07-31-2019 at 01:48 AM
Old 07-31-2019, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that was dumb and shoehorned in there and I’m not sure why. Don’t get me wrong, I WANT everyone to be friends But make it make sense, guys.

Eliza’s acting was terrific this week, and it was nice that we got a tiny bit more of Miller.

I loved Murphy and Emori’s OTT outfits

As for Memori, it seems they gave them the wiped mind drives of the Lee family, and I guess they were just presenting them as the Primes to the general public. Once they die their minds will automatically be uploaded to the blank drivers although I thought they did this manually, I need to pay more attention

Here’s the proper promo for the finale:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j-r93UldTdk

Last edited by Damocles; 07-31-2019 at 04:50 AM