Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2014, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

Well, if that were true then Lincoln would be dead...

Just re-watched the episode and that scene where Kane tells the guard to arrest Bellamy just pisses me off. His exact words after Finn lists Murphy's crimes ("He killed 2 of our people, shot another one and tried to hang Bellamy") were "I don't care." Then he proceeds to help the little sht up off the ground.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 10-22-2014, 10:35 PM
Total Fan

He doesn't just say "I don't care." He goes on to explain that by saying that there are still laws and rules and Bellamy can't just beat Murphy's face in no matter what he did. And by legal standards in America today, he's absolutely right! Due process, etc.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

They're not in America today. They're in a post-apocalyptic dystopian society. These are the same fools that floated people for stealing medicine so forgive me if I don't see Kane as some altruistic savior who just wants to do right by the people from the Ark and is simply following the due process of the law.

I know what he said about them having rules and them not being animals but his exact response when Finn told him what Murphy had done was "I don't care." A better response and one I could've respected was "Arrest him too." Just my opinion on the matter.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:07 PM
Total Fan

I'm not saying he's a "savior," I'm saying his behavior is totally reasonable and just even by today's standards. I think Bellamy is not being a good guy when his first reaction is to attack Murphy. If he had used his words and explained the situation to Kane, then maybe Murphy wouldn't be in chains but at least Bellamy wouldn't be either. This is part of his character. He is impulsive and violent and does The Wrong Thing more often than not. Any normal person (who isn't already a huge Bellamy fan) walking into this situation would be appalled by what he did.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Loved Clarke this episode. She was just awesome. And I'm so glad she's still not swallowing the tripe that Wallace guy is trying to feed her. I just hope Jasper and Monty realize she's right to remain suspicious and help a girl out.

Did not love Kane. I get that he would have the guards pull Bellamy off Murphy. But tasing him? Not okay. He has no idea what's been going on and what reasons Bellamy may have for pouncing on the guy. I nearly saw red when he told Bellamy he's not in charge. Excuse me? The Ark threw the 100 away, literally. Bellamy (and Clarke) are the only reason the 100 survived but now Kane wants to stroll in and play the hero? Not okay. And I was really starting to like Kane the last few episodes. I hope I can continue to do so.

And where's Anya?
Old 10-22-2014, 11:38 PM
Master Fan

^I'm sure we'll be seeing her in the next couple of episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
Did not love Kane. I get that he would have the guards pull Bellamy off Murphy. But tasing him? Not okay. He has no idea what's been going on and what reasons Bellamy may have for pouncing on the guy. I nearly saw red when he told Bellamy he's not in charge. Excuse me? The Ark threw the 100 away, literally. Bellamy (and Clarke) are the only reason the 100 survived but now Kane wants to stroll in and play the hero? Not okay. And I was really starting to like Kane the last few episodes. I hope I can continue to do so.

Use his words? Murphy tried to hang Bellamy. Murphy suffocated, not one but two different kids from the 100. He also shot Raven. Oh, and he helped the Grounders try to annihilate the 100. It would be totally "normal" for Bellamy to not feel rage for as he put it a "murdering son of a bitch". Hmm, well, I guess I'm not normal b/c I would've been perfectly fine if Finn (who I'm not a huge fan of) had done the same thing to Murphy b/c the guy deserved it. And I get that Kane didn't know the whole situation but I just wasn't a fan of his lack of reaction to Murphy's crimes.. I feel like I'm having a circular argument here.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:39 AM
Total Fan

Yes, Jesus Christ. We are not getting anywhere here. Do I understand why Bellamy freaked out on Murphy? Yes. Do I think that two wrongs make a right? No.

How is Kane supposed to have a reaction to Murphy's crimes when all he has to go on is that two bloody ex-cons he found in the woods say he's a murderer? For all we know, Kane will do something about Murphy in the next episode. But in the moment, Murphy was being totally chill and Bellamy was flipping out.

Also, for the record, it is not "normal" to deal with anger by trying to kill someone with your bare hands. Murphy deserves punishment, but really? Should a civilized society be okay with just pummeling someone to death because "he deserves it"? What would Clarke say? What did Clarke say the first time Bellamy tried to kill Murphy with his fists in 1x04? Was she like "go ahead, he deserves it"?
Old 10-23-2014, 03:33 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave princess (View Post)
They're not in America today. They're in a post-apocalyptic dystopian society. These are the same fools that floated people for stealing medicine so forgive me if I don't see Kane as some altruistic savior who just wants to do right by the people from the Ark and is simply following the due process of the law.

I know what he said about them having rules and them not being animals but his exact response when Finn told him what Murphy had done was "I don't care." A better response and one I could've respected was "Arrest him too." Just my opinion on the matter.
Mte, where were those rules when they all decided to drop these kids to Earth, knowing that theres a big chance they will die???

I get why Kane reacted this way, but the hypocrisy is amazing

The ep in general was great. Even though I had read the recap before and basically knew what was coming I still loved it all Especially Clarke scenes, shes so amazing! I teared up when the kids in MW saw her and ran to her. And in the scene with Jasper when hes talking her out of pulling the lever. Ughh this show.

Btw Im super glad that Tristan is dead, I could not stand him and he annoyed me even more in this ep when he just sliced that kids throat and dragged Finn behind a horse. I hate seeing kids from the 100 getting killed because we are already down to so few (like only a half has survived by now).

I also loved how Bellamy went to rescue Finn, I thought it was a nice parallel with the S1 finale when Finn ran to rescue Bellamy. I dont see them becoming BFFs nor do I want that, but little moments like these are awesome imo
Old 10-23-2014, 06:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciiisu (View Post)
I also loved how Bellamy went to rescue Finn, I thought it was a nice parallel with the S1 finale when Finn ran to rescue Bellamy. I dont see them becoming BFFs nor do I want that, but little moments like these are awesome imo
I loved that too! Initially it just struck me how much I love Bellamy; he would put is life on the line to save any of the 100 (well, except for Murphy). I hadn't thought of the parallel of Finn running to save Bellamy in the finale. But now that you've pointed that out it's even better. I also don't see them becoming BFFs, nor do I want them too. But I do want them to move past their, sometimes petty, differences and work together to get stuff done. There were hints of that in the premiere and I'm excited about that.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:27 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
But I do want them to move past their, sometimes petty, differences and work together to get stuff done. There were hints of that in the premiere and I'm excited about that.
Yessss exactly I loved them working together in the premiere and the convo they had after Bellamy was chained.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave princess (View Post)
Well, if that were true then Lincoln would be dead...

Just re-watched the episode and that scene where Kane tells the guard to arrest Bellamy just pisses me off. His exact words after Finn lists Murphy's crimes ("He killed 2 of our people, shot another one and tried to hang Bellamy") were "I don't care." Then he proceeds to help the little sht up off the ground.

TOTALLY AGREE!!! I used to be a fan of Kane's, but not anymore after this episode!
Old 10-23-2014, 08:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
Yes, Jesus Christ. We are not getting anywhere here. Do I understand why Bellamy freaked out on Murphy? Yes. Do I think that two wrongs make a right? No.

How is Kane supposed to have a reaction to Murphy's crimes when all he has to go on is that two bloody ex-cons he found in the woods say he's a murderer? For all we know, Kane will do something about Murphy in the next episode. But in the moment, Murphy was being totally chill and Bellamy was flipping out.

Also, for the record, it is not "normal" to deal with anger by trying to kill someone with your bare hands. Murphy deserves punishment, but really? Should a civilized society be okay with just pummeling someone to death because "he deserves it"? What would Clarke say? What did Clarke say the first time Bellamy tried to kill Murphy with his fists in 1x04? Was she like "go ahead, he deserves it"?
I have to agree with brave princess on this. Even if he didn't know all the facts, the right thing would be to detain both Bellamy and Murphy. He should have at least listened to Finn.. (wait did I just say listen to Finn..oh my..) but he didn't. Finn was a witness. Like I said before, the right thing in a civil society would be to detain them both until all the facts were gathered.

For example if there were people on a playground, and one person shouts out (pointing to a man that is trying to blend in with the other people to get away) "That man tired to hurt this child". Would the person close the man just let the man walk away?? Or would they act on human instinct which is to stop whoever they think hurt the child?? Okay that might have been a bit drastic,
Old 10-23-2014, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciiisu (View Post)
I liked that too. I think their ship name is Fellamy but it should totally be Finamy. I don't see these two ever really being friends, more like begrudging allies. I can see them working well together even if they don't always agree. I'm actually hoping that they do bicker a little bit, not fight just maybe snipe at each other every once in awhile.

Maya having a dialysis treatment was interesting. When I first heard about it, I thought that they were trying to make it seem like it was b/c of Clarke but when I watched the episode, I got the impression that she was there for a regularly scheduled treatment.

Last edited by brave princess; 10-23-2014 at 08:34 AM
Old 10-23-2014, 09:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

This season premiere deserved higher ratings than it got. I hope the ratings go up, and I hope the writers are smart enough to capitalize on what works, and I'll leave it at that.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicchild (View Post)
I have to agree with brave princess on this. Even if he didn't know all the facts, the right thing would be to detain both Bellamy and Murphy. He should have at least listened to Finn.. (wait did I just say listen to Finn..oh my..) but he didn't. Finn was a witness. Like I said before, the right thing in a civil society would be to detain them both until all the facts were gathered.

For example if there were people on a playground, and one person shouts out (pointing to a man that is trying to blend in with the other people to get away) "That man tired to hurt this child". Would the person close the man just let the man walk away?? Or would they act on human instinct which is to stop whoever they think hurt the child?? Okay that might have been a bit drastic,
Actually, Finn didn't witness anything. He was literally not present for any of Murphy's crimes. Would not hold up in court of law.

They've got Murphy with them. He still has a big stab wound in his thigh. Accusations have been made. I doubt this is the end of the story.