Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2019, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Chuku Modu April.
Thanks.

Quote:
Interestingly worded. She’ll miss playing Abby. Not she’ll miss being on the show.
ICON
Old 07-30-2019, 06:55 PM
Total Fan

WORK, Paige! She looks fantastic.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

That's a sudden turn on Murphy and Emori's parts.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:00 PM
Total Fan

Lol, what a hilarious final tableau to end on. Like if you hadn't been watching S6 up until now and all you saw was the those last 30 seconds on the ship, you would be like WTF??????
Old 07-30-2019, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Really not sure what to think about this episode overall
Old 07-30-2019, 07:04 PM
Total Fan

I thought this was probably the second best episode of the season behind the one that was all in Clarke's mindspace. It got a little confusing trying to keep track of who was who and who knew what, but overall it was tense and exciting and eventful. The directing was good. The acting was good. (I would have thought people would be loving it, considering how much people have been griping about Abby for years now. )
Old 07-30-2019, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
That's a sudden turn on Murphy and Emori's parts.
Right? That was very abrupt.

This episode was okay. Picked up towards the end, but some things, like the Memori change of heart, were too sudden. Kim’s previous episode this season was much stronger, I feel.
ICON
Old 07-30-2019, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It was kinda blah for me. Pieces of it were good

What was her other episode April?
Old 07-30-2019, 07:08 PM
Total Fan

Lol, it's funny because I've seen people saying it was the best episode of the season (or the whole series) over on reddit.

Like how can you not love that final set up? Clarke pretending to be Josephine with a gun at Gaia's head? Abby is now Simone and looking like a full-on Queen? All of them facing off against INDRA??? It's gonna be lit!
Old 07-30-2019, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I personally did not enjoy that episode, mainly because things seemed so shoehorned in there that it was awkward to watch. They made it painfully obvious that Abby was about to die, when she had touching moments with both Raven and Clarke.

I hated some of the camera work (the constant closeups on Madi in the beginning of the episode were just weird), and the pacing was off. I found alot of what was going on to be really confusing and jumbled, as well.

I DID enjoy seeing Emori looking like a smokeshow, and I like how Murphy didn't believe Clarke was Josephine

The entire scene with Abby, Clarke, Madi, Raven and Jackson was one of the most awkward scenes I've ever seen on this show, too? It just felt so weird. I also find it incredibly unrealistic that Echo and Clarke would have a warm embrace, but not Clarke and Raven? Like, be consistent here. Characters were acting completely different this episode than in even the last one.

I'm still not on board with Russell suddenly being evil and mean, it's just weird.

Mostly at this point, I just want all the primes to die, and the anomaly and Diyoza to show up again.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

6x07. I think she excels at bottle episodes (3x11, for example). This episode tried to cram in a lot. It worked in some parts and not others. I think the Memori subplot was where they really dropped the ball.

ETA: Yes, Lisa, they did make it obvious Abby was going to die. With that said, when she actually did and we saw flashbacks of Clarke as a baby and child, that kind of still got to me.
ICON
Old 07-30-2019, 07:14 PM
Total Fan

Wow. Okay. Can't please everyone, I guess.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

This episode just showed why it's sometimes bad to have a short season and a lot of characters and plots imo. Didn't work out well.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:23 PM
Total Fan

I think they wasted too much time in the middle of the season on Clarke as Josephine. Not much plot actually happened during all of that, which is unusual for this show. Normally they burn through plot like crazy. There was a definite lull in the action for like three episodes or so. This episode was absolutely awesome in comparison. It's like they saved up everything cool for the last minute.

Anyway, goodnight. My terrible work schedule continues.
Old 07-30-2019, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m sitting here thinking about what my thoughts will be for this episode, and I think they will be quite short (by my standards ) Most of the characters, though they were on the screen, didn’t really do much. The plot was affecting them rather than them affecting the plot. It works in some parts, but not in others.

I will say that I much prefer this over the penultimate episode we had last season, though. Except I’m bummed that our characters are separated for the finale. Hopefully it doesn’t last long.
ICON