Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop (View Post)
I agree so much with the bolded part. But I have to say, I was reading the review of this week's episode on IGN and it was so well-received. The reviewer scored it as a 9.0 ("Awesome") and there were hundreds of comments where people were saying that it's the best show on tv right now and they can't believe nobody knows about it. So the problem is really not the content of the show, I think. The only people I see losing interest are shippers. All the other fans think it's incredible and getting better every week. The show needs more of those fans. The problem is that it's not being promoted nearly as much as it needs to be and the very little promotion it does get isn't reaching its ideal audience.
IA and this is what I've been saying - nobody can tell me this show is being promoted properly. Not only that, but in Canada nobody has even heard of it except people that stumble across it on Netflix - ie. me. I would have NEVER heard of it. I know my ratings don't count, but that has to amount for something.

The content of this show should not be an issue IMO, and if people ran away because of Bellarke/lack of Bellarke then like I said previously on another thread, that's really too bad. Because if and when Bellarke does happen, it'll be worth it for those who stuck around. The people I DO know now that watch this show, couldn't care less about Bellarke and don't watch it for that reason.

Also, this is a sci-fi show and it would never be promoted as a teen soapy drama, which will automatically alienate a ton of CW viewers. That's also fine. I'm fine with all of this, as long as it doesn't get cancelled after season 3 (unless season 3 is terrible, then see you later).

Old 02-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar_1 (View Post)
First, Jane is not a solid show. Is a great show. Who can do drama and comedy. Who knows how to use all his characters (something the 100 should learn) and has a racial diversity and LGBT couple, who is complex and interesting (yes, im looking at Lexa and the way the show acted like the were the cw show that did good representation of LGBT). But the 100 fans has some bias with this show that i´ll never get (maybe is the GG and that has -maybe even more - critical acclaim) but, then, this happens with actually every cw show that gets praise that is not the 100.

Secondly, this speech is outdated, yay, i used to believe in that, but no, its outdated by now, because we are not talking about a show who has a steady viewership but i show that could hold 0.6 and now only make 0.5 (since 12/17) and has downgrading of numbers (we always a little under 1.53 millions). So the question is not how to gain new fans but what made us losing it?? Also, SPN when come to our slot time when the seaosn is over and if they can hold their numbers we can serious attest that the problem is not Empire.

People say CW do not advertise the show enough, but they gave the best time slot the show could ask for, after arrow who is the most muture show on the channel, also, before season 2 start the first series was on netflix, so poeple could catch up with the show and come back for the season 2. In terms of advertising, im not so sure cw is so lazy.

Overall, i said this before, the show will never get more than 0.6 and its not CW doing. Its because it already on season 2 and the ratings didn´t increase at all. Also, its a sci-fi show that resembles a lot of GoT and TWD (season 2. season 1 that didnt happen), so people who watch theses shows may not be that interesting in seeing the 100. They will fill their times with other types of shows.

Anyways, bottom line. The buzz of the show fade a bit during season 2 (the critical acclaim come mostly from about 2\3 sites) and yes, the 100 team need to work out what happen and see how they can make two things: first bring back the people who watched the show and stop, and then see how to increase the ratings.

That just my opinion. I do hope thou they show can make it back to his old self and i think when MW sl is over and the 47 is back (or who survives) we have a good chance of better sl again.

Well "The 100" is what it is. Can't expect it to be like "Jane" . After "Arrow" is not the best slot like we assumed before. Can't expect this show to be like the other teeny bopper shows on the network. Its meant to be dark
Old 02-20-2015, 07:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmac1 (View Post)
Well "The 100" is what it is. Can't expect it to be like "Jane" . After "Arrow" is not the best slot like we assumed before. Can't expect this show to be like the other teeny bopper shows on the network. Its meant to be dark
Where did i say they are the same things. I just point out the good in it, because you said it was solid and i dont see it as solid (jane). And what i point as difference are things that we can compare in any type of show. Character development and representation. Just that.

What the best slot is??? Because it is Arrow or Flash, there no other best slot around, and between the two of them. Arrow is the one who could bring the mature fans the 100 seems to seek.

And please, this treatment of CW as teeny bopper shows type of network is so outdate. I think you will have to live with the fact that no other channel wanted this show, but CW. And that it is a CW show. Also, the dark that The 100 do.. gore or graphic killing... SPN did \do it for years.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think the timeslot ever matters - it didn't matter for good CW shows in the past that had good lead-ins. If people aren't interested in the show, then they aren't interested. I have absolutely no interest in Arrow despite always seeing the last 10 minutes before The 100 starts

The CW was always marketed towards a young audience, back in the WB days... it was all the same. It's still the same - but you can tell now they are trying to change it a bit, and I think it's working. Their genres are much more varied than they used to be, and the shows are critically acclaimed (some of them anyway), so someone behind the scenes is doing something right IMO. Ratings have never been good on this network as far as I know, and Arrow and The Flash are comic book shows so there you go - instant ratings. Jane's ratings are going up because of the GG nom, plus it gets more promo now because of that. I also see promo for JtV in Canada Before Jane's GG nom, everyone was saying how horrible the ratings were and how it was probably going to get cancelled along with Reign or HoD.

As for character development, let's hope the kids reunite and half of the group dies (mostly adults??), then I'm sure we can get all the development we want

Also, I love how all of a sudden this thread has activity!

Old 02-20-2015, 08:08 PM
Total Fan

We need to start a new thread, actually. This should be post #305.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

http://www.fanforum.com/f34/100-rati...eady-63143073/
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie